December 1, 201411 yr Agree at some point you have to see what Manziel can do they used a first rd pick on him. Hoyer had his chance Cleveland surely don't want to sign a Dalton type to long term contract. lol But hey, if Dalton throws 20 TD passes in the last 4 games, he will equal last years total. I guess so much for Hue's plan to ask Andy to do less....
December 1, 201411 yr Agree at some point you have to see what Manziel can do they used a first rd pick on him. Hoyer had his chance Cleveland surely don't want to sign a Dalton type to long term contract. lol Dalton's stats are better, he's younger, he wins more and we shouldn't have signed him to the contract we did. No way Cleveland was going to make an even worse decision.
December 1, 201411 yr Agree at some point you have to see what Manziel can do they used a first rd pick on him. Hoyer had his chance Cleveland surely don't want to sign a Dalton type to long term contract. lol You don't throw a rookie QB into the lions den when you are in the middle of a division chase. They not only have a shot at the division but also a wild card. It's not like Hoyer is 3-8 this year. The Browns still have a shot at the playoffs and now you are going to take a chance on a rookie QB who hasn't played all year just to sell tickets.
December 1, 201411 yr I sure hope not. Tired of even hearing about him as it is. Hoyer has had a rough 2 games but his record as a Browns starter is really good for them.
December 2, 201411 yr Starting Johnny Football would be the most Cleveland Browns thing I have ever heard of.
December 2, 201411 yr Just FYI. The Browns have started 20 QB's since coming back to Cleveland and only one has a winning record. And they are considering sending him to the bench. Crazy.
December 2, 201411 yr Pretty good article How a Change to Johnny Manziel Would Impact the Browns Offense | Bleacher Report
December 2, 201411 yr Author Dilfer and Young are both against this move. Hoyer has 1 TD pass in the last 47 drives.
December 3, 201411 yr Looks like Hoyer will start. Not surprising. If he struggles, get JF in earlier than they did last week and see if he provides a spark.
December 3, 201411 yr You have to remember that Hoyer has played 10 games without Gordon, most of the season with Cameron and Mack. Those are significant pieces to their offense. Not that others haven't, also. It's just they need to evaluate the rest of the season with as many pieces as possible. At leats, I would.
December 3, 201411 yr Not surprising. If he struggles, get JF in earlier than they did last week and see if he provides a spark. That is how I would play it, but at the same time that only puts added pressure on Hoyer. Have to hate having to look over your shoulder every snap.
December 3, 201411 yr That is how I would play it, but at the same time that only puts added pressure on Hoyer. Have to hate having to look over your shoulder every snap. I agree with playing Hoyer, however, I would not have the quick hook. I play this out the remaining games and see what we have. If they make the playoffs and even win a game or two, then I sign Hoyer to an AD contract and trade JF. If he bombs, I don't resign him and start over with JF.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.