Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Using the N-Word A Fireable Offense For Police Officers/Chiefs?

Featured Replies

What if a white guy calls a white guy a N word. Should he be fired.

 

Nope.

  • Replies 111
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are? Because comedians and singers use it, "white people are going to slip up and use it?"

 

:popcorn:

How many on here have EVER used the N-word ?

 

And in what context was it used?

 

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Easy for you and I to say "it's only a word" when it has no history behind it to us and it's coming from someone other than law enforcement. That's not the debate here.

 

Agree completely, and I forgot to include that in my response.

They are? Because comedians and singers use it, "white people are going to slip up and use it?"

 

OK, "Slip" was a bad turn of phrase on my part.

 

My only point on this is and will continue to be, that word is going to be said (by blacks and whites) as long as it is continually heard in pop culture. Doesn't make it OK, but that's the way it is.

How many on here have EVER used the N-word ?

 

Hand raised..........in repeating a joke.

 

BTW, told to me by a black guy, and it wasn't Clyde. :lol2:

If your argument is "black people use it so everyone should be able to use it," you are as simple minded as they come, IMO. Such a juvenile way of thinking.

If your argument is "black people use it so everyone should be able to use it," you are as simple minded as they come, IMO. Such a juvenile way of thinking.

 

(not sure if you were directing this at me or not) But, No that is not my argument at all...in fact I'm not arguing about it at all

(not sure if you were directing this at me or not) But, No that is not my argument at all...in fact I'm not arguing about it at all

 

Wasn't directed at you at all, just seems like that may be the narrative for some in here.

Of course your first statement is true but it really doesn't have any play here.

 

My argument is that the police have a unique relationship with their "customers." They can't be like a restaurant that says we cater to the rich or a musician who says "we cater to the black market."

 

So I am still wondering how you tell the entire black community that your guy who said he hates n---- is now rehabilitated after his "training." You're never getting the buy-in from 100%. That's not the goal. However, your suggestion and others' suggestion of "training" doesn't seem to be sufficient.

 

How can you as the leader of the town or community say to the black community "you'll get a fair shake despite what my guy's beliefs are?"

 

Or are you saying that it's not important to have the black community as a whole have the belief that they police force is there to protect them like the rest of the community?

 

I started the thread specifically about police because of their IMO unique relationship. We can talk about EMS and Fire later.

 

That's your opinion Clyde. Not trying to change it.

 

This is done everyday in every profession. Diversity training is conducted prior to hiring and during the length of employment. Don't act like it's a novel idea.

 

It's important to have ALL the communities support, not just one race.

 

I submit that if you don't include all emergency response professions in your "unique relationship" talk, you don't understand how Fire and EMS impact a community. I submit EMS and Fire save more lives than police.

How can anyone ignore a racist cop? How am I supposed to expect fair and equal treatment from a racist cop? How am I supposed to trust the police department that allows the racist cop to protect and serve?

 

Who said ignore a racist cop? Not me. I said using a word is not worthy of firing. MHO. Never asked you to agree.

 

For the record, it's not only white cops that can be racist.

  • Author
That's your opinion Clyde. Not trying to change it.

 

This is done everyday in every profession. Diversity training is conducted prior to hiring and during the length of employment. Don't act like it's a novel idea.

 

It's important to have ALL the communities support, not just one race.

 

I submit that if you don't include all emergency response professions in your "unique relationship" talk, you don't understand how Fire and EMS impact a community. I submit EMS and Fire save more lives than police.

 

Like in Cool Hand Luke what we have here is a failure to communicate and I'll take the blame for that.

 

I've been trying to make the distinction between police and every other profession. IMO (and apparently not yours) THAT profession HAS to have the trust of every part of the community. Again, IMO (and I struggle to see how this is even debated) you CANNOT have known racists on the police force and then expect the faction of the public being joked about to trust the one group they should be able to trust - the po po.

 

I FULLY understand the EMS and Fire community. I've, again, tried to put that conversation off because at the top of the list of "needing to be trusted" is the police. Have I missed stories about racist paramedics?

Who said ignore a racist cop? Not me. I said using a word is not worthy of firing. MHO. Never asked you to agree.

 

For the record, it's not only white cops that can be racist.

 

Okay. And when blacks protest against racist police departments don't get mad.

Like in Cool Hand Luke what we have here is a failure to communicate and I'll take the blame for that.

 

I've been trying to make the distinction between police and every other profession. IMO (and apparently not yours) THAT profession HAS to have the trust of every part of the community. Again, IMO (and I struggle to see how this is even debated) you CANNOT have known racists on the police force and then expect the faction of the public being joked about to trust the one group they should be able to trust - the po po.

 

I FULLY understand the EMS and Fire community. I've, again, tried to put that conversation off because at the top of the list of "needing to be trusted" is the police. Have I missed stories about racist paramedics?

 

No, Clizzy. That's deflection. I'm following you along clearly. Obviously nobody cares if blacks can't trust the police departments that support their racist police officer's actions that you provided in posts 1,4 and 6.

Who said ignore a racist cop? Not me. I said using a word is not worthy of firing. MHO. Never asked you to agree.

 

For the record, it's not only white cops that can be racist.

 

And for the record, I've already stated in this thread that black cops are racist too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.