Holmes 74 Madison Central 71

Good to see Lawnboy and Walter in the house tonight, I was shocked that Coach Feldhouse did not get a a tech tonight, give the Indians credit for a nice comeback when it looked like Holmes was going to open up the lead, number 23 and 10 made some big shots down the stretch, I agree that McLendon should have pulled it out in the last few seconds, but he is such high energy,he has really played outstanding the last two weeks, Arnold did a nice job off the bench, best of luck to Madison Central the rest of the year, looking forward to a big district game Tuesday against Holy cross.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Deron on the coaching staff at Madison Central?

No, but he definitely make his presence known. :lol2: The last 3 MC games I've seen, he sits right behind the bench.

Deron Feldhouse was worth the price of admission himself! Wow!

Always fun watching him.....just as much as Coach Snapp at Newport.

From the JV game it looks like Holmes has some height to work with in the future. The little guard #3 maybe also looked good in the 4th, he has to be a frosh or 8th grader.

3 was LJ Miller, I think. Got my first look at some of their freshman guards tonight in that jv game...all nice players. Quick, athletic, and decent size for only being frosh.

They also have a kid that I had never seen before that apparently has been with them all year. Don't remember his name but he looked to be a legit 6'5 already and has some thickness to him. Interested to see how he progresses these next couple years. Was told he has improved a lot since the beginning of the season.

Is Deron on the coaching staff at Madison Central?

He was so obnoxious tonight, the ref stopped the game at one point to give the MC bench a "warning" which prompted Allen to say "those fans aren't on my bench. I have no control over what they say."

3 was LJ Miller, I think. Got my first look at some of their freshman guards tonight in that jv game...all nice players. Quick, athletic, and decent size for only being frosh.

They also have a kid that I had never seen before that apparently has been with them all year. Don't remember his name but he looked to be a legit 6'5 already and has some thickness to him. Interested to see how he progresses these next couple years. Was told he has improved a lot since the beginning of the season.

It seemed like the JV squad has gotten shook up since last time I seen them vs St. Henry. I feel like I seen at least 3 new faces with miller and the big you spoke of being a couple of them. I didn't see Xavien Bolden and maybe a couple others. I know brolley transferred. JV looked good tonight.

It seemed like the JV squad has gotten shook up since last time I seen them vs St. Henry. I feel like I seen at least 3 new faces with miller and the big you spoke of being a couple of them. I didn't see Xavien Bolden and maybe a couple others. I know brolley transferred. JV looked good tonight.

The new faces you saw were likely the freshmen that have been brought up.

Xavian Bolden is no long with the team, along with a couple other sophomores that you probably saw at the beginning of the season.

As for the bolded, Englemon and Moore shot something like 70% combined in the fourth qtr and combined for, I think, over 30 pts.

Final Stats:

McClendon 22 pts, 3 ast (4-8 FG, 3-3 3FG, 5-7 FT)

Bolden 16 pts, 3 rbs, 3 ast, 2 blks (3-7 FG, 2-5 3FG, 4-5 FT)

Avery 12 pts, 6 rbs (5-9 FG, 2-2 FT)

Mullins 9 pts, 5 rbs

Covington 7 pts, 4 rbs

Moore 6 pts

Arnold 2 pts, 7 rbs

Humphrey 17 pts (3-6 FG, 2-4 3FG)

Thomas 15 pts, 5 rbs (5-13 FG, 5-6 FT)

Williams 13 pts, 7 rbs (6-13 FG)

Miller 11 pts (1-3 FG, 3-10 3FG)

Taylor 8 pts, 18 rbs (4-10 FG)...9 offensive rebounds

Brockman 7 pts

FG

Holmes 22-44 50%

Mad Cen 21-48 44%

3FG

Holmes 6-11 55%

Mad Cen 6-16 38%

FT

Holmes 12-18 67%

Mad Cen 11-15 73%

Rebounds

Mad Cen 37

Holmes 31

Assists

Holmes 14 (on 22 made baskets)

Mad Cen 5

Score by qtrs:

Holmes: 15-17-22-20--74

Mad Cen: 13-13-16-29--71

Holmes led 54-42 after three quarters. MC 3-point attempt with 1 second left missed the mark. Bolden, saddled by foul trouble, only played about 3 minutes of the 4th quarter before fouling out with 2 minutes to go, whch partially explains the Indians' strong comeback.

Avery and McClendon sat more than Bolden.

Bolden played 29 mins

Avery played 26 mins

McClendon played 25 mins

When Avery was in the game, Mad Cen struggled to grab rebounds and score at the rim.

When he was out, Taylor was going to work at both ends on the boards. 9 of his 18 rebounds were offensive.

Holmes' bench really stepped up. Englemon gave 12 mins, Arnold 19 mins, and Moore had 6 pts in 7 mins.

Raavai Commodore also handled the MC pressure well when Bolden fouled out and he came in the game.

Avery and McClendon sat more than Bolden.

Obviously, my sense of elapsed time failed me last night ... no doubt a result of Madison Central shaving the deficit from 12 points at the start of the 4th quarter to 2 points late in the game. In other words, for us Holmes fans, that was one long last quarter. Those seated around me concurred that we certainly did not want to see the game go to OT, because the Indians seemed to have more gas in their tank.