Covington Catholic 2015

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After admiring the arial picture for quite some time, I finally noticed that the field is illegal. Anyone else see a problem with the design and layout?

I noticed that the team's sideline areas go from 25 to 25...it always used to be 30 to 30. I'm not sure if that was officially designated as part of the field design, but it's a change. Also, I don't see any X's marking out kickoffs...again, not sure if that's a requirement for the field's design.

The markings on the field do not follow the rule book.

I thought you were right about the team box going from 30 yard line to 30 yard line...but apparently it's been expanded to go from the 25 to the 25.

I just double checked the website for the National Federation of State High School Associations: 2014 NFHS Approved Football Field Diagrams

I thought you were right about the team box going from 30 yard line to 30 yard line...but apparently it's been expanded to go from the 25 to the 25. I just double checked the website for the National Federation of State High School Associations: https://www.nfhs.org/media/727288/2014_football_field_diagrams.pdf

Correct. I couldn't tell from his post if he was saying 25 was correct or not.