Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Answer me this Einstein.........

Featured Replies

Why do joggers feel compelled to run in the streets? :no: Are the sidewalks not good enough for them?

 

At times I feel like throwing my coffee/drink on them, they think they own the rode......kind of like those on bikes. :whistling:

  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure how to answer this, because I'm not sure if this is a joke or not. Please clarify.

You should probably just run over both types with the Fed Ex truck. Those trying to get some exercise need to be thinned from the herd... :idunno: :taz:

  • Author
I'm not sure how to answer this, because I'm not sure if this is a joke or not. Please clarify.

 

Being serious!

Why do joggers feel compelled to run in the streets? :no: Are the sidewalks not good enough for them?

 

At times I feel like throwing my coffee/drink on them, they think they own the rode......kind of like those on bikes. :whistling:

They don't bother me at all but it's a good question. I've always assumed it's because the roads tend to be a smoother run without the curbs and uneven surfaces that sidewalks often provide.

What comes to mind is they don't want to halve to duck and weave other pedestrians on the sidewalks or folks coming out of store fronts if in town. So instead they make us in our cars duck and weave them.

 

One of my biggest pet peaves are the joggers who jog into oncoming traffic "without bright colored clothes or reflectors." I can tolerate them if they are well seen!

I'm not a runner, but I've been told it is because the aspalt is much softer on your knees than the concrete sidewalks.

Why do joggers feel compelled to run in the streets? :no: Are the sidewalks not good enough for them?

 

At times I feel like throwing my coffee/drink on them, they think they own the rode......kind of like those on bikes. :whistling:

 

I do my best to run on sidewalks if they are available. I will say, when running on a sidewalk I feel more at risk often times because of people backing out of the driveways or exiting businesses never looking to see if anyone is crossing the sidewalk. And sidewalks are typically less maintained than a road.

 

For your second sentence, think about what you just typed. Why do people not bicycle on a sidewalk. Like it or not, bicycles are to be treated as a motor vehicle.

 

What amazes me more are the people that will ride up on pedestrians because they can't exercise two seconds of patience. I can recall 4 or 5 times I have been out on a county road (no sidewalks), so I am running against traffic. Not a car in sight besides the one oncoming vehicle - which is usually a loud pickup in these instances - that will refuse to move over a few feet for safety. I've had to jump in ditches to avoid being brushed by vehicles. Biking the same.

I do my best to run on sidewalks if they are available. I will say, when running on a sidewalk I feel more at risk often times because of people backing out of the driveways or exiting businesses never looking to see if anyone is crossing the sidewalk. And sidewalks are typically less maintained than a road.

 

For your second sentence, think about what you just typed. Why do people not bicycle on a sidewalk. Like it or not, bicycles are to be treated as a motor vehicle.

 

What amazes me more are the people that will ride up on pedestrians because they can't exercise two seconds of patience. I can recall 4 or 5 times I have been out on a county road (no sidewalks), so I am running against traffic. Not a car in sight besides the one oncoming vehicle - which is usually a loud pickup in these instances - that will refuse to move over a few feet for safety. I've had to jump in ditches to avoid being brushed by vehicles. Biking the same.

 

So you run on Rt. 8?

So you run on Rt. 8?

 

I pass a guy on Rt 8 nearly every morning that rides his bike. So unsafe.

I pass a guy on Rt 8 nearly every morning that rides his bike. So unsafe.

 

Is that a busy road?

Is that a busy road?

 

It can be but the bigger problem is that it is a windy road with no shoulders in the majority of spots.

Is that a busy road?

Not terribly but it's a small 2 lane road with very little shoulder and a fair amount of Semis.

Not terribly but it's a small 2 lane road with very little shoulder and a fair amount of Semis.

 

I don't understand the affinity the runners and bikers have for that road.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.