Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The status of WILL backer Vontaze Burfict seems to be up in the air...

Featured Replies

  • Author

Considering how much time Tez has had to recover this is real bad news.

It will be nice one day when they can do something with a better prognosis than the microfracture surg. It's simply a way more tenuous outcome.

Can somebody remind me what's wrong with Eifert? I know he sustained a serious elbow injury early on last year, but I thought he'd be back from that already. Is it the elbow injury or something else?

If I had to bet, I'd guess that Vontaze plays in less than 10 games for the rest of his career. The story focuses on VB's microfracture surgery, but my biggest concern has always been the repeated concussions.

 

I hope I'm wrong, because I love watching him play. But I am basically counting him out moving forward.

I think we've already seen Tez's best days. It was fun to watch.

I think he will be fine.

I'll be shocked if he ever plays more than 8 games in a season for the Bengals again.

I think his concussion problems will go away if he gets back on the field, but getting on the field is a bigger if.

Considering how much time Tez has had to recover this is real bad news.

 

I don't think he has had that much time to recover for what the time table usually is for the type of surgery he had. The surgery he had on his knee is something that seems to take longer to come back from than an ACL surgery these days.

  • Author

Thanks for the additional fc.

 

Either way, I am a little pessimistic at this point, sure hope I am wrong.

The off season acquisition from Green Bay is a strong hint that Tez isn't ready and won't be ready soon.

The Bengals would be smart to move forward cautiously with Burfict. That MF surgery is something that is at less than 50% recovery.

Microfracture surgery is not as easy as say an ACL is this day and age. Comparison here, with Jadaveon Clowney last year microfracture in his knee will likely hamper him for the rest of his career. He will never be the same player he was projected to be. Fast foward a year, Dante Fowler Jr goes down with an ACL injury. Next year at this time he will be near full strength. I'm thinking Vontaze is done.

Microfracture surgery has crushed NBA careers and football has to be more strenuous on the knee. I'd love to see a list of successful NFL comebacks.

Microfracture surgery has crushed NBA careers and football has to be more strenuous on the knee. I'd love to see a list of successful NFL comebacks.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.