Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 61 Cooper 42

Featured Replies

 

Not sure why Schuh and CVH were left in the game so long, seems like it was long after the game had been decided and Cooper had put in their reserves.

100% false. CVH and Bo checked out at the exact same timeout that Sully put in the reserves. The exact timeout.

  • Replies 65
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seemed odd to me. Think once McNeil and Dickerson get back we will be trouble for CC. McNeil is not afraid to drive to the basket and with CC's slow starts we stand a good chance.

 

Obviously, McNeil makes a big difference. No real strong scoring option without him. With him he gets good shots for other players.

 

However, CCH has played some pretty good offensive teams this year so it's not like Sean is suddenly going to overwhelm the Colonels. Plus they'd go "deny" on him and you're back to the current issue.

It's funny that some of you cats are whining about Bo getting love from the officials. That must be a brand new thing as he has been the KING of sitting due to silly fouls.

Maybe I am not correct but I thought that the boy he stood over after a block towards the end of the game was one of the reserves.

 

I also think that a couple a times he should have been called for taunting.

Not sure how he would get in foul trouble, seems to get away with a lot of pushing that does not get called.

 

Not sure why Schuh and CVH were left in the game so long, seems like it was long after the game had been decided and Cooper had put in their reserves.

 

Apparently you have not watched many CCH games,,,Schuh is foul prone..

Apparently you have not watched many CCH games,,,Schuh is foul prone..

 

Not saying he is not foul prone, or committing silly fouls, I am saying that I felt he should actually be called for more than he was tonight.

Maybe I am not correct but I thought that the boy he stood over after a block towards the end of the game was one of the reserves.

 

I also think that a couple a times he should have been called for taunting.

 

He may have been a non-starter, but when Sully emptied the bench, Cole and Bo checked out as well (along with the rest of the starters).

 

Was a chippy game for sure, the double technical on Theobald and Kunkle is evidence of that.

 

As I said on Twitter, I love Sully and behind Scott, he is my 2nd favorite coach in the 9th. Coaches with so much fire and emotion. Huge Sully fan.

 

Also thought Hathorn played well tonight. Kid plays so hard.

Not being a CC fan I don't watch many of their games. I will say he should have been called for taunting and given a technical, after he fouled Hathorn in the first half he chest bumped him and was talking trash but the ref just stood there. The other ref that gave Kunkel and the CC player called them for nothing but Schuh's taunting is ok.

Not being a CC fan I don't watch many of their games. I will say he should have been called for taunting and given a technical, after he fouled Hathorn in the first half he chest bumped him and was talking trash but the ref just stood there. The other ref that gave Kunkel and the CC player called them for nothing but Schuh's taunting is ok.

 

Duly noted.

Coach Sully is the man. Always interesting to watch during the game.

First congrats to CCH. They were the better team tonite and did what they needed to do to win. However, I will say that if these teams meet again and Cooper has McNeil and Dickerson back the result MAY be different. I read all the earlier posts about how Cooper would get blown out and yes the end result is largely in favor of CCH but if you were at the game clearly everyone say just how this was either team's game at the end of the 3rd. This game back and forth until CCH pulled clearly away in the 3rd. Not making any excuses but not having 2 starters and nearly 30pts/game and who knows how many rebounds had it's impact for a team that doesn't score much anyway.

 

Congrats to both teams as it was a good slugfest through 3 qtrs with neither team backing down. Sully and the Jags will learn from this but defense was solid as usual for most of the game. Very impressed with CCH's free throw shooting and very disappointed in the Jags at the line as they left far too many points at the there tonite. Loved seeing the old AAU teammates CVH and Hendrix talking nearly the entire game, good friends.

First congrats to CCH. They were the better team tonite and did what they needed to do to win. However, I will say that if these teams meet again and Cooper has McNeil and Dickerson back the result MAY be different. I read all the earlier posts about how Cooper would get blown out and yes the end result is largely in favor of CCH but if you were at the game clearly everyone say just how this was either team's game at the end of the 3rd. This game back and forth until CCH pulled clearly away in the 3rd. Not making any excuses but not having 2 starters and nearly 30pts/game and who knows how many rebounds had it's impact for a team that doesn't score much anyway.

 

Congrats to both teams as it was a good slugfest through 3 qtrs with neither team backing down. Sully and the Jags will learn from this but defense was solid as usual for most of the game. Very impressed with CCH's free throw shooting and very disappointed in the Jags at the line as they left far too many points at the there tonite. Loved seeing the old AAU teammates CVH and Hendrix talking nearly the entire game, good friends.

 

I told someone today that at full strength the game would be close. I think CCH wins the majority but they're going to be battles.

Obviously, McNeil makes a big difference. No real strong scoring option without him. With him he gets good shots for other players.

 

However, CCH has played some pretty good offensive teams this year so it's not like Sean is suddenly going to overwhelm the Colonels. Plus they'd go "deny" on him and you're back to the current issue.

 

Totally disagree. The outcome may or may not be the same if McNeil is playing but CCH is not going to totally deny him the ball unless you double him and if Dickerson is on the floor it's a problem for CCH as they don't necessarily have an answer for him AND Hathorn. It cannot be denied that Dickerson brings more offense than Hawkins and he has to be accounted for. Additionally, he brings tremendous rebounding to the table as well as bigger body

 

I'd be curious to know if any other team has held CCH to 38pts. after 3 qtrs. (and yes I fully understand that there are 4 qtrs. in basketball) I'm just curious that's all.

Totally disagree. The outcome may or may not be the same if McNeil is playing but CCH is not going to totally deny him the ball unless you double him and if Dickerson is on the floor it's a problem for CCH as they don't necessarily have an answer for him AND Hathorn. It cannot be denied that Dickerson brings more offense than Hawkins and he has to be accounted for. Additionally, he brings tremendous rebounding to the table as well as bigger body

 

I'd be curious to know if any other team has held CCH to 38pts. after 3 qtrs. (and yes I fully understand that there are 4 qtrs. in basketball) I'm just curious that's all.

 

CCH went deny on Pangallo which left NCC still with Drew and Ben. Do you think Colin and Dickerson would hurt them more than NCC's boys?

 

I'd be curious to know if any other team has held CCH to 38pts. after 3 qtrs. (and yes I fully understand that there are 4 qtrs. in basketball) I'm just curious that's all.

 

My guess is Trinity and Central. Maybe Cincy X and maybe Moeller.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.