Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 68 Florida 61

Featured Replies

 

Rozier is clearly superior in athleticism, handle, vision, passing, creating his own shot, defending and at worst comparable from the perimeter. Aaron has better size...

 

He does have a better handle and he can create his own shot, in college. I'm not sure about the rest. Even when he does create his own shot, he is a streaky shooter.

 

To me Aaron has much more upside and potential. He seems better fitted for the NBA game, imo. His size is a big difference in the NBA, imo. He's not a bad shooter, but is also a streaky shooter, as I also said Rozier is.

 

Do I think either Aaron is ready for the NBA, no. Do I think Rozier is, no, but he seems to be set on leaving, according to Pitino. If I were a GM for an NBA team, I would pick Aaron over Rozier off of potential alone, if they were both to enter the draft this year.

 

In the NBA size matters, Aaron has that. He's a pretty good shooter too, although a bit streaky. Everything else you can teach. I like Rozier, but if him and Aaron both declared this year, I would have a hard time not picking Aaron.

  • Replies 113
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

I've said exactly why he's better already. No need to repeat myself in here.

 

I must have missed that. If you could reference which post you explained it in or explain it again it would be helpful. I can't find it anywhere.

I must have missed that. If you could reference which post you explained it in or explain it again it would be helpful. I can't find it anywhere.

 

IMO, it's not even close. Harrison, while a good college player, excels at nothing. Rozier is a much better athlete, has a better handle, a better shot, and is better defensively....And he can play the point.

 

 

...

He does have a better handle and he can create his own shot, in college. I'm not sure about the rest. Even when he does create his own shot, he is a streaky shooter.

 

To me Aaron has much more upside and potential. He seems better fitted for the NBA game, imo. His size is a big difference in the NBA, imo. He's not a bad shooter, but is also a streaky shooter, as I also said Rozier is.

 

Do I think either Aaron is ready for the NBA, no. Do I think Rozier is, no, but he seems to be set on leaving, according to Pitino. If I were a GM for an NBA team, I would pick Aaron over Rozier off of potential alone, if they were both to enter the draft this year.

 

In the NBA size matters, Aaron has that. He's a pretty good shooter too, although a bit streaky. Everything else you can teach. I like Rozier, but if him and Aaron both declared this year, I would have a hard time not picking Aaron.

 

Sorry, but saying Aaron is heavy on upside tells me you are just reaching for anything to justify taking the homer position.

 

Where exactly is the upside? He's not getting quicker. He can't play any position but the 2 in the NBA. He's not going to suddenly become a better athlete. He doesn't pass the ball well, and that isn't an area that you just suddenly develop. Where is this upside you speak of???

Do you have facts to back that up or is it just your opinion?

 

They are both streaky shooters, but share similar numbers. Aaron may not be as quick as Rozier, but he's definetly athletic and can attack the basket. Defense at the college level is different than at the pro level, size matters.

 

That said, at this point in time both are good players, neither are ready for the NBA at this point in time. I don't believe anything you said makes Rozier a clear cut favorite, as you seem to think he is.

Do you have facts to back that up or is it just your opinion?

 

They are both streaky shooters, but share similar numbers. Aaron may not be as quick as Rozier, but he's definetly athletic and can attack the basket. Defense at the college level is different than at the pro level, size matters.

 

That said, at this point in time both are good players, neither are ready for the NBA at this point in time. I don't believe anything you said makes Rozier a clear cut favorite, as you seem to think he is.

 

It's the opinion of someone who does it for a living. GT is much better suited to give an evaluation or scouting report than anyone else on here.

 

Sorry, but saying Aaron is heavy on upside tells me you are just reaching for anything to justify taking the homer position.

 

Where exactly is the upside? He's not getting quicker. He can't play any position but the 2 in the NBA. He's not going to suddenly become a better athlete. He doesn't pass the ball well, and that isn't an area that you just suddenly develop. Where is this upside you speak of???

 

His size for one. He could develope into a great shooter for two, he's not bad as it is. He needs to work on his defense, but his size and strength gives him a lot of potential there.

 

What exactly is Roziers upside? I like the kid, but he's not even close to being ready for the nba.

 

It's the opinion of someone who does it for a living. GT is much better suited to give an evaluation or scouting report than anyone else on here.

 

So your saying its not your opinion its gametimes? Yet you keep posting on it even though its not your own thoughts? Or are you saying you evaluate players for a living yourself?

You realize that Aaron is significantly less quick than most NBA 2 guards, right? He's not quick enough or physically strong enough to defend at the next level.

 

In addition, without the ability to create your own shot, it's very hard to stick at the next level.

So your saying its not your opinion its gametimes? Yet you keep posting on it even though its not your own thoughts? Or are you saying you evaluate players for a living yourself?

 

I gave my thoughts earlier this morning in this thread, and the reposted them when you asked.

 

And yes, GT is the one who knows his stuff when it comes to evaluations. His agreed pretty much spot on with mine.

His size for one. He could develope into a great shooter for two, he's not bad as it is. He needs to work on his defense, but his size and strength gives him a lot of potential there.

 

What exactly is Roziers upside? I like the kid, but he's not even close to being ready for the nba.

 

He will have to develop into a great shooter, because if not he has very little chance of making it at the 2 in the NBA. Not a good shooter, a great shooter that connects on over 40% regularly. He isn't going by NBA shooting guards off the bounce ever. Simply not his game. And size isn't upside. It just makes him the average height of a 2 in the NBA.

 

Rozier has the athleticism, speed, handle and ability to get in the lane needed to play point guard in the NBA. While he still has a lot of work to do, he is much closer to being an NBA 1 than Aaron is at being an NBA 2. It really isn't all that close...

You realize that Aaron is significantly less quick than most NBA 2 guards, right? He's not quick enough or physically strong enough to defend at the next level.

 

In addition, without the ability to create your own shot, it's very hard to stick at the next level.

 

You do realize Rozier is undersized at the 2 spot in the NBA, right? He's no where near stong enough to play that position at the next level, at this point in time.

 

Aaron may not be as quick, but he is strong enough to create his own shots, or drive and dish. He just needs to learn to do those things to succeed at the next level.

 

That's why I think he has more upside. The things Aaron needs to do can be taught. However, you can't make Rozier any taller and more physical.

 

Neither are pure shooters, like Booker, or others you coukd use as comparisons. If your a 2 guard and are not a pure shooter, you either have to start shooting better or rely on your physical size. If you can't do either, you won't last long.

Wait, you think Rozier is going to play the 2 at the next level? Okay, this discussion is over. He's a PG at the NBA level.

Yeah we visited the Swamp too. There were UK fans there when I was there, too. I saw two fans get screamed at by a car load of Florida fans.

 

When I was at the Swamp back in November for the Florida/EKU game to watch my son play I was Gator Chomped by an 8 year old while standing outside of the restroom waiting on my wife. They love their Gators down there.

 

We were on the sidelines taking pictures during the game and we were in front of the student section for a large part of the game--they're pretty creative with their heckling but generally were good natured about it.

The Blue Blockers are extra thick tonight. :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.