Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes 79 Western 30

Featured Replies

  • Replies 146
  • Views 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Holmes (16-0) - Parker 2 1 6, Mayes 2 2 7, Harris 4 3 11, Tubbs 7 4 23, Gulley 3 0 6, Stovall 3 0 6, Englemon 6 1 14, Keith 2 0 4, Henry 1 0 2. Totals: 30 11 79.

Louisville Western (6-4) - Brooks 3 1 7, Love 4 0 8, Anderson 3 3 10, Rhodes 1 1 3, Stikes 1 0 2. Totals: 12 5 30.

Halftime: Holmes 63-18. 3-pointers: H 8 (Tubbs 5, Parker, Mayes, Englemon); LW (Anderson).

63 points in first half. We'll see in the next two-three weeks -- with games against the top teams in the 9th -- just how good this undefeated team is. So far, though, very impressive. Next game Fri vs. Notre Dame at home.

Congratulations to the Lady Bulldogs who are on one heck of a roll this year...it's great to see a NKY team ranked so high in the state as well! I think the 9th region tournament this year will be a showcase of talent!

Congratulations to the Lady Bulldogs who are on one heck of a roll this year...it's great to see a NKY team ranked so high in the state as well! I think the 9th region tournament this year will be a showcase of talent!

 

the western game should prepare them for a tough tournament?:no:

What i'm not understanding is why the girls never get credit for winning it's always something negative coming from people. Thanks HardWoodFan for the support

I have to agree TNT ..... I can say that I am very impressed with Holmes. I put them at the top in nky. Sk is a close second and wished these two played each other. Highlands is my 3rd pick with hc 4th. Hc should he all the parts but seems to be struggling with the expectations. Sk is just rolling right now and that bodes well for them as they seemed to be gelling nicely after their first 4 or 5 games. I'm still struggling with highlands, their schedule makes it hard for me to see how good they are. I've only seen them once so hard for me to really judge them but I think Holmes runs away against highlands or hc

I have to agree TNT ..... I can say that I am very impressed with Holmes. I put them at the top in nky. Sk is a close second and wished these two played each other. Highlands is my 3rd pick with hc 4th. Hc should he all the parts but seems to be struggling with the expectations. Sk is just rolling right now and that bodes well for them as they seemed to be gelling nicely after their first 4 or 5 games. I'm still struggling with highlands, their schedule makes it hard for me to see how good they are. I've only seen them once so hard for me to really judge them but I think Holmes runs away against highlands or hc

 

Tell us why you think they would run away from hhs.

What i'm not understanding is why the girls never get credit for winning it's always something negative coming from people. Thanks HardWoodFan for the support

 

16-0 is all that needs to be said. They sound pretty good to me.

  • Author
Tell us why you think they would run away from hhs.

 

Don't know much about this years Highlands team, but I know A lot about this Holmes team. A much better Lady Bulldogs team with the addition of Tubbs , Mays and Johnson and 4 returning starters. Won by 1 over Highlands last year on a last second 3 by Harris. This team is far superior then last years team. The strengths of this team that I don't think Highland will be able to over come are defensive pressure and depth. Quick subs allow Holmes to get after the ball for the duration of the game. Also perimeter shooting is much improved from last years team.

Don't know much about this years Highlands team, but I know A lot about this Holmes team. A much better Lady Bulldogs team with the addition of Tubbs , Mays and Johnson and 4 returning starters. Won by 1 over Highlands last year on a last second 3 by Harris. This team is far superior then last years team. The strengths of this team that I don't think Highland will be able to over come are defensive pressure and depth. Quick subs allow Holmes to get after the ball for the duration of the game. Also perimeter shooting is much improved from last years team.

 

And you don't think hhs has improved?

 

First, I need to get the draft date from ya, because I need to get our coaches working on additions!

 

HHS will be nothing like any team the Bulldogs have played. 7 very experienced ball handlers and 7 shooters, including the bigs. Because of spacing and poise, pressure does not effect the birds very much. They actually do VERY well against teams that pressure and trap because they do a great job of making you pay (usually with a 3) when you take chances. They don't dribble much and they are very bball intelligent.

 

I have no idea who will win, but anyone that thinks Holmes would run away from HHS has not seen them enough. It won't happen.

 

And for someone to say our schedule has been weak compared to either SK or Holmes...please show me how theirs is better. Please keep in mind that we have to play Dayton and Bellevue. So remove them and tell me why Holmes is so much better. And please don't go with "margin of victory" cause we all know why thats the way it is.

legit question? What team had highlands played that is close to being as deep and athletic as Holmes ?

levit question? What team had highlands played that is close to being as deep and athletic as Holmes ?

 

Henry clay. What team has Holmes played that is a diverse and as experienced as HHS?

I don't know. I've seen both play and to take steal from coach cal " I'll take athleticism over experience every time".

 

Holmes is playing on another level. Just my observations not ripping highlands at all

Henry clay. What team has Holmes played that is a diverse and as experienced as HHS?

 

Do me a favor and research Fleming County, Graves County and GRC just to start...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.