Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Carson Williams-Owen County (2016) Season Highlights

Featured Replies

How about asking a coach which he would rather see. That's a very important part of the game. How many players at the college level can't dunk on weak opponents. I'm just saying there is a lot more to his game besides that. you're becoming like Coach Q and Travelers Coach disagreeing with everything LOL

  • Replies 52
  • Views 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kid is a straight man child. Perimeter play is all that I can see that he is lacking.

The kid is a straight man child. Perimeter play is all that I can see that he is lacking.

 

He is a man child, always has been. Seeing this kid play years ago I thought he wouldn't grow out of middle school, kids would catch up to him. However, I was flat out wrong...kid was blessed with some good genes!

Yeah and normally highlights are dunks, pretty passes, made jumpers, blocked shots, crossovers and steals that lead to dunks or layups. I've never seen a highlight video showcase how well someone runs the floor or how good of a teammate they are. That would be one boring highlight video.

 

I would love to see some if his EYBL highlights also.

But at the 3:36 mark didn't you see him pat a guy on the back after he dunked on him?

 

Sometimes the things I read in this forum crack me up for the rest of the day.:lol2:

Thought the video was nice. Showed him running the floor a bit. At first didn't see much ball handling or off hand use but it picked up. Not much perimeter game highlighted. Video is too long.

He should have a great season. I don't think I've ever seen him live, just heard a lot of hype about him. Looking at his schedule for this year looks like I would have to make the hike to Owen to watch him play.

 

Dec 1, 15 Western Hills away 7:30 PM

Dec 3, 15 Lloyd Memorial home 7:30 PM

Dec 5, 15 South Laurel at North Laurel Legacy Nissan Classic

Dec 8, 15 Trimble County away 7:30 PM

Dec 10, 15 Carroll County away 7:30 PM

Dec 12, 15 Henry Clay at Robertson County 7:30 PM Robertson County Adidas Classic

Dec 15, 15 Gallatin County away 7:30 PM

Dec 17, 15 Henry County home 6:00 PM

Dec 29, 15 Eminence home 7:30 PM

Jan 5, 16 Walton-Verona home 7:30 PM

Jan 8, 16 Henry County away 7:30 PM

Jan 19, 16 Carroll County home 6:00 PM

Jan 22, 16 Gallatin County home 8:00 PM

Jan 23, 16 Woodford County home 7:30 PM

Jan 25, 16 Grant County away 7:30 PM

Jan 26, 16 Eminence away 7:30 PM

Feb 2, 16 Simon Kenton home 7:30 PM

Feb 4, 16 Collins away 7:30 PM

Feb 6, 16 North Laurel at Lafayette 7:30 PM Jock Sutherland

Feb 9, 16 North Oldham home 7:30 PM

Feb 11, 16 Anderson County away 7:30 PM

Feb 13, 16 South Oldham home 7:30 PM

Feb 16, 16 Williamstown away 7:30 PM

Feb 18, 16 Oldham County home 7:30 PM

Thought the video was nice. Showed him running the floor a bit. At first didn't see much ball handling or off hand use but it picked up. Not much perimeter game highlighted. Video is too long.

He should have a great season. I don't think I've ever seen him live, just heard a lot of hype about him. Looking at his schedule for this year looks like I would have to make the hike to Owen to watch him play.

 

Dec 1, 15 Western Hills away 7:30 PM

Dec 3, 15 Lloyd Memorial home 7:30 PM

Dec 5, 15 South Laurel at North Laurel Legacy Nissan Classic

Dec 8, 15 Trimble County away 7:30 PM

Dec 10, 15 Carroll County away 7:30 PM

Dec 12, 15 Henry Clay at Robertson County 7:30 PM Robertson County Adidas Classic

