Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bishop Brossart 10 Campbell County 0

Featured Replies

There were coaches and forecasters in the softball world that said a Bishop Brossart win over Campbell County in the 37th District Championship would be an upset. History and the facts spoke a different analysis.

In the end The Bishop Brossart Lady 'Stangs defeated The Lady Camels of Campbell County today 10-0 in run rule fashion winning at Alexandria City Park. A nice crowd was on hand. Even Coach Baynum's new grand daughter Mila took in the action wearing her new Lady 'Stangs Blanket.

Bishop Brossart wins their 5th Straight 37th District Championship and 10th in 12 years. It was their second win this year over Campbell County and 19th straight over their crosstown rival . The last time the Lady Camels beat the Lady 'Stangs in post season fast pitch softball was on May 25, 2005 in a 12-11 8 inning barn burner when they played in the 36th District and current Bishop Brossart pitcher Karlie Shackelford (19-12) was 7 years old. Shackelford ran her career record over the Lady Camels today to 8-0 with the shutout.

Brossart prevented an early Camel attack when Miller was cut down at the plate on a nifty tag by Amanda Lloyd and a strong throw by rightfielder Maria Seiter. The game remained scoreless til the third inning when, with one out, Macy Griffin slapped a single and then Ashley Childress followed with a sharp single to left. Riley Orth then slapped a ball to short but was safe at first on a fielders choice when a hustling Griffin beat the throw to third on the play. Amanda Lloyd then drilled a clutch two rbi shot to not only put Brossart up 2-0 but also break the schools fast pitch record for rbis in a season with numbers 56 and 57. Amanda Graus then made her return from an injury running for Lloyd. A Boesch single plated Orth to make it 3-0. The Shackelford reached on a fielders choice, followed by a clutch single by Kaitlyn Seiter. A throwing error by Campbell Co. kept the inning alive allowing the final runs to score for a 7-0 Brossart lead.

In the fourth The Lady Camels mounted a comeback loading the bases with one out but a strikeout and a fly out to center squashed the rally.

In the bottom of the fourth, Brossart kept rolling. Childress and Orth singled and then raced home on a two rbi double by Lloyd (numbers 58 and 59) to make it 9-0. Moments later, with two outs Kaitlyn Seiter got her second clutch rbi single of the game to make it 10-0 scoring courtesy runner Amanda Graus.

In the top of the fifth, despite a walk and single, Brossart retired the Lady Camels for the run rule victory.

Amanda Lloyd was named tournament Most Valuable Player with seven rbis in two games and stellar play behind the plate. Ashley Childress and Riley Orth were selected All-Tournament. Childress batted .800 and scored 5 runs without an error at second. Orth played great defense in center and also batted .800. It was a great team effort scoring 28 runs in the tourney without allowing a run.

They now await the 10th Region Draw Saturday and will play a District Runnerup on Monday.

It was Bishop Brossart's 22nd win of the season while Campbell Co. falls to 17-14.

Brossart is still a young team with only two seniors.

If it was an upset it was a good one. :thumb:

  • Replies 84
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impressive win Brossart!!

Impressive win Brossart!!

 

You beat me to it, very nice 'Stangs.

Nice win by Brossart!! You definitely have our number, why I'm not sure?? I thought the District Players were not given out correctly. No way did the 2 players from our team deserve the award. Orrick was definitely overlooked AGAIN!!! Orth from Brossart was solid, Childress, I'm not sure where she played so OK??? Shackelford I thought was solid on the mound. Well we got a goose egg lol!!! I hope Orrick and Shackelford keep their heads up, because I can't stand Coaches that aren't too bright!! That's all I have to say, I'm going to bed! Good luck to both teams at Regionals

Without commenting on the rest of the post, Shackelford pitched a very nice game with a lot of pop ups and ground outs. Very solid job. Thank goodness it's time for travel ball, watching High School is tough.

I hate to say it, but I think most saw this coming, just not as bad. The Scott game, even though a win, paved the way for this beat down by Brossart. Congrats to Brossart for being the district champs...well deserved. Also congrats to Campbell on being district runner up(stay positive Lady Camels and good things will hopefully come your way).

You said neither player from CCHS deserved the award? How did McGrath not deserve the award? In the tournament she collected 5 hits and 4 RBI. Orick did play well in the tournament also. She also collected 5 hits in the 2 games and was deserving of all tournament. To say Orick deserved it and McGrath did not is wrong. How about supporting your team versus taking shots at individual players.

Nice win by the Lady Stangs. Total team effort. Bottom of lineup started the scoring by getting on base. Orth and Childress had two solid games and were catalyst for getting on base. Not arguing that Schackelford wasn't deserving. But just as hard to overlook the offensive numbers that the top 3 hitters put up. For you to say you didn't know where Childress plays, well I know to discount everything you say on here. She was arguably the most consistent offensive player the last two weeks for us, and moving her into the leadoff spot has worked out very well for us.

Orick is a very nice and solid player who also had two very nice games. I hope she has an amazing 10 region tournament. Coaches have a difficult decision at times to pick members for the tourney team...sometimes leaving off someone who was just as deserving.

You said neither player from CCHS deserved the award? How did McGrath not deserve the award? In the tournament she collected 5 hits and 4 RBI. Orick did play well in the tournament also. She also collected 5 hits in the 2 games and was deserving of all tournament. To say Orick deserved it and McGrath did not is wrong. How about supporting your team versus taking shots at individual players.

Welcome to BGP!

Nice win by Brossart!! You definitely have our number, why I'm not sure?? I thought the District Players were not given out correctly. No way did the 2 players from our team deserve the award. Orrick was definitely overlooked AGAIN!!! Orth from Brossart was solid, Childress, I'm not sure where she played so OK??? Shackelford I thought was solid on the mound. Well we got a goose egg lol!!! I hope Orrick and Shackelford keep their heads up, because I can't stand Coaches that aren't too bright!! That's all I have to say, I'm going to bed! Good luck to both teams at Regionals

 

Childress was the second baseman.

I wasn't at the game, so who got what awards?

Dwayne merkely from Calvary Christian, who has been a joy to watch in basketball and softball the past few years. Merrin Kelly pitcher from Scott. Mallory McGrath and becca Mitchell from Campbell county. And ashley Childress, riley orth and Amanda Lloyd from Brossart.

Thanks for giving props to my DD. Don't worry about her, her head is up and she isn't playing for the trophies on the wall, she is playing for her Team. Good luck to both teams in the Regionals :thumb:

Nice win by Brossart!! You definitely have our number, why I'm not sure?? I thought the District Players were not given out correctly. No way did the 2 players from our team deserve the award. Orrick was definitely overlooked AGAIN!!! Orth from Brossart was solid, Childress, I'm not sure where she played so OK??? Shackelford I thought was solid on the mound. Well we got a goose egg lol!!! I hope Orrick and Shackelford keep their heads up, because I can't stand Coaches that aren't too bright!! That's all I have to say, I'm going to bed! Good luck to both teams at Regionals

First off IF your a camel fan I have no idea why you would say what you did about the 2 young ladies that received the awards ( right or wrong ) but that's your opinion ! As far as Brossart selections all 3 were well deserved and yes Shackelford & probably one more could of been selected without question. I know for a fact that every player from Brossart would give back every individual award from the entire season for the big one next week. And apparently you haven't seen BBHS play much but Childress is the 2nd basemen that had 0 errors & batted .800 for the district !!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.