Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rivals Combine Indianapolis April 12th

Featured Replies

  • Author

The Lafayette kid had some of the best times. Powell got 20th out of 800 kids in the cone drill. Put all that together when SK played Lafayette nobody could catch Powell when he scored his 4tds!

  • Replies 72
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mason Alstatt from Lafayette with a 4.66 in the 40 and a solid 29.5 vertical jump. From what I saw, that was the fastest time in the 40. I only saw another three or four that came in under 4.8 seconds. I know it's not the NFL combine, but I would have expected a *little* better from the group as a whole.

Shout out to all the Trinity players who competed. Placing were Nick Cardosi (freshman) took 10th in power push up; Alex Carvajal (freshman) took 5th in the 3 cone drill; Ahmad Johnson (sophomore) took 5th in the 40 yd dash and 18th in the shuttle. Overall Kentucky athletes made a very good showing!! Devin Gentry (Male) won the 40 in 4.63, the vertical jump with 37.5 and second in the broad jump. Easily the top performer of the day!

Jake Smith will be there ��

 

I didn't see his results?

So do you believe/trust the laser times ?

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Capitalization

so do you believe/trust the laser times ?

 

Based on ego, level of acceptance, and overall general mood:

 

deduct .001 to 1.00 seconds...I kid, I kid !?!

The times were slow for some reason, My kid ran the 40 laserd at the Sparq few weeks ago and he ran 4.91 in Indy his best time was 5.38, thats a huge difference. Even the jumps were off. they measured his broad jump at 7'3 when he actually fell forwards both times and DQd. Not sure what happened but it is what it is. We have now been to a few different combines, Some paid for, some free. I personally think the best combines have a camp feel and have the 1V1 competition part. As i think game speed is way better than a timed speed. Thats the only negative of the Free ( Sparq and Rivals) there is no 1on1 competitions to show anything. I will say that both the Sparq and Rivals were way more organized than some of the NUC and others we have been too.

Laser times are accurate. It cuts out all the non-sense of saying kids run a 4.4 or 4.5. We're lucky to have many kids in NKY that run better than a 4.6.

  • Author
I didn't see his results?

 

Jacob Smith didn't make it he had a virus. I feel very bad for him he was really excited about going.

  • Author

Perfect example everybody said Baker was runnning 4.29s at rivals he ran a 4.5 something.

  • Author
so do you believe/trust the laser times ?

 

I do some kids are trained properly to run a good 40.

I don't think anybody really believed Baker ran a legitimate 4.29 in his forty. I do believe he is one of the fastest kids at any combine or camp that he attends. I will give you something to think about. I read about a kid that will go nameless. He ran a 4.37 forty yard dash at Best of the Midwest. That same kid ran a 4.87 on Sunday at the Rivals combine in Indianapolis. So there is a big big difference in hand and laser time. 4.87 is still impressive for a 17 year old and by the time he runs for a pro scout he will be four years older.

  • Author
I don't think anybody really believed Baker ran a legitimate 4.29 in his forty. I do believe he is one of the fastest kids at any combine or camp that he attends. I will give you something to think about. I read about a kid that will go nameless. He ran a 4.37 forty yard dash at Best of the Midwest. That same kid ran a 4.87 on Sunday at the Rivals combine in Indianapolis. So there is a big big difference in hand and laser time. 4.87 is still impressive for a 17 year old and by the time he runs for a pro scout he will be four years older.

 

 

 

I totally agree this is what these kids are suppose to be running. To get the same times as the NFL fastest is unreal.

So Powell ran slower than a 4.88 40? He is not listed in the top 20? Did he not run the 40? I thought this kid ran a 4.5??

He ran a 5.03 40

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.