January 29, 201511 yr Shocking Facts About Gun Fights! Very good article. Especially take note of the paragraph: Shot Placement Repeat Although the assailant was hit in his chest, “center mass”, he was still able to move around, shoot, and drive a few miles away before dying. According to a medical doctor specializing in gun shot wounds, you have an 85 percent chance of surviving! Just ask Kenny Vaughan from North Carolina, who was shot about 20 times with a rifle that was only 5 feet away and lived! I always preach that it’s not going to take a magical one or two shots to center mass to put an attacker down. It may take three, four, or five. Shoot “repeatedly” until the target is down, using the same reference point of aim. People seem to question why a police officer may have shot an assailant multiple times.
January 29, 201511 yr Just ask Kenny Vaughan from North Carolina, who was shot about 20 times with a rifle that was only 5 feet away and lived! I always preach that it’s not going to take a magical one or two shots to center mass to put an attacker down. It may take three, four, or five. Shoot “repeatedly” until the target is down, using the same reference point of aim. Due to the subject matter, I cannot open the link at work but, based on the snipet above is why I rarely carry my 1911 or .357 Mag revolver for self defense. While I love those guns and pulling them out at the range are my favorite parts, when it comes to self defense, a double stack magazine Glock is what I rely upon. Because in the stress of the moment, misses you would never miss under calm conditions happen and if there are multiple assailants, that single stack magazine or cylinder of a revolver can go empty pretty quick. To quote Paul Gomez, "More rounds in gun means more time in fight!"
January 29, 201511 yr Author Due to the subject matter, I cannot open the link at work but, based on the snipet above is why I rarely carry my 1911 or .357 Mag revolver for self defense. While I love those guns and pulling them out at the range are my favorite parts, when it comes to self defense, a double stack magazine Glock is what I rely upon. Because in the stress of the moment, misses you would never miss under calm conditions happen and if there are multiple assailants, that single stack magazine or cylinder of a revolver can go empty pretty quick. To quote Paul Gomez, "More rounds in gun means more time in fight!" The video is of a police dash cam. The officer pulls over a speeder. The speeder immediately exits his car and stands by his door. Despite repeated commands from the officer to get back in his car, the speeder ignore, then suddely move towards the patrol car, pulls a gun and empties it towards the officer, hitting him "in the side". Then the speeder drives off. The officer did not respond to the fire fight quickly.
January 29, 201511 yr I met a survivalist at the Shot Show one year that trains people for kill shots. No center mass, teaches to shoot head and groin area.
January 29, 201511 yr The video is of a police dash cam. The officer pulls over a speeder. The speeder immediately exits his car and stands by his door. Despite repeated commands from the officer to get back in his car, the speeder ignore, then suddely move towards the patrol car, pulls a gun and empties it towards the officer, hitting him "in the side". Then the speeder drives off. The officer did not respond to the fire fight quickly. The officer did shoot him center mass in the chest and he died from the gun shot wound. The video doesn't really show how quickly or even how the officer responded.
January 29, 201511 yr Author The officer did shoot him center mass in the chest and he died from the gun shot wound. The video doesn't really show how quickly or even how the officer responded. That wasn't evident from the video...but I thought I saw a ricochet off the pavement. And one couldn't really tell the officer's positioning because he was behind the camera. Probably why I am not an officer, as soon as the guy started in my direction, I would have dropped him.
January 29, 201511 yr Author The officer did shoot him center mass in the chest and he died from the gun shot wound. The video doesn't really show how quickly or even how the officer responded. Where did you get this information? It doesn't appear in the video...I watched it again...that the speeder was even hit. He ran back to his car when he dropped his magazine and sped off into the distance.
January 29, 201511 yr That wasn't evident from the video...but I thought I saw a ricochet off the pavement. And one couldn't really tell the officer's positioning because he was behind the camera. Probably why I am not an officer, as soon as the guy started in my direction, I would have dropped him. The story said the guy died from the gunshot wound and I've seen this clip before and knew that's what happened. The officer was moving around behind his car for cover as the man approached and started returning fire pretty much as soon as the guy started shooting at him. I saw this on TV and they interviewed the officer.
January 29, 201511 yr Where did you get this information? It doesn't appear in the video...I watched it again...that the speeder was even hit. He ran back to his car when he dropped his magazine and sped off into the distance. Post #1 Although the assailant was hit in his chest, “center mass”, he was still able to move around, shoot, and drive a few miles away before dying.
January 29, 201511 yr Shootout Between Oregon State Trooper and Army Veteran Turns Deadly - ABC News The driver, 34-year-old John Van Allen, is seen getting out of the car. But when Zistel asks him to get back inside his vehicle, Van Allen pulls out a gun and starts shooting. After shots were exchanged, Van Allen got back into his car and drove off. While Zistel was shot in the side, it turns out he also struck the shooter as well. Allen was found dead inside his car just half a mile away from the scene, police said in a news release. An autopsy revelaed he died from a single gunshot wound to the chest. Zistel was treated for a minor gunshot wound.
January 29, 201511 yr Author Post #1 OK thanks....I missed connecting that to the actual video which was very limited in viewpoint as it was the dashcam.
January 29, 201511 yr Due to the subject matter, I cannot open the link at work but, based on the snipet above is why I rarely carry my 1911 or .357 Mag revolver for self defense. While I love those guns and pulling them out at the range are my favorite parts, when it comes to self defense, a double stack magazine Glock is what I rely upon. Because in the stress of the moment, misses you would never miss under calm conditions happen and if there are multiple assailants, that single stack magazine or cylinder of a revolver can go empty pretty quick. To quote Paul Gomez, "More rounds in gun means more time in fight!" Sounds impressive. I hope that you never have to use it. And since I don't own a firearm, I hope I never wish I had one!
January 29, 201511 yr Sounds impressive. I hope that you never have to use it. And since I don't own a firearm, I hope I never wish I had one! Just be careful hitting into the group in front of you from the forward tees. Bert might be in that group.
January 29, 201511 yr Just be careful hitting into the group in front of you from the forward tees. Bert might be in that group. :lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:
January 29, 201511 yr Sounds impressive. Actually the Kimber 1911 is more impressive looking, the Glock is must more utilitarian. I hope that you never have to use it. And since I don't own a firearm, I hope I never wish I had one! I no longer work in one of the highest crime parts of Louisville so I probably never will need it. I look at it like the fire extinguishers in my place. I will probably never need them but, needing them and not having them is a really bad predicament to be in.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.