Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bishop Brossart 10 Campbell County 0

Featured Replies

My thoughts on the problems at CCHS are that they seem to stem from the administration. The restrictions they put on the programs seem to be designed to fester these problems. From "good ole Boy" network to not allowing middle schoolers to try out if there are enough upper class trying out. Saw both of these first hand.

Also I aggree that coaches should have whatever cert is required but to turn down help because they are not hired is nuts. Of the last few successful teams we played, all of them including ours had at least 4 or 5 coaches and I'm sure not all were "employees". This list includes NDA, NCC, Brossart, Conner.... I think all have 20+ wins. My guess is there are quite a few others that are not "coaches" that provide other support as in fundraising and non play related activities as well to allow the coaches to do their job.

  • Replies 84
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never posted who was hitting .800 in the district. I said the production from the top three hitters validated their selections, and i'll admit i dont have a memory to recall all the details of each atbat for them. The bunts towards the base lines...in my opinion probably were hits as I dont think they were going to get the outs. The "choices" that were made defensively by the camel infielders are NOT hits and neither are balls thru their legs...balls off the glove are boderline calls on degree of difficulty....I am not the official score keeper for the games so i dont know what is in the book. You posted things about the two Camels and Childress about their selections...I agreed with you that Shackelford could have been selected for the tourney team. I dont like your opinions/attacks on the two camel players selected...leave the kids alone. you could have posted "i dont agree with the camel selections" and have been fine. I would have valued your opinion. I didnt want to go to your posts from our Walton game last week, but seeing what you put there and then now on here...I just know that i will put far less value in your posts (and I think some Camel BGPer's will too). I'll leave you alone. I dont post on BGP, but I dont like attacks on kids on here and will defend them no matter what school they go to. Your comments turned it into what it is today.

 

I would be watching who your calling a Camel Idiot, because you are one of the first ones that posted about your players hitting .800 in the District. Like I said before, You can't hit .800 when it goes between girls legs and off&out of Gloves. I just wonder who the Idiot is??????????????????????

Good luck to both Campbell County and Brossart on Monday in the 10th Region tournament. I hope the two schools can get a large crowd to make the long drive to Montgomery County. I hope their game times are back-to-back so that I can watch CC play as well...and win!

Giving my Opinion on the selections of the All District is not attacking. All players have bad games and good games. Just didn't think the correct girls were chosen. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I'm not sure if the selections for your team was justified or not, just seen some stick out and some that didn't. I would never go on here and Attack and players. Maybe you are one of those parents that make excuses for your players when they play bad, I don't. You also said you don't post on BGP, I see you have 119 NON POSTS :lol:

I never posted who was hitting .800 in the district. I said the production from the top three hitters validated their selections, and i'll admit i dont have a memory to recall all the details of each atbat for them. The bunts towards the base lines...in my opinion probably were hits as I dont think they were going to get the outs. The "choices" that were made defensively by the camel infielders are NOT hits and neither are balls thru their legs...balls off the glove are boderline calls on degree of difficulty....I am not the official score keeper for the games so i dont know what is in the book. You posted things about the two Camels and Childress about their selections...I agreed with you that Shackelford could have been selected for the tourney team. I dont like your opinions/attacks on the two camel players selected...leave the kids alone. you could have posted "i dont agree with the camel selections" and have been fine. I would have valued your opinion. I didnt want to go to your posts from our Walton game last week, but seeing what you put there and then now on here...I just know that i will put far less value in your posts (and I think some Camel BGPer's will too). I'll leave you alone. I dont post on BGP, but I dont like attacks on kids on here and will defend them no matter what school they go to. Your comments turned it into what it is today.

Just to shed a little more light on this fascinating exchange: Junior BB asked me if there was a fight on BGP because it was trending throughout the Twittersphere last night.

 

The kids comments: sounded like the whole BGP thread was a "Teen Twitter War"....

I just want to make myself clear on this situation. I posted on this because I thought some girls were done wrong. So, BiggDaddy I am for the kids!! I look at how we have been playing and we have been playing well. We were in and could have beat Ryle, Highlands, NewCath, and had a decent showing against Conner. Our pitcher has done a nice job and had some really good games in that stretch. Then we Goose Egged against Brossart, which like MommaMitchell said we didn't have very many hits. And while I'm at it I would like to apologize to MommaMitchell, I never intended to make you think that your daughter was unworthy of the award. I look back and see that she probably had the better game than some. Congrats to her! I still think Orrick is by far the most solid player on the team. I know it is based on the 2 games of District but nobody was lighting it up. On the Brossart side, I really didn't know where Childress played but I do now thanks to a post. Orth is very solid and Shackelford held us to 0 runs in a District Championship Game. I didn't see us crushing the ball and girls diving and jumping fences. That's why I posted, because of the kids. I don't like to see kids done unjustly and it happens all the time. I am done with this subject, good luck to both teams and I hope we come out with a big chip on our shoulder!

fastpitch98: May 20, 15, 09:58 PM No way did the 2 players from our team deserve the award.

