Holmes 79 Western 30

This was a joke. I know Holmes isn't cancelling! Not sure what you mean by the nephews comment though. Lost me there. I'm trying to keep up!

It was a joke you know how some people say the home team come with their own refs

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Bulldogs fan and for one dont think we will run away with the game against HHS or HC. If you combine the margin of victory from the game from last year I believe it was no more than 10 points total for the three games. HHS lost by one witha desperation last second shot. And the Dawgs split with HC. So to be truthful I dont see this years games margin of victory being any different no matter who wins.

Highlands was not brought into the discussion by a Highlands person! I just asked a question on how they know they are that much better than HHS. That's all I'm asking from the beginning. How do they know they are better than HHS?

Never said it was you who brought them in to this. :thumb:

Again the resumes are not all that similar this Holmes team won six games in a row on the road sleeping in hotels and living out of suitcases without the luxury of fans or loved ones attending the games!!!

And traveling might make you a little tired, but the results and teams were the same. The teams they played while traveling would go into the construction of the resume. Since when does traveling have anything to do with what we evaluate as the results on the floor. Their body of work is considered stronger because they chose to travel? I don't get that at all. And the teams they played when they traveled, how will do they compare to the top 6-7 teams in the 9th? I'm not here to argue. I asked a simple question. Traveling has very little (if anything) to do with a team's overall body of work and definitely doesn't create a huge "difference maker". If a team is traveling to play elite talent, such as Etown does, then that's a different story. But you're saying Holmes' resume is much better because HHS didn't travel somewhere to play? When they have actually played just about as many out of town teams as Holmes. I call that smart!

Honestly, I love this stuff and it's the reason that whoever wins the 9th will be prepared for a run. We are lucky enough to have some VERY good teams this year and it's a shame all of the top teams can't advance because I feel they would all do damage this year. But it's going to be a fun regional tournament!!

So the lady birds don't have a competitive edge at home?? Where a team plays their games dint matter?? Traveling out of their comfort zone and being away from home has no bearing on teenage girls and winning in those conditions doesn't factor in?? I bet had Holmes played in the fort last year you might have expected different results!

Yeeeeeehaaawwwwwwww! Okay, you're right. We quit! Cause no one has tried that for the last two years! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa

No one has tried to what? play hardcore defense? I am pretty sure that I can say I have seen a few teams put pressure on them, and they struggled handling the pressure

No one has tried to what? play hardcore defense? I am pretty sure that I can say I have seen a few teams put pressure on them, and they struggled handling the pressure

Okay, then we quit! You win! We stink! All these stupid coaches around the state put us in the top ten. Those silly guys! They must really just like our staff! .

We average 7 TO's a game...for the season. And that's even up a little. You can say all you want. I know where you're bball knowledge level is. You talked about who we might get a couple dribbles out of. Right there tells me what you know. What good ball handling team beats pressure by dribbling????

Too easy!!!

I agree RC99, traveling has nothing to do with the argument. Holmes missed out by not playing in that big tournament right down the road in Lexington before Xmas. Yea, that one, where top teams across the state come and play every December. It's Quality vs Quantity, it is that simple. I like what Notre Dame has done the last 2 years, stepping out and playing Sacred Heart, Male, Henderson Co, Assumption along with a few good out of state teams. That is quality my friends.

So the lady birds don't have a competitive edge at home?? Where a team plays their games dint matter?? Traveling out of their comfort zone and being away from home has no bearing on teenage girls and winning in those conditions doesn't factor in?? I bet had Holmes played in the fort last year you might have expected different results!

When you traveled, were you playing those teams on their home court? And just because we didn't go on a "trip" doesn't mean we didn't travel. Went to Sacred Heart on a Tuesday night during school. Went to Grant Co. Yes South Oldham's turn to come to us this year. We've only played 2 more home games than Holmes.

Of course not but the Lady Dawgs didn't lose on a neutral court either!?

One loss puts the resume out of reach? You went to OT with a team that turns out at the time was VERY average. Got beat by 30pts 3 days after playing Holmes. Which BTW...again was to a team that HHS beat by 20. We can play this all day. If a third party person looked at both teams schedules and you took out Dayton and Bellevue, I bet they would say so far they are pretty darn close. I'm not knocking Holmes' schedule. HHS' hasn't been great either because the teams they play every year are down a little this year. But you won't convince me Holmes' schedule is any better with the removal of Dayton and Bellevue from HHS.

One loss puts the resume out of reach? You went to OT with a team that turns out at the time was VERY average. Got beat by 30pts 3 days after playing Holmes. Which BTW...again was to a team that HHS beat by 20. We can play this all day. If a third party person looked at both teams schedules and you took out Dayton and Bellevue, I bet they would say so far they are pretty darn close. I'm not knocking Holmes' schedule. HHS' hasn't been great either because the teams they play every year are down a little this year. But you won't convince me Holmes' schedule is any better with the removal of Dayton and Bellevue from HHS.

Hey spin it however you like bud! You come watch us before you pass judgement! FYI we have not always played well in every game but managed just fine!

Hey spin it however you like bud! You come watch us before you pass judgement! FYI we have not always played well in every game but managed just fine!

Pass judgment??? This is where all you guys are getting it wrong. I have said nothing but good things about Holmes. Are you upset because I feel their schedule is no stronger than HHS at the moment. That has nothing to do with whether I think Holmes is a good team or not. I know they are. But their opponents (as a body of work) have not been any stronger than HHS. No spinning needed. There's nothing wrong with it and it has no reflection of how good I think Holmes is.

And we have not play great either and managed just fine too. A loss on a last second three in overtime is not much different than a double overtime win. So again, very similar. You're splitting hairs.