Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bracken County's girls coach Patrick Kelsch

Featured Replies

We should probably wait on bashing the BC administration. Sounds like not many people know the reasons behind it.

  • Replies 71
  • Views 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does BC stack up next year and the following 3 years in the 10th region?

 

I'm talking region not all "A" predictions.

 

 

Next yr they should be a solid #2 in the district. They lost three senior I do believe with the Collins kid the biggest contributor of the three so they return Cummins who is their bread and butter. Another smooth guard in the Ruf kid I believe she will be a sophomore. Good size with Florer and Kalb down low those two will be juniors. Another junior that will contribute is the Jefferson kid. Can't forget about freshman Kennedy Carl. She played big minutes as an 8th grader last yr until she broke her leg. The 8th grade had a very nice season this past yr. Dotson is a quick guard that can handle the ball and Wills is a young tall post player. Nat Bell is another good shooter. I'm sure I'm leaving some one off. So the cupboard is definitely not bare for seasons to come.

 

I'm gonna say they make a run at their district as a solid 2 to start the yr and no lower than 5 in the preseason region rankings. I feel the region winner will again come from the 39th weather it Mason or Bracken only time will tell. Bracken has all the tools to make a run. Now weather they do or not is tbd.

 

After next yr they may drop off but just a little bit. Ruf and Carl will take this team and run with it after Cummins graduates.

 

Should be right there in the all a talk for the next 3-4 yrs. a repeat of last season next season is not out of the question.

Thanks Rick.

 

This sounds like a quailty job based on current talent and future talent.

 

I'm more curious now why he is nolonger there. Doesn't sound like a team I would want to walk away from.

Edited by TexasRanger
spelling

Who would be the front runners for this job?

 

polarbear98 or mcpapa should at least be in the conversation

polarbear98 or mcpapa should at least be in the conversation

 

Thanks but no thanks I'll stick to my current duties as a contributor to the athletic department:thumb:

Thanks but no thanks I'll stick to my current duties as a contributor to the athletic department:thumb:

 

And I will stick to my duties as an American Picker lite.

Who would be the front runners for this job?

I would Love to know too?

Remember: It's just high school sports. Kids are there for an education first and foremost. This is not the pros or college. Everyone loves to talk in language like it's some big franchise/business, i.e. "Polar Bear Nation," "Loyal Kelsch People," etc. Take a deep breath and get back to reality here. At the end of the day, it's about making good grades, graduating and moving on to college to earn a degree.

Remember: It's just high school sports. Kids are there for an education first and foremost. This is not the pros or college. Everyone loves to talk in language like it's some big franchise/business, i.e. "Polar Bear Nation," "Loyal Kelsch People," etc. Take a deep breath and get back to reality here. At the end of the day, it's about making good grades, graduating and moving on to college to earn a degree.

 

 

While I agree with you. I think you need to rethink your assessment here. These kids love their Polar Bear Nation as I'm sure the kids in Campbell love their Camel nation, and the Mason Co kids love the Fieldhouse Crazies. Students first yes but the gap is very narrow with athletes as to which is most important.

 

And society has created this. Fans don't fill gyms across the state to watch these kids take a test or take their ACT. They come to watch these kids play a sport and are hanging on every play. And if you don't think that plays on these kids mentally you are not in touch with reality. And that blurs the lines on student athletes to some people.

 

And every coach has people that are loyal to them regardless of where they coach. It's just fact.

While I agree with you. I think you need to rethink your assessment here. These kids love their Polar Bear Nation as I'm sure the kids in Campbell love their Camel nation, and the Mason Co kids love the Fieldhouse Crazies. Students first yes but the gap is very narrow with athletes as to which is most important.

 

And society has created this. Fans don't fill gyms across the state to watch these kids take a test or take their ACT. They come to watch these kids play a sport and are hanging on every play. And if you don't think that plays on these kids mentally you are not in touch with reality. And that blurs the lines on student athletes to some people.

 

And every coach has people that are loyal to them regardless of where they coach. It's just fact.

 

I guess. Just seems like a lot of made up drama over nothing really. Bracken County, Augusta, St. Patrick, Silver Grove, Calvary Christian, Nicholas County ... all just really the bottom feeders traditionally, so I guess they have to drum up something to keep the excitement there.

P.S. Camel Nation? ugh.

I guess. Just seems like a lot of made up drama over nothing really. Bracken County, Augusta, St. Patrick, Silver Grove, Calvary Christian, Nicholas County ... all just really the bottom feeders traditionally, so I guess they have to drum up something to keep the excitement there.

P.S. Camel Nation? ugh.

 

You are definitely on a roll this Mother's Day. The term bottom feeders is a bit harsh. As you refer to the All A schools as bottom feeders. You are making the argument very easy for those in favor of a class system in basketball. It's those people like yourself that follow a 6a school and look down at everyone else on your perch with your "we are better than you" comments. Give it a rest my friend before you make a real "donkey" of yourself.

 

I don't think anyone is creating drama. For these small schools it's a big deal when a successful coach leaves or is asked to leave or whatever the case may be. And the people of these small rural communities have a right to ask questions as does their competitors.

 

If you don't like the discussion or the comments made here please feel free to find a thread elsewhere. What is a 6a follower even concerned about this issue anyway?

Heavy sigh. Thanks for your great knowledge.

I guess. Just seems like a lot of made up drama over nothing really. Bracken County, Augusta, St. Patrick, Silver Grove, Calvary Christian, Nicholas County ... all just really the bottom feeders traditionally, so I guess they have to drum up something to keep the excitement there.

P.S. Camel Nation? ugh.

 

I'd like to know what a 9th region transplant defines as "bottom feeder".

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.