Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Armed Cop Watchers

Featured Replies

Some want to truely help, others want to stir the pot and cause trouble. Some of these guys are definitely the latter.

Some want to truely help' date=' others want to stir the pot and cause trouble. Some of these guys are definitely the latter.[/quote']

 

Most of these guys want to cause trouble. Almost all of them are idiots based on what I've seen.

 

One of the leaders mentioned in this article was recently hit head on by a drunk driver on his way home from protesting a police sobriety checkpoint.

 

He was upset when people made fun of the situation, and stated,

 

"There are some sick people that try to take a situation and spin it to fit their beliefs when they don’t know crap"

 

Pretty funny he'd say that. It's exactly what he does to police.

Edited by halfback20

This seems like a recipe for disaster at some point.

 

Texas Gun Slingers Police the Police?With a Black Panthers Tactic - The Daily Beast

 

Agree Clyde, recipe for disaster.

 

Eventually the cops will end up killing one or more of these people which will only tangle the web more.

 

In short, I think each state needs to address this with legislation before it turns deadly.

 

Think about it everyone, cops do one of the most dangerous jobs in America and now they have to contend with an armed band of haters interfering with their work.

  • Author
Agree Clyde, recipe for disaster.

 

Eventually the cops will end up killing one or more of these people which will only tangle the web more.

 

In short, I think each state needs to address this with legislation before it turns deadly.

 

Think about it everyone, cops do one of the most dangerous jobs in America and now they have to contend with an armed band of haters interfering with their work.

 

Here's the challenge: How do you word the law? If open carry is allowed how do you handle this situation? Open except if you're around police? Doesn't seem like that would fly in TX.

 

I'm all for police being monitored. However, these zealots seem like they will get in the way of the actual crime as we saw in one example cited.

Here's the challenge: How do you word the law? If open carry is allowed how do you handle this situation? Open except if you're around police? Doesn't seem like that would fly in TX.

 

I'm all for police being monitored. However, these zealots seem like they will get in the way of the actual crime as we saw in one example cited.

 

It would take a greater legal mind than mine.

 

First I would create a law that doesn't allow any third party to come within 100 feet (off the top of my head) of any official police business and second I would create a law that does not allow any third party to interfere with official police business while armed. I would make them both felonies with mandatory jail sentences. This is real serious people.

 

Like Clyde, I too am all for police being monitored but this is definitely not the way to do it.

According to police, Cordova drove up to a traffic stop, got out of his car, and began yelling at officers and pulling up his vest to show them he was armed.

 

“When you see somebody being aggressive, interfering with a stop, and armed with a deadly weapon, the officer can’t just ignore that,” Sgt. Houston said.

:no:

 

A Traffic Stop that he had no idea what the situation was...these people are going to cause someone to get hurt or killed.

:no:

 

A Traffic Stop that he had no idea what the situation was...these people are going to cause someone to get hurt or killed.

 

I hope he got arrested for that. I didn't read the article...does it say?

Film all you want but stay the heck out of the way. The last thing an officer needs is a distraction while he's doing his job. What if the motorist shot and killed the officer while his attention was diverted to the idiot with a gun yelling at him? If that scene ever played out I would hope the cop watcher gets charged with being an accessory.

I hope he got arrested for that. I didn't read the article...does it say?

Yes

Cordova was taken into custody and charged with the misdemeanor of interfering with public duties.
Real question here is....Is Joker a member? ;)

 

 

Hahaha... I can give you an affirmative "hell no". Most of my time is spent indoors, preparing title opinions and then watching sports or talking about them.

 

All for people's 2nd Amendment, but can't say I support open carry like they're talking about here. Doubtful that anyone reading this plans to rob me so I'm publicly unarmed as well, unless you count occasionally skeet shooting miles down a dirt road.

 

I'm in agreement with everyone else that this is a disaster waiting to happen and is a reason that Texas is often a punchline. Add in the language barrier that comes with a population where lots of people speak Spanish but many others don't understand it at all and it becomes even more worrisome.

 

In agreement with the article that cameras are the more rational way to go, but at the same time, you don't really see departments rushing to put cameras on officers. Even if they were, I'd imagine that there's still a considerable contingent of officers who are sternly against it, as well as people who'll do whatever they can to make sure that there are headaches if implementation is ever a reality.

 

Even if you feel that more transparency, whether it be through cameras or whatever, is needed, doing what they're described as doing in the article is obviously in no way rational or anywhere near the best solution to the issue.

There are already laws on the books. You can videotape officers as long as you are not interfering with their job. Being a good distance away is a start, how far away? That's debatable, but just don't be up in their face or screaming and yelling at them. Let them do their job and you just silently tape away and most likely you will have no issues. I have seen people video tape officers during stops or arrest and a few times the officer starts a polite conversation with the one taping.

 

Then we have laws about carrying. If I walked into a place and purposely lifted up my shirt or jacket to show my gun, that could be seen as a threating act. If someone does that to an officer, or in a place such as a bank, the person should expect to get blown away. I would consider what this guy did as a felony.

If I walked into a place and purposely lifted up my shirt or jacket to show my gun, that could be seen as a threating act. If someone does that to an officer, or in a place such as a bank, the person should expect to get blown away. I would consider what this guy did as a felony.

This.

Agree Clyde, recipe for disaster.

 

Eventually the cops will end up killing one or more of these people which will only tangle the web more.

 

In short, I think each state needs to address this with legislation before it turns deadly.

 

Think about it everyone, cops do one of the most dangerous jobs in America and now they have to contend with an armed band of haters interfering with their work.

An untrained armed band of haters I may add. When you have untrained and armed folks trying to police the police there will be zero good to come out of it and if nobody gets hurt, that will be a feat on itself.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.