AAU Teams

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not count Ellis and the Louisville Magic down for the count. Ellis still has strong connections and many of his former players and families would love to have him coach them again, especially in the 16U level. I would not expect to see a 17U team this late, but I am of the mind he will have a very competitive if not at the top tier of 16U teams in the state. Many may not share this opinion, but Ellis can coach top tier kids as you need not look any further than Snider & Russell which was just a few short seasons ago.

TBC Elite is usually a competitive group. I think this will be their last year together though as I think they made the vow with their core players when they started as a 13U team that they would only do it for 4 years, and this would be it as 17U.

I'll try to get a schedule and roster from my buddy though.

Anyone else have rosters for the other teams mentioned?

I know some teams have tryouts. Does anyone know if these teams have or are having tryouts?

The Shinning Stars is starting a KY division at the high school level and will have tryouts in March I believe. I know they have a coach coming from western Ky area and bringing some kids with him that are D1/D2 talent to go along with some of the better U17 NKY kids. Rumor is Ohmer is going to play up with that group.

I haven't been involved with spring summer basketball for a couple of years so I am not sure about all the teams out there now, although I still do some things with FIBA. In NKY I have always liked the NKY Bulldogs, and if I didn't coach/start a team up again, my kids would play for that team, I really like how they run their teams.

Is it true that Goodin will be playing with the Travelers? Or is that just rumor?

I would suggest several players such as Q want to focus on high school season before any final decisions are made about who they will play with in elite travel ball during the spring and summer NCAA certified event periods. Problem is teams would love to have firm commitments well in advance of the HS season ending. Each player and family is different, some like to get it over while others delay their decision. Until you see a player themselves make some statement through social media or a reputable scouting service report it after hearing directly from the player then I would not consider it as 100% certain. Even then they could change their mind.