Will UC make the NCAA Tournament?

JamesWilliamscat

Your comment had me go check SMU's schedule. I don't see anything jumping out at me that says they'll be in the top 25 RPI at year end.

What am I missing?

A) it is 20 now.

B) their OOC SOS will end up in the top 20, and many of those opponents will rack up a lot of wins down the stretch.

C) they have 5 top 60 opponents left, 3 of them at home.

D) unless they lay some eggs, their RPI isn't going to drop much.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Understandable.. For some reason I thought they were with Nike, not sure why I thought that. Were they with Nike in the past?

They were Jordan Brand/Nike back during the peak of the Huggs years. Left for Adidas 8 years ago for a lot more money...

Loved what Jerry Palm had to say about the bearcats. there RPI and SOS will start taking hits because of the teams they will be playing over the next few games, not to mention uc's best win was @ NC State who at this point isn't in the NCAA Tour. uc will need to get a few more quality wins away from home, like SMU, Temple, Tulsa, Tulane etc. Yes, uc is in right now, but the up coming sch. at home, isn't going to help there cause very much. uc will have to win some quality games away from home in order to stay in the NCAA conversation. The major thing hurting ALL the American conf. teams is this conf. overall ranking, which is around the 9th best Conf. in the country, which hurts teams come NCAA Tour. time. Teams finishing 1 or 2 in this conf, most likely will be fine, should you start finishing below that, worry will have to start setting in about making the dance. :thumb: