Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2015 Top players to lookout for in NKY

Featured Replies

How about Whitford at Highlands? Lanky kid with an awesome glove, natural baseball instincts as well as a very tough out at the plate. Any Schools showing interest?

 

Heard he hit 4 bombs in BP today at Highland Park. One was oppo..

  • Replies 36
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard he hit 4 bombs in BP today at Highland Park. One was oppo..

 

Kid is going to be a stud.

No sour grapes from me at the time nor now... But I would like to point out.... 2 kids that the article overlooked (Seibert - Holy Cross and Lyons - Ludlow) are in many people's eyes candidates for player of the year... And doesn't surprise me at all when that many schools were overlooked in the article...

 

Next year, they should give a preview of each team and each district, so baseball fans can be more familiar with all the teams. Top players should not be overlooked because of their school size or the lack of their teams' success IMO.

J

No sour grapes from me at the time nor now... But I would like to point out.... 2 kids that the article overlooked (Seibert - Holy Cross and Lyons - Ludlow) are in many people's eyes candidates for player of the year... And doesn't surprise me at all when that many schools were overlooked in the article...

 

Next year, they should give a preview of each team and each district, so baseball fans can be more familiar with all the teams. Top players should not be overlooked because of their school size or the lack of their teams' success IMO.

 

Somebody always gets overlooked by these articles, and some mentioned in these articles ocassionally disappoint. To be fair, no one else mentioned Seibert in this thread, and Lyons was only mentioned by his coach. Heck, I've known Seibert for since he was 8 or 9 years old, and while I thought he was a nice player, never would have predicted he'd have the type of season he's had this year. And despite coaching at a high level for 8 out of the last 9 years in the area, I had no idea who Lyons was. Also, the Enquirer does do a more in depth preview of teams (through the More local Recorder newspapers). In general though, I'm sure most would agree, that Enquirer high school sports coverage is average at best, especially here in NKY.

No sour grapes from me at the time nor now... But I would like to point out.... 2 kids that the article overlooked (Seibert - Holy Cross and Lyons - Ludlow) are in many people's eyes candidates for player of the year... And doesn't surprise me at all when that many schools were overlooked in the article...

 

Next year, they should give a preview of each team and each district, so baseball fans can be more familiar with all the teams. Top players should not be overlooked because of their school size or the lack of their teams' success IMO.

 

Why do we care if an article mentions them? So Jr can feel good and momma has more scrapbook fodder? I could care less what Skinner writes or doesn't write, he and honestly anyone at the Enquirer are the last people who's opinion I want on kids in the area. Boards like this-from people who actually watch baseball games-are where I look for info. Of course you have to weed through the daddy posts looking for someone to talk great about their kid, but for the most part it's really good info. I pay attention to what coaches say and write, not media folks.

J

 

In general though, I'm sure most would agree, that Enquirer high school sports coverage is average at best, especially here in NKY.

Well said... That's what myself and others were getting at when this article first came out. And the fact that you've never heard of Lyons is another reason that more schools should have been mentioned. I've known him to be a top player for years, yet there are kids the article mentioned I've never heard of.

I'll concede it's impossible to mention "everyone", but just thought more schools should be included... May be too much to do in one article. But could be split up in a few shorter ones. It could be that there's just not enough interest as a whole, not enough baseball junkies to make it worth the Enquirer's time....

Why do we care if an article mentions them? So Jr can feel good and momma has more scrapbook fodder? I could care less what Skinner writes or doesn't write, he and honestly anyone at the Enquirer are the last people who's opinion I want on kids in the area. Boards like this-from people who actually watch baseball games-are where I look for info. Of course you have to weed through the daddy posts looking for someone to talk great about their kid, but for the most part it's really good info. I pay attention to what coaches say and write, not media folks.

I only care what they write in terms of discovering players, coaches and teams that I may wanna get out and see in the upcoming season... In years' past it seemed I could find more info in the pre-season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.