Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lumenocity

Featured Replies

I scored 4 tickets for the Friday event. Who else is attending? I've never been so what should I expect?

I scored 4 tickets to Friday. All my friends, and wife, applied but I was the only one that got tickets. I went last year, great time, bring a chair.

I've heard it's a really cool event but have never been. I actually got 4 tickets to the show last year (for free), but sold them to a friend of a friend.

I started to register and the site was down or having computer problems and I forgot to go back and sign up. Just remembered after seeing your thread. Enjoy the show.

  • Author

Getting excited for the show. Can I bring chairs in to stake out my area then leave to go eat and return? Or is it once you enter you have to stay inside the area?

What am I missing about this event? If someone gave me tickets I would pass them on to someone that wanted to go because I just do not have any interest. Not a fan of classical music and I don't really need to fight large crowds to see a building lit up. But I must be missing something.

Getting excited for the show. Can I bring chairs in to stake out my area then leave to go eat and return? Or is it once you enter you have to stay inside the area?

 

  • Author

 

I will probably just show up and dark and pick out the best area.

I plan to attend one of these years. Looks really cool.

I went last year, and will be going Friday. Can bring in folding chairs and stake out a spot. Last year we did leave and come back. I think they gave us bracelets. Some classical music, some rock music, they mix it up. Light show is impressive and really adds to the performance.

What am I missing about this event? If someone gave me tickets I would pass them on to someone that wanted to go because I just do not have any interest. Not a fan of classical music and I don't really need to fight large crowds to see a building lit up. But I must be missing something.

 

It's really to draw attention to the CSO, and the beauty of the Music Hall, which really is an amazing building. By doing so they also increase their chances of collecting funding for future restoration projects by creating a buzz about the place.

 

The event is pretty interesting, and even if you're not a big fan of classical music, it is an interesting art form to project moving colorful pictures and designs on the entire facade of the building.

 

I completely get wanting to avoid the crowds and if that's a concern, although this video is nothing like being there, it helps to give you a good idea of the event.

 

This is the entire show from its first year in 2013...

 

Video: LumenoCity | Watch CET Arts Online | CET Video

  • Author
What am I missing about this event? If someone gave me tickets I would pass them on to someone that wanted to go because I just do not have any interest. Not a fan of classical music and I don't really need to fight large crowds to see a building lit up. But I must be missing something.

As for crowds, they sold tickets this year and I think they only sold half of what they gave away in past years.

What am I missing about this event? If someone gave me tickets I would pass them on to someone that wanted to go because I just do not have any interest. Not a fan of classical music and I don't really need to fight large crowds to see a building lit up. But I must be missing something.

I'm the same way....I just don't get the excitement. All it is is an outdoor slide show/video that is on the side of a building. What am I missing?

I'm the same way....I just don't get the excitement. All it is is an outdoor slide show/video that is on the side of a building. What am I missing?

 

You guys aren't really missing anything. Just a nice/different thing that is going on in our city.

 

Heard Rhinegeist had a special brew just for the event.

I am going tonight. If is a fun date night. We will probably get down there around 4, eat and drink and enjoy downtown until the show.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.