Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Name any position(s) on the Bengals defense you think is a strength and I will...

Featured Replies

  • Author
The defense has holes all over it but I'd have to say the D-Line is probably the strongest. With that said I would be looking to replace Peko as he has never been one of my favorites at all. He isn't very good imo. Gets beat off the ball time and time again and has no penetration on passing downs and makes very few tackles on running plays.

 

I love Peko as a person and "teammate" but not as a player. He is backup/rotational quality at best.

 

Let's take a look at DT.

 

Peko is a rotational player at best that only plays well when he is super fresh. The Bengals ask him to play too many snaps and we suffer as a defense because of it.

 

Atkins is no where near the player he was, hopefully next year he will be back to full strength.

 

Thompson and Still are lucky to be on a NFL roster.

 

DT is a huge need, we need a big body that can penetrate and play the majority of the snaps on defense.

 

In 2015 I would like to see an improved Atkins and a new DT starting with maybe Peko and another new addition in the backup rotation.

 

And I don't know how the NFL actives for the Bengals are each week but we need FOUR DTs active each week, especially if we still expect a lot of snaps out of Peko.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The defense has holes all over it but I'd have to say the D-Line is probably the strongest. With that said I would be looking to replace Peko as he has never been one of my favorites at all. He isn't very good imo. Gets beat off the ball time and time again and has no penetration on passing downs and makes very few tackles on running plays.

 

I've come to the conclusion we never see the same things lol. In the past the defensive line definitely was the strength. This year they struggled big time. The Bengals went from one of the top teams in the NFL in sacks the last three years and were now dead last in sacks this year. Which supringingly we finish in the top ten in pass defense still even without a pass rush. Which I know in the past the d line was given the credit for the top ten pass defense and was said to have made the secondary look better than it was because of the pass rush. When this year there was no pass rush and it still was a top ten pass defense. So secondary was better than given credit for going into the year but they are getting older. Next year I do think they need to go with the younger guys and see what happens.

Anyone want to tell me why DE, DT, MLB, or either of the OLB positions are a strength?

 

Well when Burfict is healthy I say its a strength because he showed he is one of the best in the league when he plays. Defensive line and more playmakers besides Burfict is what the focus should be this off season.

Anyone want to tell me why DE, DT, MLB, or either of the OLB positions are a strength?

 

NEWS FLASH, " THERE NOT "

I love Peko as a person and "teammate" but not as a player. He is backup/rotational quality at best.

 

Let's take a look at DT.

 

Peko is a rotational player at best that only plays well when he is super fresh. The Bengals ask him to play too many snaps and we suffer as a defense because of it.

 

Atkins is no where near the player he was, hopefully next year he will be back to full strength.

 

Thompson and Still are lucky to be on a NFL roster.

 

DT is a huge need, we need a big body that can penetrate and play the majority of the snaps on defense.

 

In 2015 I would like to see an improved Atkins and a new DT starting with maybe Peko and another new addition in the backup rotation.

 

And I don't know how the NFL actives for the Bengals are each week but we need FOUR DTs active each week, especially if we still expect a lot of snaps out of Peko.

 

I think DL miss Sims and Johnson more than we thought

  • Author
Well when Burfict is healthy I say its a strength because he showed he is one of the best in the league when he plays. Defensive line and more playmakers besides Burfict is what the focus should be this off season.

 

Let's take a look at LB as a whole.

 

I agree Tez is all that and a bag of chips but I am very concerned he will be not for long in this league because of his tackling style/concussions. In other words, it is hard to count on Tez moving forward.

 

I thought Maualuga played well this year. Did he have a baby or something and settle down? Rey has definitely matured as a player. However, how many leg/hamstring injuries has Rey had? I am concerned that he will miss games each year moving forward. I like bringing Rey back but like Tez I think Rey will be hard to count on because of health.

 

Lamur shows promise. Vincent Rey has been a solid fill in LB. The best of the rest doesn't excite me.

 

I think the Bengals have a definite need for a run stopping LB that can also stay on the field for all three downs.

 

In 2015, the LB position depends a lot on health. I think we need one more good one but we could skimp by here, especially if we address DT and also considering we have greater needs.

  • Author

DE is a disaster from my standpoint.

 

Dunlap is good but teams are able to double him because he is all we have. I was glad to see Carlos stay healthy this year and we really need him to shine moving forward.

 

I am a Wallace Gilberry fan. However, I think Gilberry is a borderline starter in the NFL that has been thrust into a starting role because we stink at DE. In other words, I want Gilberry on my team but not as a starter.

 

Robert Geathers never really lived up to the hype. I really like Gathers but he is 31 and a backup at best. Vet minimum or cut him.

 

I believe we have missed on the last two drafts at DE. Hunt ain't getting it done and Will Clarke are you kidding me.

 

On Hunt, I may go head and tell him to put on the weight so that we can try him out at DT. I would like to see him and Peko as the backup DTs (knowing we have lots of needs) assuming Hunt can do it. He sure as heck has been a flop as a DE.

 

Clarke needs to get in the weight room. I am worried he will be a NFL flop period.

 

DE is a huge huge need on this team and would be a high priority either in FA or the draft if I was in charge.

  • Author

I would probably go DE, DT, LB as the Bengals needs and hope the back end of the D can hold it together for another year with the parts we have.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.