Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bishop Brossart 10 Campbell County 0

Featured Replies

I almost laughed myself off the crapper when I read these:

 

#1 Metal man: "First thing that comes to my mind is how do the players. eel? You ever heard the saying that if momma ain't happy, no one's happy...the production goes down in the household. If you want production from young impressionable women, they've got to be happy. I would love to ask each individual player if their happy outside of softball and inside of softball. I think that would shed some light."

 

#2 : Metal van: "I almost forgot, most importantly what about the coaches. Are they happy and uplifting when things get tough? Do they give tough love when needed, do they bond with the players and even the parents? How encouraging are the coaches when the wheels start to fall off and the softball world is crashing down on their player? All these things plus a ton more can make or break a team and I'm seeing a team that needs some repairs."

 

#3 : Metal man minivan: "I agree that a coaching staff should improve the team, but maybe the players have just gotten better. The talent is there without a doubt. The thing is that Campbell is a big school compared to at least half of those that we lost to. When 5 seniors this year don't show up and younger kids are discouraged from showing up to try out, somethings got to give. I'm glad that there's all this talk going on here, but talk is cheap. I want to see some action and I want that talent that oozes from the Lady Camels tapped into. The potential is there, but when a program isn't getting the kids to come out, then what..."

 

I've helped coach rec. ball and I'll help out the select team (not really coaching when I'm just doing whatever the coach wants) and yes I show my daughter what I write and I'm pretty sure the coaches of Campbell County know I'm on here.

Edited by Randy Parker

  • Replies 84
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Retired Coach: I re-read this thread and think you may be misdirecting your rage. If you go back and read the exchange Fastpitch98 had the comments about coaches that you have referred to. I met vansmetal this year and I don't take him for the kind of guy you are thinking he might be. I'm pretty sure Coach B's comments were directed back to fp98 as well. Just my opinion.

Retired Coach: I re-read this thread and think you may be misdirecting your rage. If you go back and read the exchange Fastpitch98 had the comments about coaches that you have referred to. I met vansmetal this year and I don't take him for the kind of guy you are thinking he might be. I'm pretty sure Coach B's comments were directed back to fp98 as well. Just my opinion.

You are correct they were to fastpitch 98 !!

Wow, I think everyone is doing a nice job of driving up the web traffic for BGP.

 

And Brossart really!!!! This has turned into a Camel vent thread!!:clap: You guys should start your own thread.:dancingpa

Not sure what you mean, softball44 ("And Brossart really!!!!). The game result was posted and then a camel idiot turned it into a Camel vent thread by questioning the selection (saying that nicely) of a couple young ladies selected to the All-Tourney Team.

Edited by BiggDaddy

For everyone's sake, I sure as heck hope not.

I post a lot of questions about the mental side as in a player or coach being happy,I'm sure another Campbell parent can attest to, b/c Coach Kitchen sent out a email to look up the talentcode (deep practicing). Well, me and my daughter bought into it. So, I bought a book written by John Michael Kelly called How she thinks is how she plays....which I recommend to any athete, parent or coach. I don't see a problem at all with wanting to hold a coach to the highest standard. When I went to a coaches clinic at next level, Dave Collins former MLB player, said next to the greatest thing of being called dad was being called coach. It had what he called the 4 SW's....some will, some won't, so what, stick with it. Mentality is a huge part of the picture. When a coach and players cross the white line, all bs of life has to be forgotten, and let the magic take place. It has to be fun, or who would play sports or even coach.

Edited by Randy Parker
Rule 5

Who are you and where have you coached? You might be surprised or not on who we might both know. Also, I post a lot of questions about the mental side as in a player or coach being happy,I'm sure another Campbell parent can attest to, b/c Coach Kitchen sent out a email to look up the talentcode (deep practicing). Well, me and my daughter bought into it. So, I bought a book written by John Michael Kelly called How she thinks is how she plays....which I recommend to any athete, parent or coach. I don't see a problem at all with wanting to hold a coach to the highest standard. When I went to a coaches clinic at next level, Dave Collins former MLB player, said next to the greatest thing of being called dad was being called coach. It had what he called the 4 SW's....some will, some won't, so what, stick with it. Mentality is a huge part of the picture. When a coach and players cross the white line, all bs of life has to be forgotten, and let the magic take place. It has to be fun, or who would play sports or even coach.

 

I say this all the time......"we are here to have fun". However it is understood we also have a job to do on the field and at the plate.

 

I also feel you have to know your personnel, when to crack down on them, who you can be tough on/who you can't. The one thing I ALWAYS do is instill positive reinforcement. You never want a player to lose their faith in you as a coach.

BTW, over 1400 views for this game......WOW!!! :lol2:

BTW missed practice before tourney. School before sports really?? Inside joke before everybody goes goofy.

No, i think Lindsey Sendlebach's group won the region that year

 

Was that in Slow Pitch???

I'm not sure why the hostility towards vansmetal; I was the one who made the comment about coaching changes at CCHS.

I'm not sure why the hostility towards vansmetal; I was the one who made the comment about coaching changes at CCHS.

The so called retiredcoach has gone after me 2 other times. Once when I talked about Campbell playing St.Henry and mentioned about how the girls were dancing and having fun almost like they won the game before it started. The other was when I asked about Holmes jv team. You can look up his responses towards me. He acts like he knows me and my intentions. I don't really know the head coaches at Campbell County, but I like how the email they sent. I would assume there golden unless they decide to move on. Our freshman coach already has plans for next year that he's talked about and I would say he's good. The assistant coach seems fine as well. They know, at least the head coaches and freshman coach, that me and my daughter breathe softball. They could sit her on the bench and I wouldn't complain, nor would she....by the way which has happened. I love to see the smile on her face after practice and hear about how well her team and coach are doing. She really enjoys playing with her team and for her coach. I just guess some people just want to hate, without knowing the full story or even coming to a game. As far as him talking about the younger ones, I personally talked to some parents trying like crazy to get them to come try out, yet I'm working against the coaches according to him. Regardless of who the coach is next year, I'll still try to talk to any kid and parent to have their kid try out. I want Campbell County softball to soar!

I would be watching who your calling a Camel Idiot, because you are one of the first ones that posted about your players hitting .800 in the District. Like I said before, You can't hit .800 when it goes between girls legs and off&out of Gloves. I just wonder who the Idiot is??????????????????????

Not sure what you mean, softball44 ("And Brossart really!!!!). The game result was posted and then a camel idiot turned it into a Camel vent thread by questioning the selection (saying that nicely) of a couple young ladies selected to the All-Tourney Team.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.