How likely is it...

I

I know your pain. Scott regularly gets confused with Scott County. The tshirts sold by the tournament host even had Scott county printed on them. Then the announcing team last night referred to Scott as being located in Latonia.

And sadly the announcer that said they are located in Latonia is from Northern Kentucky

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And sadly the announcer that said they are located in Latonia is from Northern Kentucky

Didn't know that. It kind of drives me a little crazy when people refer to Scott as "Covington Scott". Taylor Mill is a small town, but it is on the map.

Love that you are over looking Greenup. Hope the Highland players are doing the same.

It's not considered "overlooking" when I don't know what they have. I don't live close to Greenup, so how am I supposed to know just how good they are? I know what Highlands has.

Guest LSPM89
I should know this but is "Fort Thomas Highlands" the official name for Highlands? I was listening the other day and that's all the announcers kept saying.

Ft Thomas Independent schools include 3 elementary, middle and HS. In northern KY the HS is just known as Highlands. Out side of NKY they tend to call it Ft Thomas Highlands.

It is annoying during the season I'm sure to travel but "Covington Scott" and Simon Kenton (State Finals last year) are in different regions than Highlands and other Northern KY schools just a few miles away, but it gives Northern KY more opportunities to rep teams in State and I love it. Go Birds! Go Eagles!

It is annoying during the season I'm sure to travel but "Covington Scott" and Simon Kenton (State Finals last year) are in different regions than Highlands and other Northern KY schools just a few miles away, but it gives Northern KY more opportunities to rep teams in State and I love it. Go Birds! Go Eagles!

Not only that, but there is the potential for all 3 Of the high schools in the KCSD to make it to state being in the 8th, 9th & 10th. Which I personally think is stupid.

Not only that, but there is the potential for all 3 Of the high schools in the KCSD to make it to state being in the 8th, 9th & 10th. Which I personally think is stupid.

I don't mind it or think it's stupid at all. While yes, it kind of defies logic, it gives all three a chance to experience some success without it being at the expense of each other. It was great last year seeing Scott and SK both make state, and both were deserving. Putting them in the same region doesn't allow that to happen. The more possible exposure for the district the better.

Great teacher and a great guy. You won't hear a student or player say one negative word about Trame. The guy just wins at life and his son Andrew has the same characteristics/personality. Easy family to root for.

Jeff's been that way even when he was a kid. Quality individual.

I don't mind it or think it's stupid at all. While yes, it kind of defies logic, it gives all three a chance to experience some success without it being at the expense of each other. It was great last year seeing Scott and SK both make state, and both were deserving. Putting them in the same region doesn't allow that to happen. The more possible exposure for the district the better.

Like many things, different camps.

Thanks for backing me on the other stuff though.