Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 61 Cooper 42

Featured Replies

So what exactly did Bo do when you guys mention "taunting?"

 

Clyde, there are a couple of examples in this thread, posts #19 (standing over a player after a block) and #23 (chest bumping after a foul).

  • Replies 65
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clyde' date=' there are a couple of examples in this thread, posts #19 (standing over a player after a block) and #23 (chest bumping after a foul).[/quote']

 

Too vague. Who did he bump? What happened to lead to it? What was the play where he stood over a player?

And my question to them is, how would this have effected the game?

 

If you can't stand some taunting then you're weak!

 

I do not believe that anyone said it would have effected the outcome of the game, I think you are missing the point.

 

Most have said that they feel he is a good player but do not like to see the taunting that seems to come with it.

 

Who said the boys could not stand the taunting? Saying this would make them weak is pretty comical, the observation is that Schuh seems to taunt more than others.... and gets away with it on most instances... nothing more, nothing less.

CCH is the best team in the region right now. They have proved that. I love how hard they play. They get after you for 32 minutes with no let down. CVH, BO, Flood, and Cooper T are really getting it done. Then they have others that may not score as much, but play great defense and rebound the heck out of the ball. CCH is deeper than Cooper right now. Especially with McNeal and Dickerson out. I believe this would be a very close game had them two played for Copper. I have seen McNeal play on several different occasions and he was the best player in the gym last night (Even though he didn't play, if he were playing). Face guard him or not, you aren't going to shut him down. Very solid player, lights out shooter, attacks the rim well, excellent court vision, and great basketball IQ. Good luck to both teams moving forward. Should be a great tournament!

I do not believe that anyone said it would have effected the outcome of the game, I think you are missing the point.

 

Most have said that they feel he is a good player but do not like to see the taunting that seems to come with it.

 

Who said the boys could not stand the taunting? Saying this would make them weak is pretty comical, the observation is that Schuh seems to taunt more than others.... and gets away with it on most instances... nothing more, nothing less.

 

Then the "Observation" is wrong. Have those that are "observing" this seen many other games this year? I would rank Schuh toward the bottom of the taunting list in the 8-9-10 regions...I have seen several players do way more....and what's worse, aren't nearly the same caliber player.

 

Last night was nothing.

Wasn't at this game, but I tend to agree about Schuh's play. I'm not a fan of his sometimes chippy, taunting play. He's too good of a player for that, and I've seen it many times over the past couple of seasons. It doesn't need to be part of his game, but guess it's just who he is as a player.

And my question to them is, how would this have effected the game?

 

If you can't stand some taunting then you're weak!

 

Seriously??????????? It is against the rules for one. Is that not something that the officials talk to the kids about during the pre-game conference? Be interesting to see how the region officials handle all of this. CovCath is getting a bad rap these days for things other than their ability to play the game of basketball.

That's some awesome sportsmanship there. Taunting should not be allowed at any level. I see kids who taunt as weak minded and a few other words that I'm not allowed to say on here. Keep it classy!

 

Taunting a little is a part of sports, get over it, it doesn't have much to do with sportsmanship! What is that saying "Words don't hurt?" If anyone has any problem with something that is said on the court and that takes them out of the game, they have bigger issues that they need to worry about and may have issues in the real world. As long as it doesn't go too far, no big deal. Plus, as has been stated, no one in the stands know what is being said.

 

I guess you would also have had an issue with WCS after his dunk last night when he went right over a guy from the side for a dunk, it should have been a foul, but here wasn't, and WCS gave a little reaction/taunt. No big deal, move on and play.

Seriously??????????? It is against the rules for one. Is that not something that the officials talk to the kids about during the pre-game conference? Be interesting to see how the region officials handle all of this. CovCath is getting a bad rap these days for things other than their ability to play the game of basketball.

Yes, seriously. I am not talking serious talking, as was stated before, we don't have a clue what is being said, the refs more than likely saw it and they did nothing why.....?

 

And as for your last part, this wouldn't be an issue if CCH wasn't winning and wasn't what most would say is the strongest threat to win the region. The idea that some outside of CCH becoming a "dynasty" must be playing into some of this talk against CCH.

 

But we just have to agree to disagree.

Edited by SportsGuy41017

I do not believe that anyone said it would have effected the outcome of the game, I think you are missing the point.

 

Most have said that they feel he is a good player but do not like to see the taunting that seems to come with it.

 

Who said the boys could not stand the taunting? Saying this would make them weak is pretty comical, the observation is that Schuh seems to taunt more than others.... and gets away with it on most instances... nothing more, nothing less.

 

Are the opposing players going on complaining about it or are they hustling down the court to play? Possibly they will use it as motivation to stop him? Or is all the complaining coming from the stands and online from people who do not know what is being said.

 

Again, if CCH wasn't winning, this wouldn't be an issue, as Two Bad Teams stated, what went on last night doesn't compare to what goes on in other games.

 

But again, we just have to agree to disagree.

Edited by SportsGuy41017

SG you are completely lost in the conversation. It's all about perception. And if you are reading a majority of the posts about this topic, the kid is obviously doing something "visually", to garner this image. He can tone it down and still be a dominant player, or he can continue his antics and be a negatively labeled dominant player. JMO

SG you are completely lost in the conversation. It's all about perception. And if you are reading a majority of the posts about this topic, the kid is obviously doing something "visually", to garner this image. He can tone it down and still be a dominant player, or he can continue his antics and be a negatively labeled dominant player. JMO

 

No, No I don't think I am. Are the people complaining just sour about a lose to CCH? Could be, we don't know. Same as what we don't know is what is being said on the court, the ref's most likely can hear it or at least see it, they don't have a huge issue with it.

 

If what people in the stand see, the perception, and the refs don't seem to have an issue when they are right there and most likely hear it, unlike the people in the stands, then..... well, then that "perception" comes from something else.

 

And I don't have a dog in this fight. But, I wouldn't mind my son playing at CCH for coach R, along with a couple of other coaches in the area. And as I have said before, are the players going on about this? Or is it just people in the stands who are upset.....

Then the "Observation" is wrong. Have those that are "observing" this seen many other games this year? I would rank Schuh toward the bottom of the taunting list in the 8-9-10 regions...I have seen several players do way more....and what's worse, aren't nearly the same caliber player.

 

Last night was nothing.

 

Seems to me that several people are making the same "observation", are we all wrong?

 

You make it sound like it is OK because he is a higher caliber player.

 

If you say last night was nothing, does this mean you have seen him do much more taunting?

Are the opposing players going on complaining about it or are they hustling down the court to play? Possibly they will use it as motivation to stop him? Or is all the complaining coming from the stands and online from people who do not know what is being said.

 

Again, if CCH wasn't winning, this wouldn't be an issue, as Two Bad Teams stated, what went on last night doesn't compare to what goes on in other games.

 

But again, we just have to agree to disagree.

 

Not sure if the kids are complaining but I do believe that Coach Sullivan was more than upset about the chest bumping he did last night, I doubt he heard what was said either. You keep talking about what is being said, this is not a prerequisite for being called for taunting.

 

And no, this has nothing to do with the CCH record, or how good of a player someone is.... this is about behavior.

Last night was nothing.

 

If you say last night was nothing, does this mean you have seen him do much more taunting?

 

I would rank Schuh toward the bottom of the taunting list in the 8-9-10 regions...I have seen several players do way more

 

He kind of already explained it, so why assume he was talking about Schuh?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.