January 14, 201511 yr Man, some of you are so happy... :lol2: I'd venture some are more happy about this, than UK's performance. :lol2:
January 14, 201511 yr PP92 needs a hug.....Hoops5 where are you? Now what I think Duke's problem is, is they are only as good in games as Okafor is. If he is having a good game the team seems to thrive, if he is having a mediocre game they are in trouble. There just doesn't seem to be anyone else there to pick up the slack. Now I admit I haven't watched a lot of them this year, but I did watch good portions of their two losses and it just doesn't seem that they have anyone that is stepping up. You do know Okafor had 23 points, 12 rebounds, 3 steals and 3 blocks against North Carolina State? He had 15 points and 15 rebounds against Miami last night. If those aren't good games from Okafor then I can't wait to see what qualifies as good games from Okafor. The problem with Duke is that in the last two games they've gotten incredibly mediocre performances from Tyus Jones, Matt Jones(who recently joined the starting lineup) and Rasheed Sulaimon. Having watching most of these last two losses it's easy to see where the problem is recently. What has been a strength for them all season long....above average defense from the guards along with consistently efficient offense from the guards turned to crap in the last 5 days. That's what has happened. You did admit that you haven't watched the games so I'll give you a pass on your analysis as to why Duke sucks now.
January 14, 201511 yr You do know Okafor had 23 points, 12 rebounds, 3 steals and 3 blocks against North Carolina State? He had 15 points and 15 rebounds against Miami last night. If those aren't good games from Okafor then I can't wait to see what qualifies as good games from Okafor. The problem with Duke is that in the last two games they've gotten incredibly mediocre performances from Tyus Jones, Matt Jones(who recently joined the starting lineup) and Rasheed Sulaimon. Having watching most of these last two losses it's easy to see where the problem is recently. What has been a strength for them all season long....above average defense from the guards along with consistently efficient offense from the guards turned to crap in the last 5 days. That's what has happened. You did admit that you hven't watched the games so I'll give you a pass on your analysis as to why Duke sucks now. I haven't watched a lot of Duke and it was simply what I noticed. When Okafor was out in the NC State game Duke had no one that stepped up. I only watched 2nd half of that game on Sat. You can tell me, how did they do when he was on the bench? Okafor is hands down and it's not even close imo, the player of the year and he will win every award you can think of. Without him on the floor though they just don't have anyone stepping up the last 2 games. Plumlee is definitely not close to his brothers imo. Their rebounding last night was pathetic and you are right, their defense really needs work.
January 14, 201511 yr I haven't watched a lot of Duke and it was simply what I noticed. When Okafor was out in the NC State game Duke had no one that stepped up. I only watched 2nd half of that game on Sat. You can tell me, how did they do when he was on the bench? I'm not disagreeing with you. Nobody has stepped up. I pretty much said what you said and even told you who needs to step up except in your post you said "Now what I think Duke's problem is, is they are only as good in games as Okafor is. If he is having a good game the team seems to thrive, if he is having a mediocre game they are in trouble." What I am saying is that he played good in his last two games so that doesn't make sense to me when you say "if he is having a mediocre game they are in trouble". I thought he played well the last two games. It's the guards that sucked.
January 14, 201511 yr Their past two games, Duke's opponents have shot 51% and 62% from behind the arc. That isn't likely to continue... That doesn't necessarily explain last night's loss, but IMO it certainly explains the loss to NCST.
January 14, 201511 yr I'm not disagreeing with you. Nobody has stepped up. I pretty much said what you said and even told you who needs to step up except in your post you said "Now what I think Duke's problem is, is they are only as good in games as Okafor is. If he is having a good game the team seems to thrive, if he is having a mediocre game they are in trouble." What I am saying is that he played good in his last two games so that doesn't make sense to me when you say "if he is having a mediocre game they are in trouble". I thought he played well the last two games. It's the guards that sucked. You are correct. I just haven't watched them enough. So Okafor is still playing great and you are right, what is happening then is there is no one else stepping up and that won't last forever, they will be fine, but in games where it's just Okafor it can be ugly as we just saw the last 2 games. Good luck the rest of the way. Maybe we shall meet in the tourney
January 14, 201511 yr You are correct. I just haven't watched them enough. So Okafor is still playing great and you are right, what is happening then is there is no one else stepping up and that won't last forever, they will be fine, but in games where it's just Okafor it can be ugly as we just saw the last 2 games. Good luck the rest of the way. Maybe we shall meet in the tourney I doubt it. Duke sucks.
January 14, 201511 yr I doubt it. Duke sucks. I have to admit, I will never get tired of you saying that. If I'm having a bad day at work or the family is driving me in 1000 different directions, I will simply take a 2 minute break from life and log onto BGP and look up one of your Duke sucks posts. All is good in life
January 14, 201511 yr I'd venture some are more happy about this, than UK's performance. :lol2: :jump::popcorn::clap::popcorn::jump: You are a mind reader
January 14, 201511 yr After losing these last two games, with the schedule they have ahead of them home and away, they could easily lose 9-10 games this season.
January 14, 201511 yr Okay this makes me laugh....The Duke girl the camera showed crying at the end of last night's game has been all over Twitter and the internet. She's apparently contacted whomever was the first person/site to put it up and told them to take it down. :lol2: They told her no. :lol:
January 14, 201511 yr Okay this makes me laugh....The Duke girl the camera showed crying at the end of last night's game has been all over Twitter and the internet. She's apparently contacted whomever was the first person/site to put it up and told them to take it down. :lol2: They told her no. :lol: Here she is https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=AwrB8p0ysbZUmT8AiSqJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTIybjl2NmY5BHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZAMxZGMwZjIzNWUyMzEyNWJiYjJhYmE1OTg1OWMzYTcwNQRncG9zAzUEaXQDYmluZw--?.origin=&back=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dcrying%2Bduke%2Bgirl%26fr%3Dipad%26fr2%3Dpiv-web%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D5&w=600&h=450&imgurl=pbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FB7SHFYEIgAAc1rI.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fkentuckysportsradio.com%2Fbasketball-2%2Fcrying-duke-girl-wants-her-picture-taken-off-the-internet%2F&size=41.3KB&name=%3Cb%3ECrying+Duke+girl%3C%2Fb%3E+wants+her+picture+taken+off+the+internet+%7C+Kentucky+...&p=crying+duke+girl&oid=1dc0f235e23125bbb2aba59859c3a705&fr2=piv-web&fr=ipad&tt=%3Cb%3ECrying+Duke+girl%3C%2Fb%3E+wants+her+picture+taken+off+the+internet+%7C+Kentucky+...&b=0&ni=21&no=5&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=136n824s2&sigb=135j9p0hk&sigi=11715deb1&sigt=12fr9hquh&sign=12fr9hquh&.crumb=tvyE1YyzQop&fr=ipad&fr2=piv-web
January 14, 201511 yr What I find curious is, there are three pages about Duke losing. Duke lost, nuff said..... #GoCats :) :)
January 14, 201511 yr Surely not the team that Eastern Kentucky University beat 72 to 44 last month in Miami is it? So if Eastern wins at Miami by 28...and Miami wins at Duke by 16...then EKU would be favored at Duke by.... Nah.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.