Holmes 79 Western 30

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

our girls put up 63 in the first half and only 16 the second half. What reason would account for the decline in scoring other then our reserves playing the second half?

No idea, but know for a fact the starters were in in the middle and near the end of the 4th qtr up 33-37 points.

Not talking about those girls.

Then who do you want to see get some minutes?? This team scores fast and in bunches I'm sure your sources told you that! Second half scoring has not been an issue for our opponents! It's that first half thst get's them!!!

Then who do you want to see get some minutes?? This team scores fast and in bunches I'm sure your sources told you that! Second half scoring has not been an issue for our opponents! It's that first half thst get's them!!!

Then just answer...when were the starters pulled against Beechwood.

Sounds like you know better than I would!

And to be honest your not complaining about starters your complaining about the first 8 who work hard in practice everyday and deserve to be rewarded with game time!! They can't just practice and not play! Who do you want to see develop?? there isn't exactly a bunch of up and coming talent behind these 8!

I don't think it's the fans you have a problem with! In a previous thread RCC9 asked a question he was told Holmes was 20 pts. better than HC?? Why is it ok for you to pose this question which no Holmes parent or fan bit on to then taking offense when someone else made the same statement pertaining to Holmes vs. Highlands?? No Holmes fan jumped out of their seats to respond to either??

You are right. It's not the Holmes Fans. It's you and a few other posters on this site that have very little knowledge of basketball, let alone girl's high school basketball.

A few years back, my daughter was caught up in a conversation (cat fight) on facebook with a group of girl's from another school. All girl's involved were boasting how they were better at basketball, their middle school team would kick their butt etc. And then it started getting personal. When I saw this conversation, I explained to my daughter that this is not good sportsmanship and you never put down someone's else's game or brag about how good you are. I think she got the point when her internet use was removed for 1 month.

My point is, when you are constantly bragging about your self, your team and/or your child, people start to dislike you, your team and pick apart your child's game. You become that parent that no one wants to sit beside at games. People start picking out every flaw in your team and players because of the constant boasting. Eventually, no matter how good your child is, they will be known as the player with the pain in the butt parent. Maybe, you should jut post scores and stay quite for a bit. Your team will speak for themselves.

From now on i will just post the Lady Dawgs first half scores since we are accused of running up the score

I'm not. I'm just saying there are reason's you can't use differential in scores when comparing teams. Some teams get up and sub very early and stop the pressure very early. Other teams press, trap and keep kids in much longer. Just two different ways to manage the game. Not saying one is right or wrong. I'm saying, there is a reason they score more points. HHS could have VERY easily scored WAY more points if they wanted to. They have a staff the prefers one way of playing and Holmes has another way. Neither is wrong, but for sake of argument when saying one team is better because they've scored more points...well that's just not a solid argument.

And to be honest your not complaining about starters your complaining about the first 8 who work hard in practice everyday and deserve to be rewarded with game time!! They can't just practice and not play! Who do you want to see develop?? there isn't exactly a bunch of up and coming talent behind these 8!

Nope Starters.

Bud just not sure there is anything you or I can do about playing time?!?! You clearly have a problem with it not me!

Again, could care less about the playing time. I'm saying you can't use "points scored" to differentiate two teams with completely different styles of managing games. When starters stay in games longer and apply pressure longer than the team you are comparing them to, you can't say "well we've scored more points, therefore, there's your answer on who would win!" I don't care if those points came in the first qtr or the last. When games are managed differently, you can't compare points. Again, it makes no difference to me what they do until you want to compare how many points they scored. Then there is an explanation as to why.

Again, could care less about the playing time. I'm saying you can't use "points scored" to differentiate two teams with completely different styles of managing games. When starters stay in games longer and apply pressure longer than the team you are comparing them to, you can't say "well we've scored more points, therefore, there's your answer on who would win!" I don't care if those points came in the first qtr or the last. When games are managed differently, you can't compare points. Again, it makes no difference to me what they do until you want to compare how many points they scored. Then there is an explanation as to why.

I clearly see your on one today! And if points for don't matter to you then oppg. dont either?