Holmes 74 Madison Central 71

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holmes led 54-42 after three quarters. MC 3-point attempt with 1 second left missed the mark. Bolden, saddled by foul trouble, only played about 3 minutes of the 4th quarter before fouling out with 2 minutes to go, whch partially explains the Indians' strong comeback.

Holmes led 54-42 after three quarters. MC 3-point attempt with 1 second left missed the mark. Bolden, saddled by foul trouble, only played about 3 minutes of the 4th quarter before fouling out with 2 minutes to go, whch partially explains the Indians' strong comeback.

While Bolden did sit for some of the 4th, he played more than 3 minutes, picked up #5 with :34.1 remaining.

Bolden picked up 3 fouls in what seemed like only a minute of action. Bolden and Mclendon played really well. Holmes really needs to learn how to protect a lead. They had this game licked and let Madison force them into rushed possessions. Just because you break the press doesn't mean you can't pull the ball pack out and run some clock. Overall Holmes is really starting to gel really well. And that block by bolden, wow! I thought Holmes really maintained their cool during what become a chippy game. I think that can be attributed to coach L, he seems to have a grip on this team. For Madison #23 was impressive but didn't look to score enough. I could see them competing for the 11th region crown.

Edited by generic user

As I mentioned in the update thread, Madison Central's Kirk Humphrey had one of the best "no-look" passes you will ever see.....completely fooled EVERYONE, except his teammate who received it....and Bolden's "monster" block against the backboard at the 1st quarter buzzer was IMPRESSIVE. :ylsuper:

Holmes did a great job finishing at the rim, the alley oop to Avery was sweet. McClendon was great taking the ball to the rack and hitting the outside shot.

The difference in this game EASILY was Madison Central's inability to finish at the rim, they were god awful, they easily missed 10 if not 15. :yuck:

Both Coach Feldhaus and his brother (former UK Wildcat) Deron, were constantly complaining to the officials that they weren't getting foul calls on all these "point-blank" misses. IMO, they were good "no-calls", Madison Central just had a bad night finishing at the rim. However, they did a great job in getting back into the game, but their final possession was poorly executed, but the Dawgs have to get some of the credit for their defense on this play.

As I mentioned in the update thread' date=' Madison Central's Kirk Humphrey had one of the best "no-look" passes you will ever see.....completely fooled EVERYONE, except his teammate who received it....and Bolden's "monster" block against the backboard at the 1st quarter buzzer was IMPRESSIVE. :ylsuper: Holmes did a great job finishing at the rim, the alley oop to Avery was sweet. McClendon was great taking the ball to the rack and hitting the outside shot. The difference in this game EASILY was Madison Central's inability to finish at the rim, they were god awful, they easily missed 10 if not 15. :yuck: Both Coach Feldhaus and his brother (former UK Wildcat) Deron, were constantly complaining to the officials that they weren't getting foul calls on all these "point-blank" misses. IMO, they were good "no-calls", Madison Central just had a bad night finishing at the rim. However, they did a great job in getting back into the game, but their final possession was poorly executed, but the Dawgs have to get some of the credit for their defense on this play.[/quote']

Deron KILLED the officials at CCH last year.

Nice to chat it up with B-Ball-fan, as well as , AME1981, allsport, and our boy Walter.

Twotoplace, where were you?

Likewise in chatting with you...and you're right, that "No Look" was awesome... Had me completely fooled, and it was a thing of beauty, and Bolden's block had me saying "Dang... this is getting serious!"

I agree with generic user that when Holmes had a sizable lead they still let MC dictate the tempo, and it almost came back to bite them.

Once the walls were closing in they still had a 4 point lead with 44 seconds to go, and nothing against McClendon because he had a great game and is a smooth player, but he should've just chilled instead of attacking the basket in that instance, and maybe just force MC to come out an foul him. He's a great free throw shooter. Good chance to get some freebies to stretch the lead.

That missed shot gave MC the ball which instantly turned into Bolden's 5th. It might've been a bad call, but they shouldn't have been in that position to begin with if they had just opted to slow the ball, and eat the clock in that situation, and even a little earlier.

All in all though I enjoyed the many options the Dawgs had with their starters, and off the bench.

Covington provides some much needed muscle for them, and although intense in his approach, and he did has his high moments, would still love to see him finish a little better when closer to the basket. I didn't expect it, but kudos to him for stepping out and connecting on his 3.

Arnold and Moore also give the Dawgs some nice dependable inside presence off the bench as well. They're exciting and reliable.

Of course Bolden, Avery, McClendon, and Mullins are the core that makes it all click, and if anyone thought early in the season that Holmes is just all Bolden, that's no longer the case. They might have some things to tweak, but they've certainly arrived, and just like most seasons, this team is solidly in the 9th Region discussion.