Animal Cruelty

Today on my way to work, the car in front of me swerved all the way over into the opposite lane on a 2 lane highway to deliberately hit a dog. Who does that? What possible explanation, other than just a pure evil heart, would compel someone to do such a thing? I was distraught. I stopped, but there was nothing I could do for the poor dog. Thankfully, there was a police car that came by shortly after and called animal patrol. I gave the car's description to the police, but there's really nothing he would be able to do.

I read story after story after story of animal cruelty. I am increasingly disturbed at the deliberate, insidious evil humans have the capacity to display.

I know they're not children. But that shouldn't matter! It's one thing to accidentally hit a dog or cat and keep going. But to go to such lengths, and potentially endangering an oncoming vehicle takes it to a whole 'nother level. I get some people don't like animals.

I'm rambling...but I cannot express just how upset I have been (and still remain) today. I'm literally sick at my stomach from this incident.

This isn't a post to debate animal cruelty laws, the validity of emotions toward a pet, or any of the above. This is about the unconscionable evil that exists in humans.

I don't get it. At all. I swerve all the way over to avoid hitting a squirrel.

Be careful doing that, trying to miss a cat, I briefly lost control and I ALMOST hit a teenage girl who wasn't wear a seat belt. Had I not regained control of the car as quickly as I did, I would have killed her. Now I only let off the accelerator and press the brake lightly to avoid being rear ended and hope for the best.

Why would you do that? I know you can't always avoid them. But to TRY to do it? Why?
Got bit by one when I was a teenager trying to get it out from under my parents house. So, it's a personal vendetta I have I suppose you'd say.

Would never do that v. a dog. I can't make the same assurances against cats.

But I am thinking seriously about getting a cat. They're damned useful against meeces. And I need something to keep these damned groundhogs in check. I have zero affections to offer it. Not with my terrible cat allergies.

Oh goodness. What a horrible way to start my Friday. This makes me so dang angry. I can't fathom how someone could go out of their way to intentionally harm an animal, outside of food purposes. Makes me sick.

Agreed. Hate reading that.

Now that I'm a dog owner, cuts me even deeper. Wish I could play with my puppy right now lol.