Top Jr's in 9th Region

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad numbers. Can't overlook Hump's 9 & 1 record though.

Numbers aren't everything. Somebody who rises to the occasion in a high-pressure environment certainly gets the nod when numbers are comparable. Bleser shut Beechwood down in the Regional Final.

Numbers aren't everything. Somebody who rises to the occasion in a high-pressure environment certainly gets the nod when numbers are comparable. Bleser shut Beechwood down in the Regional Final.

I'll take the 9 & 1 guy going into his 3rd year of varsity experience and plenty of high preasure games under his belt.

Josh was 8-1 last year beating teams like Beechwood twice and a Hamilton Badin team who went to there state finals. His only lose was in the first round of the Semi Finals. Also Josh is also in his 3rd year of Varsity baseball. Now he didnt pitch is Freshman year but obviously either did Humphrey if Josh's record in one year is almost better with probably more impressive wins. Also i don't think that any game that Humphrey pitch was a 7th inning regional championship game that was decided off a walk off homer.

Josh was 8-1 last year beating teams like Beechwood twice and a Hamilton Badin team who went to there state finals. His only lose was in the first round of the Semi Finals. Also Josh is also in his 3rd year of Varsity baseball. Now he didnt pitch is Freshman year but obviously either did Humphrey if Josh's record in one year is almost better with probably more impressive wins. Also i don't think that any game that Humphrey pitch was a 7th inning regional championship game that was decided off a walk off homer.

Yes, Hump did pitch varsity as a freshmen and he did have some impressive 7 inning wins in both school ball and summer ball for a very competitive Cincinnati Team. He went 7 and beat Lexington Baseball Academe, went 7 and beat Colerain to win the Storm Club Tourney last year, went 7 and beat

Lakota West in their Tournament last year.

Josh is a good pitcher, if you look at my previous post I gave him plenty of proops. I was simply asking for stats.

Some of you guys seem to think that stats don't matter. Stats measure an indivudals performance like scores measure a teams performance. Should we not keep score either? The only guy who tells you that stats aren't everything is the guy that doesn't have the numbers.

Some of you guys seem to think that stats don't matter. Stats measure an indivudals performance like scores measure a teams performance. Should we not keep score either? The only guy who tells you that stats aren't everything is the guy that doesn't have the numbers.

First of all, I have no stats on Bleser, so I have no idea what they were.

Secondly, yes stats can be a good measuring stick for performance, but only to a certain degree. What kind of competition was this against? Have you ever seen CCH's schedule outside of NKY? They always play in some of the premier tournaments around the state, and play all of the titans in Cincinnati. Their schedule is supreme to anyone in NKY, because teams want to play them, so he would be pitching against the best.

So 9-1, yes sounds nice, but who did he beat outside of anybody in NKY on his HS team? What was his ERA?

First of all, I have no stats on Bleser, so I have no idea what they were.

Secondly, yes stats can be a good measuring stick for performance, but only to a certain degree. What kind of competition was this against? Have you ever seen CCH's schedule outside of NKY? They always play in some of the premier tournaments around the state, and play all of the titans in Cincinnati. Their schedule is supreme to anyone in NKY, because teams want to play them, so he would be pitching against the best.

So 9-1, yes sounds nice, but who did he beat outside of anybody in NKY on his HS team? What was his ERA?

I just listed some select teams that Hump beat and as we all know in most cases select teams are more competitive than high school teams due to the fact that that can recruit from all over. And when you are a freshmen and a sophmore pitching varsity you are at a disadvantage anyway.

CCH is not the only team to play a quality schedule. Ryle plays

Louisville PPR (2), Trinity(8), Lou. Eastern(3), Danville(25), and Glen Este(4) and McNicholas (?).

Keep in mind that this group of kids from Ryle 2 years ago as freshmen beat

Cov Cath 3 times and run ruled Beachwood. You can't live on last years record. Check your JV record from 2 years ago.

I just listed some select teams that Hump beat and as we all know in most cases select teams are more competitive than high school teams due to the fact that that can recruit from all over. And when you are a freshmen and a sophmore pitching varsity you are at a disadvantage anyway.

CCH is not the only team to play a quality schedule. Ryle plays

Louisville PPR (2), Trinity(8), Lou. Eastern(3), Danville(25), and Glen Este(4) and McNicholas (?).

Keep in mind that this group of kids from Ryle 2 years ago as freshmen beat

Cov Cath 3 times and run ruled Beachwood. You can't live on last years record. Check your JV record from 2 years ago.

CCH plays Boyd County, Henry Clay, Apollo, McNich, and Hamilton Badin every year, along with St. X also.

So Josh wasn't also put in these preasure situation when he pitched againist Beechwood in the Regional Finals againist the best pitcher in the Region.

Also CCH won Region both in JV and Varsity last season. If you don't live on last seasons you go back to 2 seasons ago. I believe that your role players would already be makin noise last season so last season would be a more defining year.

Josh was the #1 pitcher if im not correct i believe that Mace was Ryles last season. So Josh was the #1 pitcher on the #1 team in the region that makes him the best Jr. pitcher in NKY.

CCH plays Boyd County, Henry Clay, Apollo, McNich, and Hamilton Badin every year, along with St. X also.

So Josh wasn't also put in these preasure situation when he pitched againist Beechwood in the Regional Finals againist the best pitcher in the Region.

Also CCH won Region both in JV and Varsity last season. If you don't live on last seasons you go back to 2 seasons ago. I believe that your role players would already be makin noise last season so last season would be a more defining year.

Josh was the #1 pitcher if im not correct i believe that Mace was Ryles last season. So Josh was the #1 pitcher on the #1 team in the region that makes him the best Jr. pitcher in NKY.

I made that comparison because they ARE the juniors this year and all of the players I mentioned were impact players listed in the Post hitting, pitching and base stealing leaders. These are the same sophmores that went 9 innings at your house and lost by one and beat you at their house last year.

By the way...Hamlton Badin didn't make it to state finals last year, Princeton and Elder battled it out and Elder won.

I'll go with Humphrey.

I made that comparison because they ARE the juniors this year and all of the players I mentioned were impact players listed in the Post hitting, pitching and base stealing leaders. These are the same sophmores that went 9 innings at your house and lost by one and beat you at their house last year.

By the way...Hamlton Badin didn't make it to state finals last year, Princeton and Elder battled it out and Elder won.

I'll go with Humphrey.

CCH also in that game that went into 9 innings lost there master and commander behind the plate -- who is also a Jr. this year a exeptional athlete Connor Larkin. He was takin out of the game for a concusion and the back up Frommeyer struggled catching Severson.

Mace pitched the 2 close games Humphrey didnt. And CCH beat them again at CCH and lost by 1 at Ryle

I'll take Bleser

With all this talk Bleser had company last year like i said with Larkin, but watch out for Shane Popham, Matthew Reis and Kyle Houlehan to make a coming out show this year for the Colonels.