Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bishop Brossart 10 Campbell County 0

Featured Replies

Walsh 2nd Team???????????? Orick and Terhaar Honorable Mention???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Come On Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

I think team performance has to come into play at some point. CC lost the District 10-0, and CC went 0-7 against the final top 10 coaches poll. So maybe the coaches got it right.

  • Replies 84
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Lady Stangs and good luck to everyone moving on. Win or go home time now.

 

BTW: Calvary player is Dane Merkley, headed to Asbury I believe to conintue her playing career. Marin (sp?) Kelly from Scott I believe is an 8th grader at Summit View.

To answer your first statement about why I would say the 2 players didn't deserve All District. Well you get beat 10-0 and don't get me wrong, our field did not help her out on the mound at all. But about 3 errors came from the mound, with her falling down multiple times. Our catcher had 1 good hit???? And the second part of your Quotes was you were giving your awards, basically for batting .800 for the District. IMO you are one of the Problems with Stats. If you call a ball between the legs, or hit off a glove, etc. a hit, then you are one of the problems with Brossart's false Stats. Your team played Calvary and I'm sure there were a ton of errors, not Hits. There is a Difference.... And our team probably made about 7 to 10 errors, those aren't Hits either, I hope you are following me. As for our votes for All District, IMO was a popularity Vote. Not sure what yours was and really don't care, just hate seeing good players get the shaft when they are deserving. I rest my case.

First off IF your a camel fan I have no idea why you would say what you did about the 2 young ladies that received the awards ( right or wrong ) but that's your opinion ! As far as Brossart selections all 3 were well deserved and yes Shackelford & probably one more could of been selected without question. I know for a fact that every player from Brossart would give back every individual award from the entire season for the big one next week. And apparently you haven't seen BBHS play much but Childress is the 2nd basemen that had 0 errors & batted .800 for the district !!
Congrats Lady Stangs and good luck to everyone moving on. Win or go home time now.

 

BTW: Calvary player is Dane Merkley, headed to Asbury I believe to conintue her playing career. Marin (sp?) Kelly from Scott I believe is an 8th grader at Summit View.

 

Heard the same thing of these two young ladies. I mean no offense to Calvary as they are and will be always fielding yound ladies to compete in varsity sports, and there's so much more to high school than athletics and I truly believe Calvary does it right in all aspects of high school...from an outsider looking in; but would love to have been able to watch Danye play (either in summer ball or on a larger high school's team) in basketball and softball.

 

Merrin Kelly (i've heard as well she's an 8th grader) does not play like an 8th grader. Kudos to her and her future high school years. Campbell County's 8th graders are VERY nice players as well with some bright futures.

98, sounds like you're hanging that 10-0 loss squarely on McGrath, the pitcher. 3 errors from the mound? McGrath was on the ground twice. She dove for a ball on 3B side of the mound and threw to 1B from her bottom. The ball was on target, the first baseman could not catch it. That is not an error on the pitcher. Another ball was a bunt/slap up the first base line. Speedy runner. McGrath tried to barehand to flip to 1B to try to make it even close. Runner would have beaten that out even if she was able to get a handle on the ball. Pop-up around the plate. McGrath called the ball and the catcher collided into her. Yes, an error in my opinion, but who really caused that? You estimate 7-10 errors yourself. How does a pitcher have a chance if their defense gives up that many errors? On top of errors, how many poor decisions were made defensively? Technically, not errors but also contributes to not getting outs. You obviously had a problem with McGrath in the circle but give no credit to her at the plate. You are what is wrong with Camels softball. You, and anyone you unfortunately have an influence on (hopefully not any players) contribute to focusing on the individual versus the team. One major difference between Brossart softball and Camels softball is that Brossart plays as a team, players support each other, they listen to their coaches, they execute on their plays. With influences like you being part of Camels softball, individuals will continue to focus more on themselves than do what is best for the team. Hearing your attack on individual Camels players along with fellow Camels "fans" that say they can't wait for travel ball makes me understand why the Camels cannot get over the hump. This type of behavior is cancerous and contributes to the death of a team. Congratulations! I hope you are proud.

