Upcoming Movies You'd Like To See (2015 Edition)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still ticked off that American Sniper won't be out til 16th. Sort of makes me perturbed they announced a Christmas release but didn't say it would be a limited release, which I think is some retarded marketing strategy that I hope backfires for them when the awards roll around.

But other than that, I want to see Selma. I think that one will be outstanding.

Ever seen Reign Over Me with Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle? I feel like not many have seen that one. Shows Sandler in a whole different light. I really enjoyed it.

Nah, I'll have to check that out. I love Don Cheadle also. I think he is one of the more underrated actors these days. He never seems to under perform. He always delivers no matter the role no matter how big or small. I love him as Basher in the Oceans movies. :lol2:

Not much of a fan of "military" movies in general, and his story just doesn't interest me. Not a fan of Hollywood trying to make big $$ off our military members and the (usually) awful situations they're faced with on a day to day basis.

I understand that completely. I feel the same way about movies like Selma and The Help.

Not much of a fan of "military" movies in general, and his story just doesn't interest me. Not a fan of Hollywood trying to make big $$ off our military members and the (usually) awful situations they're faced with on a day to day basis.

I understand that completely. I feel the same way about movies like Selma and The Help.

I understand how you could feel that way...and I certainly understand how some movies - military movies in particular - could definitely be more of an effort to profit off of other peoples lives and hardships.

At the same time, I think there are a lot of movies that are more about people's stories being told, and often times the individuals who lived things in the first place are the first ones to say they want to see that story told. I could name several movies that were made that way.

Black Hawk Down, for example...I worked for several years with the father of a Ranger who fought in the Battle of Mogadishu, and by all reports, his son and the others involved were incredibly happy to see their story told. Same with Lt. General Hal Moore and his soldiers who fought at the Battle of Ia Drang, and Major Dick Winters and the boys of Easy Company.