Carson Williams-Owen County (2016) Season Highlights

But at the 3:36 mark didn't you see him pat a guy on the back after he dunked on him?

Sometimes the things I read in this forum crack me up for the rest of the day.:lol2:

Oh yeah, at 2:26 I want expecting him to dunk it like he did. Messed me up. Then he went on a dunk-a-thon for about 2 minutes after that. Awesome video.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought the video was nice. Showed him running the floor a bit. At first didn't see much ball handling or off hand use but it picked up. Not much perimeter game highlighted. Video is too long.

He should have a great season. I don't think I've ever seen him live, just heard a lot of hype about him. Looking at his schedule for this year looks like I would have to make the hike to Owen to watch him play.

Dec 1, 15 Western Hills away 7:30 PM

Dec 3, 15 Lloyd Memorial home 7:30 PM

Dec 5, 15 South Laurel at North Laurel Legacy Nissan Classic

Dec 8, 15 Trimble County away 7:30 PM

Dec 10, 15 Carroll County away 7:30 PM

Dec 12, 15 Henry Clay at Robertson County 7:30 PM Robertson County Adidas Classic

Dec 15, 15 Gallatin County away 7:30 PM

Dec 17, 15 Henry County home 6:00 PM

Dec 29, 15 Eminence home 7:30 PM

Jan 5, 16 Walton-Verona home 7:30 PM

Jan 8, 16 Henry County away 7:30 PM

Jan 19, 16 Carroll County home 6:00 PM

Jan 22, 16 Gallatin County home 8:00 PM

Jan 23, 16 Woodford County home 7:30 PM

Jan 25, 16 Grant County away 7:30 PM

Jan 26, 16 Eminence away 7:30 PM

Feb 2, 16 Simon Kenton home 7:30 PM

Feb 4, 16 Collins away 7:30 PM

Feb 6, 16 North Laurel at Lafayette 7:30 PM Jock Sutherland

Feb 9, 16 North Oldham home 7:30 PM

Feb 11, 16 Anderson County away 7:30 PM

Feb 13, 16 South Oldham home 7:30 PM

Feb 16, 16 Williamstown away 7:30 PM

Feb 18, 16 Oldham County home 7:30 PM

He's better in person. Go watch him play. Trust me.

I forgot they play in a joke of a district and conference. But who are the top teams in the 8th that they play?

I don't care what team Owen County plays from NKY, Carson would be the best player on the court even if his team lost.

And Owen County is better than you think. Let's not act like the 9th Region is a powerhouse region. Don't let CovCath and Holmes recent success fool you into thinking the 9th is one of the best regions in the state.

I don't care what team Owen County plays from NKY' date=' Carson would be the best player on the court even if his team lost. And Owen County is better than you think. Let's not act like the 9th Region is a powerhouse region. Don't let CovCath and Holmes recent success fool you into thinking the 9th is one of the best regions in the state.[/quote']

I'd say the 9th is a lot better than the 8th. Three of the four districts are always tough. Maybe two can say that in the 8th. My comment was not a knock on Carson. I've seen him and he is a very good player. I watched him in the 8th Region all-a and the regular season. I did notice he was able to get away with a lot of stuff he wouldn't in other regions. I hate to say he was protected but that's how it looked. He couldn't do that in the 8th Region Tournament with outside officials.

I'd say the 9th is a lot better than the 8th. Three of the four districts are always tough. Maybe two can say that in the 8th. My comment was not a knock on Carson. I've seen him and he is a very good player. I watched him in the 8th Region all-a and the regular season. I did notice he was able to get away with a lot of stuff he wouldn't in other regions. I hate to say he was protected but that's how it looked. He couldn't do that in the 8th Region Tournament with outside officials.

I always get defensive when people criticize districts and regions. It may not be a knock on Carson but it comes off as one. He can't help where his school is located.

Carson has played in California, Florida, Georgia, OH, Indiana, Illinois. Minnesota, Virginia, Tennessee, Texas, Pennsylvania and several regions in Kentucky and he's pretty much "gotten away" with the same things there as he is in the 8th Region of Ky.

First...the tired old argument about strength of competition. Boring. As I said in another thread that seemed to want to downplay his game/talent, he would excel anywhere in "power" regions like the 6th, 7th, and 11th as well as he does now. His numbers may differ, but it wouldn't be because of competition change, it would be more to do with the personnel he would possibly be playing with. He does it all for Owen. Don't get me wrong, they have good personnel at Owen playing with him, but their games compliment him as they have played together forever.

Secondly, what exactly does Carson "get away with"? Its always something I hear from rival teams they play, but nothing is ever specifically mentioned. What exactly does he do?

While he may not have the "high major" D-1 offers as some others have, Carson Williams is as good as ANY high school basketball player in the state of Kentucky. Period.

Edited by nkywildcat68
context

First...the tired old argument about strength of competition. Boring. As I said in another thread that seemed to want to downplay his game/talent' date=' he would excel anywhere in "power" regions like the 6th, 7th, and 11th as well as he does now. His numbers may differ, but it wouldn't be because of competition change, it would be more to do with the personnel he would possibly be playing with. He does it all for Owen. Don't get me wrong, they have good personnel at Owen playing with him, but their games compliment him as they have played together forever. Secondly, what exactly does Carson "get away with"? Its always something I hear from rival teams they play, but nothing is ever specifically mentioned. What exactly does he do? While he may not have the "high major" D-1 offers as some others have, Carson Williams is as good as ANY high school basketball player in the state of Kentucky. Period.[/quote']

My knock isn't on Williams it's on Owen County. I would make a tougher schedule.

My knock isn't on Williams it's on Owen County. I would make a tougher schedule.

Outside of playing the teams they are required to play because of location, I would say that Owen is playing a much tougher schedule than they ever have before. They can't get away from playing Eminence, Carroll, Henry etc twice a season. Their summer schedule is significantly tougher than it has ever been.

Their schedule is pretty good. Henry Clay, South Laurel, North Laurel, Woodford Co, Simon Kenton, Collins, Oldham Co, South Oldham, North Oldham, and Anderson Co are on the schedule. Western Hills is a program they have opened with the last decade, and Lloyd is an athletic program that Owen plays in pretty much every sport, as they are similar in school size.

If they are fortunate enough to play in the All-A state tournament, there should be some good opponents there, although that would probably cost them some of those 8th region teams mentioned above that are scheduled in February.

Their schedule is pretty good. Henry Clay, South Laurel, North Laurel, Woodford Co, Simon Kenton, Collins, Oldham Co, South Oldham, North Oldham, and Anderson Co are on the schedule. Western Hills is a program they have opened with the last decade, and Lloyd is an athletic program that Owen plays in pretty much every sport, as they are similar in school size.

If they are fortunate enough to play in the All-A state tournament, there should be some good opponents there, although that would probably cost them some of those 8th region teams mentioned above that are scheduled in February.

Lloyd has joined th NCKC so they are now required to play them every season as well.