Upcoming Movies You'd Like To See (2015 Edition)

I don't know if I'm excited or bummed that they remade Mad Max, but I might see that one.

George Miller is back writing/producing/directing the whole thing...but at the same time, it didn't do the Star Wars any favors when George Lucas tried to continue running the show for Episodes I-III. I'm cautiously optimistic, though.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, I'll have to check that out. I love Don Cheadle also. I think he is one of the more underrated actors these days. He never seems to under perform. He always delivers no matter the role no matter how big or small. I love him as Basher in the Oceans movies. :lol2:

Another great Don Cheadle that not many I know have seen is called Traitor. Very good in my opinion.

Not much of a fan of "military" movies in general, and his story just doesn't interest me. Not a fan of Hollywood trying to make big $$ off our military members and the (usually) awful situations they're faced with on a day to day basis.

Fair enough. I can watch military movies all day, especially WWII movies. I feel like the can't get enough out there to keep their stories alive, even if they are a bit embellished at times. That's why I love Band of Brothers, people need to keep remembering them and their stories.

I have to wonder along those lines how authentic American Sniper really will be. Dang, I'm kinda jaded over the delayed release.:idunno:

That's what has my attention for American Sniper. I don't know if it is based on a true story or not but it seems really authentic.

A handful of 2015 releases that I'm interested to see (that I've not seen mentioned yet)...

Carol

The Cate Blanchett movie filmed entirely in Cincinnati.

Spectre

Bond movie #24. How has no one mentioned this one yet???

Hail Caesar!

New Cohen brothers movie. Without evening knowing what the plot is, I'll see it.

Mr Holmes

Movie about Sherlock Holmes in his golden years starring Ian McKellen. I'm curious enough that I'll probably see it.

In The Heart Of The Sea

Period picture about the real-life sinking of the whaling ship Essex, which also stood as the inspiration for Herman Melville to write Moby Dick.

Macbeth

Michael Fassbender as Macbeth, Marion Cotillard as Lady Macbeth, Paddy Considine as Banquo...plus I really dig Shakespeare. I'm definitely checking this one out.

Silence

A Martin Scorcese movie based on a 1960s historical fiction about Jesuit missionaries traveling to Japan in the 1600s. Stars Andrew Garfield and Liam Neeson.

The Revenant

A western starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hardy. Who doesn't like seeing westerns in the theater?

Nina

Nina Simone biopic starring Zoe Saldana. I'd see this one for the soundtrack alone.

Miles Ahead

Miles Davis biopic starring Don Cheadle. I'd also be willing to see this one for the soundtrack alone...much less the fact that it was also filmed entirely in Cincinnati.

Untitled Cold War Spy Thriller (possibly titled St. James Place)

Steven Spielberg directing, Cohen Brothers writing, Tom Hanks and Alan Alda acting...enough said.

Sounds awesome. Who is the director?

Alejandro González Iñárritu....Mexican director. He's directed 21 Grams, Babel, and Birdman (among a few others), and he usually involves himself with the writing of the screenplay as well - which he's also doing on The Revenant. He's had a pair of Oscar nominations for Best Foreign Language Film, and Babel was nominated for both Best Picture and Best Director.

]Not much of a fan of "military" movies in general[/b]' date=' and his story just doesn't interest me. Not a fan of Hollywood trying to make big $$ off our military members and the (usually) awful situations they're faced with on a day to day basis.[/quote']

Same here.

Although to be fair, I really liked M*A*S*H*, Stripes and Kelly's Heroes.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...