Dec 15, 15 Gallatin County away 7:30 PM

Dec 17, 15 Henry County home 6:00 PM

Dec 29, 15 Eminence home 7:30 PM

Jan 5, 16 Walton-Verona home 7:30 PM

Jan 8, 16 Henry County away 7:30 PM

Jan 19, 16 Carroll County home 6:00 PM

Jan 22, 16 Gallatin County home 8:00 PM

Jan 23, 16 Woodford County home 7:30 PM

Jan 25, 16 Grant County away 7:30 PM

Jan 26, 16 Eminence away 7:30 PM

Feb 2, 16 Simon Kenton home 7:30 PM

Feb 4, 16 Collins away 7:30 PM

Feb 6, 16 North Laurel at Lafayette 7:30 PM Jock Sutherland

Feb 9, 16 North Oldham home 7:30 PM

Feb 11, 16 Anderson County away 7:30 PM

Feb 13, 16 South Oldham home 7:30 PM

Feb 16, 16 Williamstown away 7:30 PM

Feb 18, 16 Oldham County home 7:30 PM

 

Dec. 12th is in your in your weekend homes backyard

I didn't want to believe the hype. Small school kid with a lacrosse sounding name. Carson??? He's straight up beast. Enough said

Wow! Cupcake schedule! Coach do this on purpose?

 

They play 8 games for District

seeding. They also play all the top teams in the 8th and a few of other conference games.

That's 18 games right there. They are heavy favorites in the All A for 3 more games. Not much room left after that.

They play 8 games for District seeding. They also play all the top teams in the 8th and a few of other conference games. That's 18 games right there. They are heavy favorites in the All A for 3 more games. Not much room left after that.

 

I forgot they play in a joke of a district and conference. But who are the top teams in the 8th that they play?

I forgot they play in a joke of a district and conference. But who are the top teams in the 8th that they play?

 

Someone already posted the schedule. Take a look for yourself.

Wow! Cupcake schedule! Coach do this on purpose?

 

No one said Carson plays for a power program. He's only 1 player, albeit a great one, and this is a small, rural school. I don't blame the coach for scheduling who he is.

 

You can look at it as that Carson has inflated numbers because he's playing for a small school against sub-par competition. The flip side is that if he he played for a bigger school, he'd probably get similar numbers against better competition because they couldn't double and triple team him!

I forgot they play in a joke of a district and conference. But who are the top teams in the 8th that they play?

 

Pretty harsh words for kids and coaches who work just as hard as the team you follow (whoever that may be). I'm sure they all appreciate being called "jokes".

  • Author
Looks to be very talented. Highlights against Eminence and Walton doesn't necessarily help though. Wonder what recruiting would be like for him if he attended HS in Louisville or Lexington?

 

The nice thing about playing in the EYBL is that it gives small town players opportunity to play against high quality competition in front of big time coaches either live or online. He has also attended the Fab Frosh and Super Soph camps and attended a few elite camps. Don't really need to live in one of the big Ls to get recruited.

How about asking a coach which he would rather see. That's a very important part of the game. How many players at the college level can't dunk on weak opponents. I'm just saying there is a lot more to his game besides that. you're becoming like Coach Q and Travelers Coach disagreeing with everything LOL

 

I naturally disagree with all things in life. It's in my DNA. I can't help it. I'm on my own plane and wavelength and that's just the way it is. It is what it is.

 

Plus, no one in this state outside of Carson's family and his supporters in Owen County love Carson more than I do. I'm going super hard for Carson and he should win Mr. Basketball. Catch-22 for Mr. Carson Williams. He stays loyal to Owen County, never leaves to go to Louisville, Lexington or NKY to prove how good he is against "better competition" and is penalized. Had he gone to a school in Louisville, Lexington or NKY then people would be criticizing him for leaving Owen County and not staying loyal to "where he came from". I've seen Carson play a few times against many different people at the AAU level and in high school. He's really really good and can hold his own against anyone in the state. Folks can knock him for playing for Owen County all they want but if they haven't taken the time to go watch him play in person then I ain't hearing them. For the effect he has had on Owen County his whole career and for how good they will be next year because of him....he should be Mr. Basketball am of his offers prove that he isn't just bullying a bunch of unmatched schools.

 

 

 

For me for a highlight video for what it is at its most basic sentiment. A video of a player at his best moments. The videos that coaches watch and build information on players aren't on YouTube. Coaches get entire game films. They don't watch highlight videos that were posted in this thread. Well....at least the good college coaches at respectable programs request and watch game film and not YouTube videos.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.