Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 61 Cooper 42

Featured Replies

CCH went deny on Pangallo which left NCC still with Drew and Ben. Do you think Colin and Dickerson would hurt them more than NCC's boys?

 

You're comparing Pangallo's offensive game to McNeil's? Two totally different players and who on CCH is going to totally deny McNeil the ball? Just curious.

  • Replies 65
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're comparing Pangallo's offensive game to McNeil's? Two totally different players and who on CCH is going to totally deny McNeil the ball? Just curious.

 

I'm not comparing games. I'm comparing "bigs" that you referenced.

 

My guess is they would put Flood on deny detail. You can't completely deny but you can and will make life very difficult on Sean. It has had some success.

I'm not comparing games. I'm comparing "bigs" that you referenced.

 

My guess is they would put Flood on deny detail. You can't completely deny but you can and will make life very difficult on Sean. It has had some success.

 

It's fine. We can just agree to disagree. Hope Cooper gets the opportunity but gotta win a district game first. CCH is the best team in the region no doubt but like everyone has said, on the right night it can go another teams way.

It's fine. We can just agree to disagree. Hope Cooper gets the opportunity but gotta win a district game first. CCH is the best team in the region no doubt but like everyone has said, on the right night it can go another teams way.

 

I've said all year that IF CCH loses in the tourney it will be because of their offense.

I will be anxious for a rematch when McNeil and Dickerson are back as well. Don't have a dog in this fight but I have noticed Bo being very taunting of players too. He's a nice player and needs to bring that down some. JMO

I will be anxious for a rematch when McNeil and Dickerson are back as well. Don't have a dog in this fight but I have noticed Bo being very taunting of players too. He's a nice player and needs to bring that down some. JMO

 

I agree with your comments, I also feel that the refs have some responsibility here. If they allow it to go on you could argue that they are just as much at fault.

I agree with your comments, I also feel that the refs have some responsibility here. If they allow it to go on you could argue that they are just as much at fault.

 

Couldn't agree more!

So what exactly did Bo do when you guys mention "taunting?"

I wasn't at this game, so I don't know. I have seen it before and have questioned myself if there was more to it? We as fans don't know what each boy is saying to one another. My view however is that Bo is a good ball player and I hate to see this from anyone! So mine was just a general observation from the past.

So what exactly did Bo do when you guys mention "taunting?"

 

And my question to them is, how would this have effected the game?

 

If you can't stand some taunting then you're weak!

CovCath - VonHandorf 9 0 20, Sweeney 0 2 2, Schuh 7 9 23, Flood 0 2 2, Theobald 4 4 12, Heppler 1 0 2. Totals: 21 17 61.

Cooper - Hendrix 2 2 6, Dragan 3 6 13, Kunkel 1 0 3, McNeil 0 1 1, Liechty 1 0 2, Rohlman 1 0 2, Hathorn 4 5 13, Hawkins 0 2 2. Totals: 12 16 42.

Halftime: CC 27-22. 3-pointers: CC 2 (VonHandorf); C 2 (Dragan, Kunkel).

Coach Sully is the man. Always interesting to watch during the game.

 

I agree! I love watching him coach, and he is right up there with my favorite coaches to watch in the area.

And my question to them is, how would this have effected the game?

 

If you can't stand some taunting then you're weak!

 

That's some awesome sportsmanship there. Taunting should not be allowed at any level. I see kids who taunt as weak minded and a few other words that I'm not allowed to say on here. Keep it classy!

I hate to see players at any level taunting one another as well, but an issue I see with it is, where is the line drawn? What is acceptable behavior, that is not considered taunting? What is taunting that is worthy of drawing a penalty / foul or worse? That is my biggest issue - things I consider taunting - you may not. I feel there are actions which are not directed towards a player, but are visible for all players, can be considered taunting. Some may considered celebration type activities - like the dang 3 goggles - as taunting. So, again - where is the line to be drawn.

 

BTW - I was not at the game and have no idea if I would consider Bo's actions as taunting, as I was not there and have not even seen him play this year.

Close game till the fourth. Not sure why Schuh is so untouchable, seemed like every time we put someone on him they called a foul on us but he's ok to push our players around. We got careless with the ball and CC took advantage of us

 

Maybe an odd question but does Schuh always guard players way shorter than him? He was on Kunkel a lot while Hathorn was pushing around his defender

 

Really? If anything over the past few years Bo has either:

 

1. Correctly had the call on him because he is aggressive or,

2. Had some interesting phantom calls on him.

 

I don't see where he is "untouchable".

 

He has sat out numerous minutes due to this. I can remember SEVERAL games where he was called for a phantom ridiculous light or no touch foul. (Last year at Campbell County was atrocious).

 

As far as Schuh guarding players shorter than him? Perhaps sometimes to keep him out of foul trouble, but keep in mind that with all the players going through CCH in the last 4 years Bo Schuh has never really had a true big man to play off of. I loved Mark Schult's hustle and attitude as well as Romes this year, but both are 6'2". Bo is/was asked along with those two to do the dirty work and guarded many big men throughout his career despite not having a true big man's body. He's more of an athletic 3. Last year's State tournament he was guarding 7' Raekwon Long of Scott County (and won that battle) and numerous battles with the other teams Bigs throughout his High School career.

 

I will agree that he is aggressive boxing out (as taught) and in the post because he needs to be.

 

I DO NOT agree about taunting at all. He won't back down but he's not one to start it. I haven't seen it.

 

He has had many dunks, block shots, stick backs, and dimes, and he just runs back down the court to do his job.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.