Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Buying a used Iphone 6 plus ?

Featured Replies

Girl is selling it on an internet flea market type site. Says she needs funds to make car payment . She says she has receipt , bout 1-2 weeks ago. The phone is for my son , he says with the proof of purchase that all should be OK , but I dont like dropping 700 bucks on used electronics , but I do like the idea of buying outright and saving 200-300 bucks . Its a 128 GB silver .

One question one of my employees brought up is if she under contract and defaults they can lock that phone , that sound correct ? Comments ? Prob " Don't do it " ?

  • Replies 42
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ugh...I wouldn't do it. Sounds suspicious.

I'm always skeptical, so I say don't do it. That's too much money to throw away, assuming a worst case scenario type thing happens.

I'm always skeptical, so I say don't do it. That's too much money to throw away, assuming a worst case scenario type thing happens.

Just make her meet you at the store (Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, etc.) and make sure you can activate it on your account before you give her the money. Done it a few times, all sides are covered at that point. Easy.

Can't you get a brand new one for cheaper than $700?
I would assume not off contract.
Can't you get a brand new one for cheaper than $700?

 

They are $999 to buy a new one out right, no contract.

Just make her meet you at the store (Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, etc.) and make sure you can activate it on your account before you give her the money. Done it a few times, all sides are covered at that point. Easy.

 

This.

I would assume not off contract.

 

They are $999 to buy a new one out right, no contract.

 

I guess that begs the question, why buy one without a contract? With a contract my wife got one for $300. Seems like a $700 savings is worth it. :idunno:

  • Author

tHERE ISNT ANY IPHONE 6'S OUT there for 300 bucks .

tHERE ISNT ANY IPHONE 6'S OUT there for 300 bucks .

 

My wife just bought one about a month and a half ago. I know the cost because I paid for it. It was $300 with a 2 year contract.

Some people don't want to be tied to a contract. Or a carrier for that matter. It's fairly common actually.

I guess that begs the question, why buy one without a contract? With a contract my wife got one for $300. Seems like a $700 savings is worth it. :idunno:

The 6 plus 128GB is $499 with a 2 year contract.

  • Author

Ok , with a 2 year contract yes , they will give you a " deal" . I'm just talking buying the phone , already have a plan.

The 6 plus 128GB is $499 with a 2 year contract.

 

Ahh, there's the difference. She got the 6, not the plus. :thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.