Heard the same thing of these two young ladies. I mean no offense to Calvary as they are and will be always fielding yound ladies to compete in varsity sports, and there's so much more to high school than athletics and I truly believe Calvary does it right in all aspects of high school...from an outsider looking in; but would love to have been able to watch Danye play (either in summer ball or on a larger high school's team) in basketball and softball.

 

Merrin Kelly (i've heard as well she's an 8th grader) does not play like an 8th grader. Kudos to her and her future high school years. Campbell County's 8th graders are VERY nice players as well with some bright futures.

 

I was fortunate enough to get to see Dayne play summer ball with my daughter for a couple years...and what a treat. An outstanding player and young lady from a GREAT family! What many probably don't understand with Dayne is that she is most likely playing out of position for Calvary...meaning she played wherever they needed her to play. Not always her natural position. She is a nice infielder, but when she moved to outfield a couple years ago for the summer team I was around, she was a difference maker out there. She got great jumps, has great instincts and got to a lot of balls I never dreamed she would. Total team player, hard worker and deserves everything that comes her way!!!

Well you get beat 10-0 and don't get me wrong, our field did not help her out on the mound at all. I quoted that in my last post if you didn't see it. I'm not bashing players, if that was my own out there I would say the same thing. I just don't sit in the bleachers with my arms crossed wearing Parent Blinders!! So you give me way too much credit when you say I am the death of a team, just another excuse IMO

I didn't see the game, but I saw the Scott game and that was enough to tell me there was gonna be problems. As a parent, I care less about awards, good plays, bad plays, or even mistakes... I only want to see my daughter give it all she has and finish with a smile on her face. I think the Lady Camels have more talent than the record shows. So, I ask....why the errors and so called let downs in tough games? First thing that comes to my mind is how do the players feel? You ever heard the saying that if momma ain't happy, no one's happy...the production goes down in the household. If you want production from young impressionable women, they've got to be happy. I would love to ask each individual player if their happy outside of softball and inside of softball. I think that would shed some light.

I almost forgot, most importantly what about the coaches. Are they happy and uplifting when things get tough? Do they give tough love when needed, do they bond with the players and even the parents? How encouraging are the coaches when the wheels start to fall off and the softball world is crashing down on their player? All these things plus a ton more can make or break a team and I'm seeing a team that needs some repairs. But, I will say that I think it's manageable repairs if the right attitude is present.

So is it time for a coaching change at CCHS?

 

We got a new freshman coach....Coach Carroll. I would give him 3 thumbs up, but I only have 2:)

We got a new freshman coach....Coach Carroll. I would give him 3 thumbs up, but I only have 2:)

 

I thought he already replaced the 1st base coach lol Sorry Open Door :banghead:

If you look at Campbell's body of work this season, it has been their best in many, many years. They played a larger schedule against more difficult teams than the past. They played competitively in games against the top teams in NKY. Lost to Conner 5-1 (closer game than score indicates). Lost by one run to Highlands, Ryle, St. Henry, and NCC. Lost to Brossart by 2 earlier in the season. You definitely want to win those games, but shows that Campbell was competitive against good teams. Campbell's offense and pitching was very solid this year. So, in my opinion, Campbell had a good year and should celebrate that fact versus folks coming on BGP and making it sound like a complete disaster. The Camels have actually improved each of the last 4 years (each year better than the previous). Is that not what a coaching staff is supposed to do?

We got a new freshman coach....Coach Carroll. I would give him 3 thumbs up, but I only have 2:)

 

He's a good one, but is doing it all by himself. Not sure why he doesn't have some help from someone ?

He's a good one, but is doing it all by himself. Not sure why he doesn't have some help from someone ?

 

Agreed. Last time I watched a freshman game, he had players as base coaches. Get that guy some help! Are parents allowed to step up in these types of situations and help coach the bases?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.