Newport Central Catholic 78 Newport 49

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Weyer may be one of the best all around players in NKY. That kid can do it all. Finish inside strong, shoots well from outside and is a defensive beast. He blocks a lot of shots and is a solid rebounder. Pretty sure he was around 8 on the best player in NKY list before the season started in an earlier thread and I said he should be up around 5. I now say he is top 3.

Weyer may be one of the best all around players in NKY. That kid can do it all. Finish inside strong, shoots well from outside and is a defensive beast. He blocks a lot of shots and is a solid rebounder. Pretty sure he was around 8 on the best player in NKY list before the season started in an earlier thread and I said he should be up around 5. I now say he is top 3.

He is making a strong case.

Ben Weyer by the numbers.......

14/18 FG, 3/3 3pt., 2/2 FT, 12 REB, 5 BLK. :ylsuper:

Forgot, 3 dunks.

He was REALLY good tonight...at the half it was Weyer 22 Newport 22

He outscored Newport by himself when the starters came out. I made a comment on the air that I wish Dawn would have left him in longer to get a new career high :lol2:

Dawn must've heard me because he put the starters back in for a minute or two in the 4th qtr but Weyer didn't touch the ball.

Drew McDonald 12pts, 16 REB, 5 Assist, 4 BLK

Eric Anderson 4/4 FG

G. Moeves & Pangallo combine for 11 assist & 5 steals.

Snapp 4/19 FG, Price 3/19 FG.

NewCath 32/69 FG 8/25 3pt. 6/8 FT.........20 assist

Newport 14/66 FG, 2/12 3pt. 19/26 FT

Ben Weyer by the numbers.......

14/18 FG, 3/3 3pt., 2/2 FT, 12 REB, 5 BLK. :ylsuper:

Forgot, 3 dunks.

Strong stat line, only thing that makes it even better is that if he has an off day, Drew can pick up the slack, and vice-versa. Then you throw in Pangallo moving the ball around and its one of the strongest Trios around.

He's been fire in the last week, hopefully the whole team can carry their energy from the last 3 wins into the showcase in Indy.

Weyer was just on fire. Would love to know how he compares to others in getting to the foul line. He has made it an art. What I enjoyed was how he always put himself in the right spot for multiple second chance buckets.

Breds were just to much for Snapp. While 16 points isn't a bad night, the kid just couldn't get into any rhythm.

Strong stat line, only thing that makes it even better is that if he has an off day, Drew can pick up the slack, and vice-versa. Then you throw in Pangallo moving the ball around and its one of the strongest Trios around.

He's been fire in the last week, hopefully the whole team can carry their energy from the last 3 wins into the showcase in Indy.

Some of the assist tonight were just plain "stupid"!!! Pangallo, Moeves, & McDonald did one hell of a job. Pangalo's "no look" passes are a thing of beauty. Grant Moeves oop to Weyer was perfect.

Too much hype for Snapp. Nice player. Let's just let him be the nice player he is.

I agree that he's not on the same level as many others, but there's something about his fearlessness that's entertaining.

I've yet to see him live this season, so I don't know if that still holds true, however I've no doubt that the kid still plays hard.

Perhaps for me he was interesting to observe as a high achieving Sophomore. Anxious to see how much improved he is from last season, or if he has peaked.