People get into law enforcement to do what?!?!

formerkywrestler

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The News-Enterprise has already posted a retraction:

Retraction.jpg

:lol: :lol:

I think there is absolutely no way the HC Sheriff's Office said anything resembling this. But I am struggling to think of any way this could be a "typographical mistake". Seems like the reporter had something else on her mind.

I think there is absolutely no way the HC Sheriff's Office said anything resembling this. But I am struggling to think of any way this could be a "typographical mistake". Seems like the reporter had something else on her mind.

No question. Almost makes you think there was an "off the record" conversation before the recorder was turned on when someone probably made a flippant comment and ended up in the article. Hard to figure another explanation besides, "...it isn't like we become cops to shoot minorities..." or something like that.

Clearly it wasn't a "typographical mistake".

The News-Enterprise has already posted a retraction:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48464[/ATTACH]

:lol: :lol:

It says there is a corrected version. Is that quote included with rewording like I did above or is it not in there at all? If it is reworded like my change above, then I can buy a typo. If it isn't in the story at all, then we need more details and a better explanation.

I'm more inclined to believe the reporter ran with an off the record comment taken out of context or misunderstood, just like MTGL speculates above.

The Sheriff says in his facebook post that nothing was said that even resembles the comment printed, and no part of the interview mentioned any related comments. If true, that eliminates the possibility that VOR is offering.

No way he said that.

What's even more ridiculous is that they actually printed that without 100% verification that those words were actually spoken. With the state of affairs currently regarding this situation, no way any good Editor lets that happen...

No way he said that.

What's even more ridiculous is that they actually printed that without 100% verification that those words were actually spoken. With the state of affairs currently regarding this situation, no way any good Editor lets that happen...

Editor dropped the ball for sure.