Terrible Pile Up In Michigan

Clyde

Weather conditions sometimes sneak up on folks. If I don't know what I'm driving towards or on I'm driving slow. I've been criticized by females for driving "too cautious" When you drive for a living you know what to look for and how to not be the person getting video taped.

Weather conditions sometimes sneak up on folks. If I don't know what I'm driving towards or on I'm driving slow. I've been criticized by females for driving "too cautious" When you drive for a living you know what to look for and how to not be the person getting video taped.

That is the shocking part of this video. Many truckers who know what they are doing did not recognize the conditions.

That is the shocking part of this video. Many truckers who know what they are doing did not recognize the conditions.

I agree! too many in that video were driving way too fast for near white out conditions.

It does irritate me to see many people drive too slow in bad conditions, as that too can cause serious problems. But I also see a lot of people who drive in bad conditions just as they would if the road was bone dry and a nice summer day or night like there is no issues.

BINGO, says the FedEx Man

Terrible pile up and tragedy that could have been avoided/impact lessened with some common sense. SLOW DOWN with hazard lights on in white out conditions!!!

Here's an idea...... in the time this guy was videotaping, flares could have been located, and driven a 1/2 mile up the safe side of the interstate and thrown into the crash side of the interstate signaling folks to slow down. Prayers to all effected for healing and long term recovery!