Originally Posted by fastpitch98 : Walsh 2nd Team???????????? Orick and Terhaar Honorable Mention??????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????? Come On Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday, 10:07 AM Our catcher had 1 good hit????

 

you didn't hurt my feelings, i apologize for calling you an idiot on here. I read your all-tourney selection comments as a slap in the face to the camel players and the Conference selections (which other teams coaches vote for). I agree 100% that Orick is probably the best player on that team. Maybe she also was deserving as well in the District tourney...she had solid games. As stated on here as well that coaches have probably 3 mins tops to make their picks. I also am critical of our team's performance but would never single out kids...you're right kids have bad games at times and i could argue that we haven't been playing our best the past two weeks. I respect opinions but just dont like when individual's awards are questioned in that way. I think everyone has had enough entertainment on this thread.

This thread has officially turned into a train wreck.

Holy :poop: BigGreenHorse sent me a text to tell me his thread was going viral, boy he's not kidding!

This is for Fastpitch98, Im not sure if something happened to you when you were a little boy or girl that makes you this angry about being picked for an award. Your comments have been no good on this thread. I want to also say to please keep my DD name out of your comments. I know you were sticking up for her, but believe me she doesn't need you to. Thanks, and I hope you win the award you never have.

In my opinion no one from campbell county deserved the award. There might have been one or two player who didnt have an error and went un noticed like Miller who slap/bunted pretty solidly and had no errors or Leicht who i don't believe had any errors

For your information I was a very good athlete in my day as is my girl. I will keep your girls name out of my posts is that's what you wish. I was just sticking up for her because I thought she was robbed along with another girl on our team. Good luck at Regionals

This is for Fastpitch98, Im not sure if something happened to you when you were a little boy or girl that makes you this angry about being picked for an award. Your comments have been no good on this thread. I want to also say to please keep my DD name out of your comments. I know you were sticking up for her, but believe me she doesn't need you to. Thanks, and I hope you win the award you never have.

I'm moving on after this post, but there were Camels deserving of being selected, but i know your comment above is a bit of a general statement maybe that you feel they (the Camels team) didn't play a good game. I'm not taking that word for word.

I think Orick (she had a lot of hits in the Scott game) was deserving, and Miller had multi hits...we defended her pretty well in our game; Mitchell & Walsh had multi-hit games. Like Brossart, I think it could have gone to a couple other players too. I've said numerous times on BGP that the Camels have some very nice young talent. But they are young (and when i say young i mean 8th/9th grade young...not sophomore young) and they will make mistakes...maybe a lot of mistakes...but they'll get better...they'll be even better next year. I really mean Good Luck on Monday when I say it.

 

I said in my earlier post that I dont post on BGP....what i meant obviously is that I dont have hundreds or thousands of posts....100+ posts in three years is not much. So ok, you got me on a technicality.

I'll post my final thoughts...then allow a rebuttal....then let's please close this thread (is my opinion)..... This thread has been good as it is filled with people's opinions..which is what it is for. Not necessarily the comments directed at players, coaches, or BGPer's...again i do apologize. How things were brought up or stated...i guess we will all have difference of opinions on the best way to opine.

I have no ill-will towards any camel parent/fan (i have a lot of friends over there), and will always cheer for the Camels and want them to do well (in all sports) except for when they play against my daughter. I'll be on the "purple" side when my nieces start high school in a couple years (sorry BigGreenHorse and Coach Baynum).

Fastpitch98, I never once thought that you don't care about the camel girls. I (similar to you) dont sit in the stands or go home with "my daughter did this or that or is awesome" goggles on.... If something isnt going right or i see her doing something wrong, we try to talk about it at home (sometimes, alot of times, maybe not the correct way at home). That's all i have to say other than good luck to the Lady Camels and Lady Stangs and hope we meet in the Finals..

I don't think people outside of Campbell County fully appreciate the rivalry between CC and BB.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.