Holmes 79 Western 30

You asked a question and then attempt to break the response down to fit your argument! Man you are exhausting!!

AMEN! Unless you are a like minded bird-o-phile, you cannot have meaningful interaction! He always communicates with an agenda to put your program down.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree TNT ..... I can say that I am very impressed with Holmes. I put them at the top in nky. Sk is a close second and wished these two played each other. Highlands is my 3rd pick with hc 4th. Hc should he all the parts but seems to be struggling with the expectations. Sk is just rolling right now and that bodes well for them as they seemed to be gelling nicely after their first 4 or 5 games. I'm still struggling with highlands, their schedule makes it hard for me to see how good they are. I've only seen them once so hard for me to really judge them but I think Holmes runs away against highlands or hc

Tell us why you think they would run away from hhs.

AMEN! Unless you are a like minded bird-o-phile, you cannot have meaningful interaction! He always communicates with an agenda to put your program down.

:no:

I think you're mis-interpreting. I don't see any comments where he's putting Holmes down or stating that Highlands is better. Seems like he's just asked a lot of questions and people are reading in to it that he doesn't like/respect Holmes.

In my opinion some posters need to grow thicker skin and not be so sensitive.

You asked a question and then attempt to break the response down to fit your argument! Man you are exhausting!!

No. You made a statement that maybe the total points being 200 more has something to do with why Holmes would be consider a favorite. I said, "no, you can't use that because of two different styles of game management" Someone else mentioned that Holmes doesn't play their starters in the second half of blowouts and that all those numbers come in the first half. Well if that's true, if we knew the minutes played in the blow out games, it would be an easy answer right. We would see no more than 16 minutes for any starter and that would be if all starters played every minute of the first half. So easy to see with data. My point from the beginning when you made the statement was...if you're starters are left in longer and are pressing and trapping much longer than someone elses team, then obviously they are going to score more points total on the season and per game. That doesn't make sense?? It doesn't matter when the points are scored. Its not a bad thing on either side. I only mentioned the minutes to prove to you that total points are useless guage when one teams starters log many more minutes in blowouts than the others teams. And again, that's nothing against Holmes. They chose to leave then in and HHS and others chose not to. The total minutes for both teams would definitely shed light on why one team scores more than the other. You don't agree with that? Doesn't matter when they played. If HHS's starters played the same amount of minutes and trapped and pressed as long as Holmes, they would be exactly where Holmes is in total number. But they don't. AGAIN...nothing wrong with either strategy. But then you can't compare numbers...It's apples to oranges.

Wrong again! It's amazing how often you are incorrect! Defensive group today.

I have no dog in this fight and have enjoyed the bantering. With all that is being said, I thought it might be fun to just do a little research and see how the "big 3" of the 9th match up to this point.

According to Maxpreps, Holmes is ranked #2, Highlands #12 and Holy Cross #14 in the state.

In today's H-L, the Cantrall ratings have Holmes at 84.3, Highlands at 80.8 and Holy Cross at 76.6.

Some breakdowns (using Cantrall ratings):

Holmes: 16-0. Opponents combined record is 124-93 and their in-state opponents have an average Cantrall rating of 60.8

Highlands: 13-1. Opponents combined record is 105-98 and their in-state opponents have an average Cantrall rating of 59.2

Holy Cross: 11-3. Opponents combined record is 132-72 and their in-state opponents have an average Cantrall rating of 65.6.

Holmes is averaging 69.8 ppg while giving up 34.9 ppg. They have a team FG % of 40.7%; 3 pt FG% of 29.2% and FT% of 64.6%

Highlands is averaging 63.5 ppg while giving up 39.5 ppg. They have a team FG% of 44.6%, 3 pt FG% of 35.7% and FT% of 68.4%.

Holy Cross is averaging 57.9 ppg while giving up 41.5 ppg. Can't really establish good shooting percentages since they have only loaded stats for 6 of their 14 games played.

All three teams are very solid (yes, I have watched all 3 multiple times this season). When they get together and play, I think it will all come down to who can adapt in game with how the officials let the game play out and how the coaches adjust to what each other tries to take away and impose on the opponent during the game. I would look for all of the games to be highly competitive. However, this is girls basketball and sometimes strange things happen and blow-outs could occur.

