Newport Central Catholic 78 Newport 49

Too much hype for Snapp. Nice player. Let's just let him be the nice player he is.

I love Snapp's game but too many nights like 4/19.

Weyer's stats are the kind I like. Got his 33 but only missed 4 shots. I'm typically not impressed with a kid in the 30's unless he scores at a high %. Smart shots, not just forcing them.Really impressed with Weyer this year.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Weyer may be one of the best all around players in NKY. That kid can do it all. Finish inside strong, shoots well from outside and is a defensive beast. He blocks a lot of shots and is a solid rebounder. Pretty sure he was around 8 on the best player in NKY list before the season started in an earlier thread and I said he should be up around 5. I now say he is top 3.

I have only seen Weyer play a couple of times. So much talent.

It was apparent during Weyer's Freshman and Sophomore seasons that he was a kid dedicated to being the very best that he could be, and was going to work hard at making that happen.

It's great to see how all that work is paying off.

He's also the perfect definition of an unselfish dependable team player in every sense of the word.

Here's the article from the "River City News" about the game.

It says that because Pangallo nailed NewCath's 7th 3 of the night, all in attendance got a free chicken sandwich out of the deal.

Pretty cool.

New Cath Rolls Over Newport | The River City News

True, the Newport Chick-fil-a is in for a hurtin'. Guess where the Lawnboy family is eating dinner tonight? ;)

Pangallo was honored before last night's game with a presentation of a framed jersey...what was that about? I was doing color commentary on the broadcast last night so didn't get a chance to catch it....LB13??

They honored Mrs. Tina Pangallo, wife of the late Frank and mother of Rocky, Jimmy, Frankie, Nicky, Steve, & Chris, grandmother of Grant, Zach & Steven. She has watched everyone of her sons & grandsons games.

Congrats to the Breds.

Every game Weyer plays and goes off Highlands coach Kevin Listerman just shakes his head and says to himself....If only I was here 5 yrs ago.....

LOL

Weyer may turn out to be a better Div 1 prospect than McDonald. No disrespect to Drew because he is a phenomenal player but Weyer's ability to run the floor and his overall athleticism IMO gives him more upside.

Looking forward to watching both of them in the future.

They honored Mrs. Tina Pangallo, wife of the late Frank and mother of Rocky, Jimmy, Frankie, Nicky, Steve, & Chris, grandmother of Grant, Zach & Steven. She has watched everyone of her sons & grandsons games.

That right there is AWESOME !! :thumb:

Congrats to the Breds.

Every game Weyer plays and goes off Highlands coach Kevin Listerman just shakes his head and says to himself....If only I was here 5 yrs ago.....

LOL

Weyer may turn out to be a better Div 1 prospect than McDonald. No disrespect to Drew because he is a phenomenal player but Weyer's ability to run the floor and his overall athleticism IMO gives him more upside.

I said before the season started that as much as I liked Drew and Zack, Ben might be their best all around player because of how much he can do at both ends with his length, athleticism, and versatility.

Also - grandson, Vince Bonhaus and grandaughter/first Pangallo girl to play, Freshman Alexis Pangallo!!!

Also - grandson, Vince Bonhaus and grandaughter/first Pangallo girl to play, Freshman Alexis Pangallo!!!

Forgot about Vince, and was only mentioning the boys..........I'll probably her it from Alexis the next time she is over the house. :lol2:

Congrats to the Breds.

LOL

Here's my two cents worth. And those who have read my posts know that I am a fan of McDonald's however, NOT related as indicated in a previous thread, just a big fan of him, his overall demeanor and game play. Weyer is a nice player. Saw the game last night. He does some really nice things. He was the scorer last night, no doubt. However McDonald had two guys assigned to him the entire night, most times three when he got the ball below the foul line. He still managed 12 points and 16 rebounds. That's quite impressive. What I like most about him is not only his consistent stats, but the way he gets the ball into his teammates hands when he is double and triple teamed. He had 5 assists along with his points and rebounds. He also did a great job leading the break with his full court passes for lay-ups. I don't believe he was awarded assists for those or he would've had more than 5 assists. Weyer did a great job putting the ball in the basket and swatting some shots (I do believe McDonald had his share of blocks as well, just weren't as entertaining.)

I don't want to upset the apple cart because this team can be special, but if I was to start a team, I'd take McDonald first every day of the week. He makes EVERYONE around him better. Weyer's lack of passing skills, both in the open court and when tied up, lack of ball handling, albeit they are improving, and lack of running the "high" portion of a high/low with McDonald, is what he is lacking now. I don't recall seeing any assists in Weyer's stats, however I could be wrong. McDonald's IQ is far greater than Weyer's as well.

I don't mean to point Weyer's deficiencies out, just defending who I think is not only the best player on that team, but in the region, and one of the top in the state. Don't disregard him because he didn't put as many points on the board as Weyer has the last few games.

Is Spalding not the best on Trinity's team simply because Levitch or another of their many talented players may out score him from time to time?

What about Justice? If he is double and triple teamed yet gets the ball into Hall's hands for a higher percentage shot that night, does that knock him down as well? Or does it actually make him a better player for seeing what's best for the team on that given night.

What about Tyler for Boyle Co. Only seen them play once however if Bell or Elkins out scores him a few times, I'm still taking Tyler because of his over all game.

Don't get me wrong, Weyer has a bright future and again, I don't want to anything to come between the players on NCC's team, but the focus McDonald gets actually opens up Weyer to be able to do a little more. Weyer very well may have an easier time scoring and doing some things this year than he will next. Just my opinion.

When you start comparing teammates your looking for trouble. That can bread nothing but contempt. I don't think they are competing with each other, they are working together. There will be games when Weyer does more and game when Drew does. I think they both do a lot of things well but I rank Weyer higher because of his versatility.