Will UC make the NCAA Tournament?

JamesWilliamscat

Loved what Jerry Palm had to say about the bearcats. there RPI and SOS will start taking hits because of the teams they will be playing over the next few games, not to mention uc's best win was @ NC State who at this point isn't in the NCAA Tour. uc will need to get a few more quality wins away from home, like SMU, Temple, Tulsa, Tulane etc. Yes, uc is in right now, but the up coming sch. at home, isn't going to help there cause very much. uc will have to win some quality games away from home in order to stay in the NCAA conversation. The major thing hurting ALL the American conf. teams is this conf. overall ranking, which is around the 9th best Conf. in the country, which hurts teams come NCAA Tour. time. Teams finishing 1 or 2 in this conf, most likely will be fine, should you start finishing below that, worry will have to start setting in about making the dance. :thumb:

You're still hanging on to this, even when it's been pointed out that UC has already beaten two teams with a higher RPI than NC State?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're still hanging on to this, even when it's been pointed out that UC has already beaten two teams with a higher RPI than NC State?

I'm with Jerry Palm, one GOOD ROAD win. If you want to pound your chest about San St. and SMU wins at home, go ahead, but neither of those teams are locks for the Tour either. Plus both wins came at home, games you should win. :eek: uc still has work to do, yet some of you guys act like they are already a lock for the NCAA tour.

I'm with Jerry Palm, one GOOD ROAD win. If you want to pound your chest about San St. and SMU wins at home, go ahead, but neither of those teams are locks for the Tour either. Plus both wins came at home, games you should win. :eek: uc still has work to do, yet some of you guys act like they are already a lock for the NCAA tour.

You've gone from "NIT Bound" to "has some work to do" in a short period of time... How many times are you going to change your tune in this thread?

You've gone from "NIT Bound" to "has some work to do" in a short period of time... How many times are you going to change your tune in this thread?

? I still don't think this team is going to the NCAA Tour, you act like they are a lock. BTW how'd your Cards do against :puke: on Sat? :laugh: BTW the "work to do" is from Jerry Palm, not myself. Yes NIT bound is where I believe the bearcats are headed. :thumb:

? I still don't think this team is going to the NCAA Tour, you act like they are a lock. BTW how'd your Cards do against :puke: on Sat? :laugh: BTW the "work to do" is from Jerry Palm, not myself. Yes NIT bound is where I believe the bearcats are headed. :thumb:

This is quality stuff. Keep it up. :lol2:

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, they are still in. Can't afford a bad loss now, and beating Tulsa would be gravy, but no way them and their 5 Top 50 wins will be left out barring the wheels coming completely off.

So let me get this straight, UC with 5 top 50 wins is in barring a collapse, but LSU "only" has 5 top 50 wins and that's not enough to get them in? :D

So let me get this straight, UC with 5 top 50 wins is in barring a collapse, but LSU "only" has 5 top 50 wins and that's not enough to get them in? :D

Well, don't forget the 15-20 point gap in RPI and a SOS about 25 spots tougher.

I appreciate your loyalty to the Tigers, you should attend their NIT game vs Kansas St.

• 2 weeks later...
No kidding.

LSU still isn't getting in. :greyalien:

Are you saying if the season ended today they aren't in, or are you speculating on what they will do on Saturday, and the SEC tournament? Did the home loss to Tennessee knock them out in your opinion?