Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rivals Combine Indianapolis April 12th

Featured Replies

  • Replies 72
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's not track. Bottom line is regardless of times, can the kid make a football play? Heck yes, speed is important but at the end of the day can the player make plays on the field.

It's not track. Bottom line is regardless of times, can the kid make a football play? Heck yes, speed is important but at the end of the day can the player make plays on the field.

 

This really depends on whose bottom line you are talking about.

Don't really care about anyone else's, my bottom line is wins and losses and I've seen kids that who aren't Blazers win a lot of ball games. Again, speed does kill don't get me wrong but wins can be obtained if you have a group of kids that can make football plays and aren't members of the 4.4 club, that's my only point.

Speed is very similar to size. I also get tired of hearing how fast someone is which many translate into equaling a great player. Same as when someone talks about how big a kid is who plays line, and their delusional belief that size equates to great player. I've seen some players who were fastest on a team but couldn't play worth a lick and you can also scan sidelines ever Friday night and see some of the biggest kids on the team never seeing the field. If you can play and have great speed then that's awesome. If you are huge and can play great then that's awesome too, but it does not equate to being better simply because of having one of the attributes.

  • Author
He ran a 5.03 40

 

The Cooper kids that I thought was pretty fast didn't have good times either. I am pretty sure Dillon had the best time out of all the NKY kids that showed up.

 

Nathan Brown 5.22 40

Dante Hendrix 5.12 40

Marcus Watson 6.02 40

  • Author

Powell got 20th in the cone drill and almost broke in the 20 in the shuttle.

  • Author

I think kids should to the rivals camps instead of the rivals combine where they can go one on one against kids in drills.

I guess anyone can look fast when the competition is really that slow.

  • Author

A 40 time really doesn't mean anything in football how often does a player run 40 yards? Usually during a play a kid runs 10 yards.

Cant just go to the Rivals Camp, you have to be invited to it.

The Cooper kids that I thought was pretty fast didn't have good times either. I am pretty sure Dillon had the best time out of all the NKY kids that showed up.

 

Nathan Brown 5.22 40

Dante Hendrix 5.12 40

Marcus Watson 6.02 40

Dixie heights kid ran a 5.01.

It means a ton to college scouts. I fear that time may have ended any hopes Mr. Powell had of a decent college offer.

  • Author
It means a ton to college scouts. I fear that time may have ended any hopes Mr. Powell had of a decent college offer.

 

I disagree with you. Top 20 in the cone drill also a good time in the shuttle. I guess we will see how it works out.

If a coach sits in a recruiting meeting and says, "I have this great running back. By the way, he runs a five flat 40." he will lose all credibility and be fired. He's a great high school player but that time makes me question his ability at the running back position for the next level.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.