Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Buying a used Iphone 6 plus ?

Featured Replies

  • Author

How much is the contract ? Just curious .

  • Replies 42
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How much is the contract ? Just curious .

 

Ours is something like $70 a line, but that's with a pretty significant data package.

How much is the contract ? Just curious .

 

We have two phones, unlimited data, text...$160/month.

Who is the carrier? If it's AT&T then it doesn't matter if she has a contract or not. The phone is yours.

 

Only problem I see sometimes are with people selling phones to someone then they report it stolen.

 

I say have her meet you at the store of the carrier and make sure all is good and then have them notate the account. After that you should be fine.

I guess that begs the question, why buy one without a contract? With a contract my wife got one for $300. Seems like a $700 savings is worth it. :idunno:

 

It all depends on how long you intend to keep the phone. If you buy the phone, you get up to a $25 discount on your plan as the difference in the cost of the phone and what you are paying with that contract is placed into your bill. The carrier doesn't just eat the difference in cost. For example, my 3GS that I bought for $200 years ago with a contract has costed me over $1500. Had I known then what I know now, I would've bought the phone outright as I'm not the type to change every year or 2.

It all depends on how long you intend to keep the phone. If you buy the phone, you get up to a $25 discount on your plan as the difference in the cost of the phone and what you are paying with that contract is placed into your bill. The carrier doesn't just eat the difference in cost. For example, my 3GS that I bought for $200 years ago with a contract has costed me over $1500. Had I known then what I know now, I would've bought the phone outright as I'm not the type to change every year or 2.

 

That's not totally accurate because here this past year is when carriers started offering the $25 discount when out of contract.

 

Old style plans didn't fluctuate based on if you did a contract or not so back when the 3GS first came out it probably wasn't like that.

 

 

Now today it's similar to you're example though.

  • Author

My wife said the people at ATT said the warranty is not transferable , if anything goes bad , then my son would have to go thru the seller to use the warranty -- That didnt sound right to me , I'd think you could go into ATT and have it changed .

Girl is selling it on an internet flea market type site. Says she needs funds to make car payment . She says she has receipt , bout 1-2 weeks ago. The phone is for my son , he says with the proof of purchase that all should be OK , but I dont like dropping 700 bucks on used electronics , but I do like the idea of buying outright and saving 200-300 bucks . Its a 128 GB silver .

One question one of my employees brought up is if she under contract and defaults they can lock that phone , that sound correct ? Comments ? Prob " Don't do it " ?

 

So she bought the phone outright 2 weeks ago, and now needs to sell it to make a car payment, that I'm fairly certain she had two weeks ago ans knew would be due soon. Hmmmmm....I guess it's plausible, but seems fishy to me. Like the others have said, I'd have her meet you at the store so you can be sure everything is on the up and up.

 

Sprint has an easy pay program where you pay for the phone over 24 months. There is no contract, you can pay the phone off at anytime, and upgrade once the phone is paid for. You can always sell the phone off after paying it off to subsidize your new phone when you are ready to upgrade. And sprints Data plans are reasonable, provide lots of data, and their service is much improved.

My wife said the people at ATT said the warranty is not transferable , if anything goes bad , then my son would have to go thru the seller to use the warranty -- That didnt sound right to me , I'd think you could go into ATT and have it changed .

 

Iphone warranties go through Apple not AT&T.

My wife said the people at ATT said the warranty is not transferable , if anything goes bad , then my son would have to go thru the seller to use the warranty -- That didnt sound right to me , I'd think you could go into ATT and have it changed .

 

You need to run from this one.

 

Your son needs to suck it up and be grateful there are plenty of reasonable priced phones out there.

You need to run from this one.

 

Your son needs to suck it up and be grateful there are plenty of reasonable priced phones out there.

 

This...

  • Author

Grateful and my son ? -- ah ' its a work in progress . Much progress has been made but still yet , he's 21 .

  • Author

I should add he relies on a good phone to do much work . Real Estate agent .

Looks like we have almost come full circle.

  • Author

I'm not following you guru , what do you mean ?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.