Holmes 79 Western 30

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do me a favor and research Fleming County, Graves County and GRC just to start...

I have.

Are you talking about GRC that is 9-6 with a 33 pt loss to Boyle (who HHS beat by 21) and a 18 pt loss to South Warren and a 42 point loss to Lewis Co who beat Camp Co by 9 and Brossart by 8.

And then Fleming co? The team that just loss by 10 to Scott and has another 20 loss on their schedule.

Graves may be decent...who knows. Outside of Holmes, the KY teams they have played are not on the top of the charts by any means and the out of state teams...well who knows?

Again, Holmes' schedule is not tougher than HHS' when you take Dayton and Bellevue off.

Not knocking Holmes at all. I have said plenty of times they are good. But to think they will "run away" from HHS is silly.

And you don't think hhs has improved?

First, I need to get the draft date from ya, because I need to get our coaches working on additions!

HHS will be nothing like any team the Bulldogs have played. 7 very experienced ball handlers and 7 shooters, including the bigs. Because of spacing and poise, pressure does not effect the birds very much. They actually do VERY well against teams that pressure and trap because they do a great job of making you pay (usually with a 3) when you take chances. They don't dribble much and they are very bball intelligent.

I have no idea who will win, but anyone that thinks Holmes would run away from HHS has not seen them enough. It won't happen.

And for someone to say our schedule has been weak compared to either SK or Holmes...please show me how theirs is better. Please keep in mind that we have to play Dayton and Bellevue. So remove them and tell me why Holmes is so much better. And please don't go with "margin of victory" cause we all know why thats the way it is.

What are you talking about? What 7 ballhandlers do you have? There's not one player that can handle any pressure. You get maybe 2 dribbles out of Graves, maybe 3 from Adler then what? You put hardcore defense on them and they are done.

I don't know. I've seen both play and to take steal from coach cal " I'll take athleticism over experience every time".

Holmes is playing on another level. Just my observations not ripping highlands at all

On another level against who? How do you know they are on another level? I know you're not knocking Highlands. I'm just asking why people feel they are on another level. We'll learn a lot about Holmes after Friday. It's much different when you start playing teams that take a lot of time to scout you and find your weaknesses that when playing teams that really don't have time nor care to spend time scouting you because the game is only one game to them.

Just answer this, how do you confidently know they are on another level? What gives you all that confidence. Just a discussion. I'm not knocking them either. They are very good.

What are you talking about? What 7 ballhandlers do you have? There's not one player that can handle any pressure. You get maybe 2 dribbles out of Graves, maybe 3 from Adler then what? You put hardcore defense on them and they are done.

Yeeeeeehaaawwwwwwww! Okay, you're right. We quit! Cause no one has tried that for the last two years! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa

Holmes has already proven the can play two different styles. Slowed down half court set (Boone and GRC) and fast pace up and down. ( everyone else they played) These girls are no one trick pony

I'm not saying they are. I know they are good and I'm not taking anything away from them. I'm saying anything you say about HHS not playing a team like HHS, Holmes has not played a team like HHS either. And HHS would love to run. They aren't a slow down team at all and they are very diverse.

Again, what game or team on the Holmes schedule makes you feel they are at another level and will run away from HHS.

Every team they have faced makes me feel like that. With the exception of 2 games none have been close. Are u telling me this is because Holmes has not played any quality teams? I refuse to believe that Holmes SOS is that terrible that none of the teams were quality

Every team they have faced makes me feel like that. With the exception of 2 games none have been close. Are u telling me this is because Holmes has not played any quality teams? I refuse to believe that Holmes SOS is that terrible that none of the teams were quality

I didn't say that. I said what game or games tell you they are doing as good as you feel and puts them "on another level". Because yes, they have not had very many close games, but whether you want to believe it or not, they have not played a strong schedule by any means. That's not a bad thing and it makes no difference really because they are taking care of business with the weak teams they are playing. HHS has done the same thing with the exception of a few as well. HHS doesn't win by the same margin...but we all know there's a reason for that. And it's totally fine. To each their own, but margin of victory should not have anything to do with it because two different coaches with two different philosophies.

RCC9 I think you spend a lot of time trying to convince yourself that these bulldogs aren't for real!! Until some one knocks em off they are the top Dawgs!!

No no no. I know they are. I'm saying they aren't at "another level" than HHS though. And they won't "run away" from HHS. I'm not taking ANYTHING away from them. I'm just saying it's silly to make those comments based on what they've done so far and what HHS has done. Very similar results. I haven't denied one time that Holmes isn't good or isn't a top team in the state. But so is HHS. If anything, those comments are saying HHS isn't for real!