Name any position(s) on the Bengals defense you think is a strength and I will...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the DB's in general are a strength. Our CB's are getting old but I believe Kirkpatrick is on the cusp of being an impact CB and Dennard is developing as well. On draft day, DB's are at the bottom of the Bengals list unless a highly rated CB drops into their lap as a bargain pick.

On draft day, I believe defensive line (pass rusher first and foremost) is the top priority then LB.

So this is a "give me your opinion, and I'll tell you why you're wrong" thread. Yeah, no thanks. Waste of time.

Then you and Deuce have to promise, no more looking at this thread and certainly no posting in this thread.

I think the DB's in general are a strength. Our CB's are getting old but I believe Kirkpatrick is on the cusp of being an impact CB and Dennard is developing as well. On draft day, DB's are at the bottom of the Bengals list unless a highly rated CB drops into their lap as a bargain pick.

On draft day, I believe defensive line (pass rusher first and foremost) is the top priority then LB.

Considering how weak our pass rush was I would agree. Age is a concern though.

Safety, no complaints with Reggie, and Ioka

Reggie Nelson is 31 years old. He is solid, but he ain't no spring chicken.

I think George Iloka is okay. Nothing great, but not bad.

Add to this, our backups probably are not NFL quality players. Taylor Mays certainly not and Shawn Williams it doesn't appear so. At least he can't get on the field.

In short, Safety is a position we are average at best at with zero depth. I believe Safety is a need moving forward.