Freshmen and JV scores

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have a good thread or website to find scores or updates on Freshmen and Junior Varsity teams playing in Northern KY? I can't seem to find a site.

I don't know of any. Unfortunately, this may be the only place and they just don't get much coverage. I think on the girl's side, JV and Frosh are used mostly for development and just not as much interest. Where boys differ, there are so many boys in a program that the games aren't considered development games. They can provide a look into what may be coming up. Same with the girls, but not as much talent saturation as on the boys side. Typically on the girls side, if you are good, you are playing up already!

That's not to say anything about the kids playing fresh and JV and they don't deserve coverage (because I do), just explaining why you may see way more interest in frosh and JV on the boys side.

St.Henry Freshman

12/02/2014 AT Bishop Brossart W, 42-15

12/04/2014 AT Boone Co. W, 46-21

12/05/2014 AT Highlands W, 31-22

12/09/2014 VS. Holy Cross W, 37-22

12/13/2014 AT Cooper W, 47-28

St.Henry JV

12/02/2014 AT Bishop Brossart W, 31-29

12/03/2014 VS. Ludlow W, 45-11

12/09/2014 VS. Holy Cross L,35-37

12/13/2014 AT Cooper W, 53-37

I believe the LadyBirds at HHS are 2-3 with wins against Dayton/Brossart and L's against SK/St Henry/NCC. Pretty inexperienced group that will get better (and a couple of injuries/sickness) Play TH at CampCo friday.

JV similar results......... some talent coming through for Birds though.

St.Henry Freshman

12/02/2014 AT Bishop Brossart W, 42-15

12/04/2014 AT Boone Co. W, 46-21

12/05/2014 AT Highlands W, 31-22

12/09/2014 VS. Holy Cross W, 37-22

12/13/2014 AT Cooper W, 47-28

St.Henry JV

12/02/2014 AT Bishop Brossart W, 31-29

12/03/2014 VS. Ludlow W, 45-11

12/09/2014 VS. Holy Cross L,35-37

12/13/2014 AT Cooper W, 53-37

I would not be surprised to see the Freshman Class not lose a game this year.

I know that Sacred Hearts JV are undefeated. If all of our freshman played on the freshman team I don't think the freshman team would lose a game to any other freshman team in the state. Four of our freshman don't play on the freshman team.

My reason for posting this wasn't to boast only to make the point that it doesn't matter if a freshman or JV team go undefeated. If they are really good players then they aren't playing on the freshman team. They are beating out other upper classman for PT on JV or Varsity depending on how strong the program is.

If you are a freshman playing varsity for Elizabethtown right now that would be saying something, but if you were playing for silver grove....well you get the picture.

My reason for posting this wasn't to boast only to make the point that it doesn't matter if a freshman or JV team go undefeated. If they are really good players then they aren't playing on the freshman team. They are beating out other upper classman for PT on JV or Varsity depending on how strong the program is.

If you are a freshman playing varsity for Elizabethtown right now that would be saying something, but if you were playing for silver grove....well you get the picture.

Wasn't boasting either and we do have freshman playing up. Just saying we have a Deep Freshman class this year with a lot of talent. A lot of AAU experience with this class , 5 of them played together in the state and at nationals. I agree it doesn't matter on the JV and Freshman level much. But its nice to see in a smaller school the talent moving up in the next couple of years. I would love to see our Freshman play each other , most I would say already have played somewhere.

I see that St Henry beat HHS freshman by 9. I have a good sense that hhs freshman against Sacred Heart would be a running clock against the Birds. They are good!! With that kind of AAU experience, I'm surprised more of the St Henry freshman aren't playing up. Did they choose just to keep them together or is that where they fell at tryouts.

Edited by True blue (and gold)
Rule 13

I see that St Henry beat hhs freshman by 9. I have a good sense that hhs freshman against Sacred Heart would be a running clock against the Birds. They are good!! With that kind of AAU experience, I'm surprised more of the St Henry freshman aren't playing up. Did they choose just to keep them together or is that where they fell at tryouts.

I was wondering the same thing when I watched St Henry. Thought more girls from the freshman class could be helping out. Is Millay not dressing varsity at all??

I see that St Henry beat HHS freshman by 9. I have a good sense that hhs freshman against Sacred Heart would be a running clock against the Birds. They are good!! With that kind of AAU experience, I'm surprised more of the St Henry freshman aren't playing up. Did they choose just to keep them together or is that where they fell at tryouts.

Not really sure yet , my thinking for now is they're keeping them playing together. Remember St Henry has 8 Seniors this year on the Varsity level. They also have a good Sophomore Class in front of them. Bad news tonight at the freshman level , Haley Cline went down with a knee injury. Keep her in your prayers that its not to serious ! She's a very strong player and a wonderful young lady! St, Henry's Freshman played Campbell County tonight and I think won by 10 or so. Great Job tonight Lady Cru !

By chance do you know who they play with in summer ball ? I'm sure I've seen them play somewhere , but I don't know that much about the school.