Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Name any position(s) on the Bengals defense you think is a strength and I will...

Featured Replies

tell you why it is not a strength.

 

First you have to tell me why it is a strength?

 

Anyone? :sssh:

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this is a "give me your opinion, and I'll tell you why you're wrong" thread. Yeah, no thanks. Waste of time.

So this is a "give me your opinion' date=' and I'll tell you why you're wrong" thread. Yeah, no thanks. Waste of time.[/quote']

 

Isn't that any debate?

Running backs. Young, cheap, speed, power, and versatility.

I think the DB's in general are a strength. Our CB's are getting old but I believe Kirkpatrick is on the cusp of being an impact CB and Dennard is developing as well. On draft day, DB's are at the bottom of the Bengals list unless a highly rated CB drops into their lap as a bargain pick.

 

On draft day, I believe defensive line (pass rusher first and foremost) is the top priority then LB.

Running backs. Young, cheap, speed, power, and versatility.

 

Guru is asking about defense.

  • Author
Running backs. Young, cheap, speed, power, and versatility.

 

RB is one of the strengths of the team.

 

But like Voice said, this thread is about defense.

  • Author
So this is a "give me your opinion, and I'll tell you why you're wrong" thread. Yeah, no thanks. Waste of time.

 

Then you and Deuce have to promise, no more looking at this thread and certainly no posting in this thread.

Then you and Deuce have to promise, no more looking at this thread and certainly no posting in this thread.

 

It's not that serious. :lol2:

I think the DB's in general are a strength. Our CB's are getting old but I believe Kirkpatrick is on the cusp of being an impact CB and Dennard is developing as well. On draft day, DB's are at the bottom of the Bengals list unless a highly rated CB drops into their lap as a bargain pick.

 

On draft day, I believe defensive line (pass rusher first and foremost) is the top priority then LB.

 

Considering how weak our pass rush was I would agree. Age is a concern though.

  • Author
Safety, no complaints with Reggie, and Ioka

 

Reggie Nelson is 31 years old. He is solid, but he ain't no spring chicken.

 

I think George Iloka is okay. Nothing great, but not bad.

 

Add to this, our backups probably are not NFL quality players. Taylor Mays certainly not and Shawn Williams it doesn't appear so. At least he can't get on the field.

 

In short, Safety is a position we are average at best at with zero depth. I believe Safety is a need moving forward.

It's hard to look at the entire team and find a position of strength. There's maybe 3 positions out of 22 that we're set at.

I'd have to say their DL is pretty solid...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.