Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Oklahoma addresses high school transgender athlete issue

Featured Replies

I can address it for them all.

 

Tell the kid to stand in front of a mirror naked and what they have between their legs is what gender sport they play.

I'd be interested in knowing the statistics of the amount of transgender students playing a sport. I have no problems with the decision, but as the article said, there weren't any transgender athletes. I would just be curious to know the amount of students that these regulations across all the states have impacted.

 

I don't like that some states have no hormone or testosterone type of requirements. But I really think that is a minimal deal.

 

Not exactly expecting KHSAA to be jumping on this one any time soon, but I could be wrong.

There will be some male kid soon in Jefferson County, most likely at Atherton as they've already had transgender issues there, who will say he's really a girl and he wants to play field hockey or volleyball or girls basketball.

I have no issue with someone identifying themselves as anything they want. I don't agree with them (a man is not a woman IMO no matter what they do) but it is his/her life so go for it. I DO have an issue when how they identify themselves affects others. A HS boy should not get to say "I identify myself as a girl" so I get to play girls' sports, thereby taking the spot from another girl (who is really a girl) A man should not be able to say "I identify myself as a woman" and go into the woman's locker room at a fitness facility and expose others to him. That does not make me a bigot - it is just common sense.

Paging Renee Richards.

Did Renee Richards play girls HS tennis??

Doesn't seem quite fair to the male trans gender

There will be some male kid soon in Jefferson County, most likely at Atherton as they've already had transgender issues there, who will say he's really a girl and he wants to play field hockey or volleyball or girls basketball.

 

Field Hockey is the big fall sport for girls in my home state (girls soccer is played in the spring), and it seemed every couple years there were one or two boys in the state that wanted to play field hockey. They weren't transgender, but I believe in every case they ended up being allowed to play because there was no boys equivalent sport. I don't remember it being a huge deal, and I don't think the boys that did play were ever very good. On the flip side, there were always a few girls that would attempt to play football, and they were almost universally allowed to play. And you can't go to any wrestling tournament anywhere in the country (including very high level events) where there aren't at least a few girls competing with boys.

 

On a side note, globally, field hockey is an extremely popular sport and primarily a male sport.

Paging Renee Richards.

 

Renee Richards never played woman's tennis with male genitals.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.