I have no dog in this fight and have enjoyed the bantering. With all that is being said, I thought it might be fun to just do a little research and see how the "big 3" of the 9th match up to this point.

According to Maxpreps, Holmes is ranked #2, Highlands #12 and Holy Cross #14 in the state.

In today's H-L, the Cantrall ratings have Holmes at 84.3, Highlands at 80.8 and Holy Cross at 76.6.

Some breakdowns (using Cantrall ratings):

Holmes: 16-0. Opponents combined record is 124-93 and their in-state opponents have an average Cantrall rating of 60.8

Highlands: 13-1. Opponents combined record is 105-98 and their in-state opponents have an average Cantrall rating of 59.2

Holy Cross: 11-3. Opponents combined record is 132-72 and their in-state opponents have an average Cantrall rating of 65.6.

Holmes is averaging 69.8 ppg while giving up 34.9 ppg. They have a team FG % of 40.7%; 3 pt FG% of 29.2% and FT% of 64.6%

Highlands is averaging 63.5 ppg while giving up 39.5 ppg. They have a team FG% of 44.6%, 3 pt FG% of 35.7% and FT% of 68.4%.

Holy Cross is averaging 57.9 ppg while giving up 41.5 ppg. Can't really establish good shooting percentages since they have only loaded stats for 6 of their 14 games played.

All three teams are very solid (yes, I have watched all 3 multiple times this season). When they get together and play, I think it will all come down to who can adapt in game with how the officials let the game play out and how the coaches adjust to what each other tries to take away and impose on the opponent during the game. I would look for all of the games to be highly competitive. However, this is girls basketball and sometimes strange things happen and blow-outs could occur.

Exactly! Well done!

:no:

I think you're mis-interpreting. I don't see any comments where he's putting Holmes down or stating that Highlands is better. Seems like he's just asked a lot of questions and people are reading in to it that he doesn't like/respect Holmes.

In my opinion some posters need to grow thicker skin and not be so sensitive.[/QUOTe]

Soccer dummy stated his opinion and RCC9 hit on it.... He said he is struggling with Highlands schedule and it makes it hard for him to judge how good they were! valid point correct? He said he only seen them once but he thinks Holmes runs away with it! So RCC9 ask why he felt that way?? He already stated that!!!! mind numbing stuff here!! And speculating on how and when Holmes gets their points doesn't change the fact that they get them and have left countless more on the table but that's speculation!! Which is what RCC9 Is speaking when he says if Highlands managed the game the same way and played starters for same minutes they would score just as much!! All speculation not facts! I presented real numbers but were reduced to speculation....It's cool!! just not facts! Numbers don't lie! Thanks for the post jakeandabby it was fact based and I like that!

Soccer dummy stated his opinion and RCC9 hit on it.... He said he is struggling with Highlands schedule and it makes it hard for him to judge how good they were! valid point correct? He said he only seen them once but he thinks Holmes runs away with it! So RCC9 ask why he felt that way?? He already stated that!!!! mind numbing stuff here!! And speculating on how and when Holmes gets their points doesn't change the fact that they get them and have left countless more on the table but that's speculation!! Which is what RCC9 Is speaking when he says if Highlands managed the game the same way and played starters for same minutes they would score just as much!! All speculation not facts! I presented real numbers but were reduced to speculation....It's cool!! just not facts! Numbers don't lie! Thanks for the post jakeandabby it was fact based and I like that!

...and those facts tell us that none of those teams should run away from the other.

And soccer dummy did state that he's not sure what to think about HHS because of the schedule. And that's completely fair. That statement answers why he's not sure about hhs. But then the second statement comes where he feels Holmes would run away from HHS and provides no explanation. That's the question I asked. If he's not sure about HHS, then what makes him think they would run away with it? Again, fill in the blanks for me. Two different statements. One was answered.

Numbers don't lie! !

Last comment from me. This is RCC99's deal and he can take care of himself.

Numbers may not lie, but they can be twisted to support differing points of view.

The good thing is it will all play out on the court at some point over the next two months.