April 7, 201511 yr I don't think its a clear cut case that Okafor is better than Winslow. I think Towns is the best of all 3 but not so quick to say Okafor is better than Winslow. I made statement earlier this week and was basically bashed by a Duke fan on here yet it seems the what I said about Okafor was highlighted last night and is also the talk on the sports shows this morning when others are also saying they think Winslows game is better than Okafors as of right now. Okafor is slow and gets lazy especially on defense and that was no truer than last night. He would get beat off the dribble and was slow getting back on Defense. Winslow has the game on both ends of the court and can shoot from anywhere. He can play defense away from the basket as well as posting up.
April 7, 201511 yr After watching Winslow closer in the tournament I am thinking he might have the most upside of the three. I am leaning to Winslow, Towns #1 depending what a team biggest need is a 4 or a 5 player then Okafor the third but I could also see a team with the third pick needing a guard taking D'Angelo Russell and Okafor falling as low as the fourth pick. imo
April 7, 201511 yr I've been a pretty big fan of Winslow all year. He very much has an NBA game with the way he attacks the lane and crashing the boards. He'll continue to get better as a defender and shooter. I'd still take Towns & Okafor over him. But I do think Winslow will have a better career than Okafor.
April 7, 201511 yr Author I just think Okafors game is too one dimensional RIGHT NOW. I had to clarify that because he is so young he can definitely develop on defense etc. But I made mention on Friday watching the 4 teams practice that Okafor looked really slow and couldn't hit anything if he was beyond 2 feet from the basket. Winslow is a player right now and I would rank him ahead of Okafor.
April 7, 201511 yr Winslow had a poor night from the field yesterday, but you saw who Coach K left in with 2 fouls in the first half. It wasn't Okafor. He (Winslow) still finished with 11 points, 9 rebs, and 3 blocks. I really think I would take him first pick overall in the draft and let him go to work James Harden style. There is something inherently wrong with knowing you need to bench the overall #1 pick in the draft because he is a liability at the line, and liability on defense. Duke was most effective with him on the bench. I think his foul trouble was a blessing in disguise. And don't try to tell me that Shaq would have been benched in the same situation. Not even in the same stratosphere as to what you would get in production between the two.
April 7, 201511 yr MKG? Same type of impact on the collegiate level. Winslow is a much more fluid shooter.
April 7, 201511 yr Same type of impact on the collegiate level. Winslow is a much more fluid shooter. Don't get me wrong, he's definitely not James Harden. But the way he plays reminds me of him.
April 7, 201511 yr Winslow had a poor night from the field yesterday, but you saw who Coach K left in with 2 fouls in the first half. It wasn't Okafor. He (Winslow) still finished with 11 points, 9 rebs, and 3 blocks. I really think I would take him first pick overall in the draft and let him go to work James Harden style. There is something inherently wrong with knowing you need to bench the overall #1 pick in the draft because he is a liability at the line, and liability on defense. Duke was most effective with him on the bench. I think his foul trouble was a blessing in disguise. And don't try to tell me that Shaq would have been benched in the same situation. Not even in the same stratosphere as to what you would get in production between the two. Agreed, it was talked about in another thread but I'm taking him #1 .
April 7, 201511 yr Author Here is an interesting article ranking the top players going into the draft. A certain Duke fan who basically said I was an idiot when I said I would draft Winslow in front of Okafor won't like this. The 30 best NBA Draft prospects of 2015 - SBNation.com
April 7, 201511 yr I'm taking Okafor and not looking back. I'd have Winslow #3 right now. Going to be a very good player, not sure I see the James Harden comparisons though.
April 7, 201511 yr Here is an interesting article ranking the top players going into the draft. A certain Duke fan who basically said I was an idiot when I said I would draft Winslow in front of Okafor won't like this. The 30 best NBA Draft prospects of 2015 - SBNation.com Booker needs to think long and hard about leaving this year.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.