November 20, 201411 yr I would go to jail. If he was dumb enough to not simply give it up. Period I know what the legal powers that be in New Orleans would do to you (anyone). They would charge you with Robbery. It would be a tangled you know what mess. I really mean this, I think the Saints should ban him from the property.
November 20, 201411 yr He should have let her have the ball, no question. However, do you all really think the elbow was intentional? It's a sad indictment on our society that so many "macho" guys are so quick to resort to violence to get what they want.
November 20, 201411 yr Wrong. She was on the radio Monday. Her husband was with her. Wow, all I had heard was she was there with her sister. He showed some nice restraint then.
November 20, 201411 yr Wow, all I had heard was she was there with her sister. He showed some nice restraint then. He was at their actual seats, which were quite a ways away from where she ran to try and get the ball.
November 20, 201411 yr He should have let her have the ball, no question. However, do you all really think the elbow was intentional? It's a sad indictment on our society that so many "macho" guys are so quick to resort to violence to get what they want. Who is being macho? The saints fan or me? Its all about doing what is right and if it requires physical force to make someone learn a lesson well so be it. I guess you can sit there and watch your girl get demoralized like she did on National TV.
November 20, 201411 yr He should have let her have the ball, no question. However, do you all really think the elbow was intentional? It's a sad indictment on our society that so many "macho" guys are so quick to resort to violence to get what they want. Real men look at it as a check and balance.
November 20, 201411 yr He means at the game when the incident happened, correct? Correct. Early story I read she mentioned being at the game with her sister so I assumed she was not there with a husband/boyfriend. I had the same assumption during the game when they didn't show a video of the old guy getting his butt kicked.
November 20, 201411 yr Who is being macho? The saints fan or me? Its all about doing what is right and if it requires physical force to make someone learn a lesson well so be it. I guess you can sit there and watch your girl get demoralized like she did on National TV. She never had the ball. It wasn't hers. You do what you claim you would, you'd not only get charged with Robbery and assault, you'd make yourself look dumber than the Saints fan did, on National TV. All those court costs and the permanent stain on your record over a football? Sorry if I don't think that's teaching anyone a lesson. Unless you're trying to show people how not to handle conflict. JMO.
November 20, 201411 yr Its all about doing what is right and if it requires physical force to make someone learn a lesson well so be it. I guess you can sit there and watch your girl get demoralized like she did on National TV. That's what demoralized looks like? haha!
November 20, 201411 yr She never had the ball. It wasn't hers. You do what you claim you would, you'd not only get charged with Robbery and assault, you'd make yourself look dumber than the Saints fan did, on National TV. All those court costs and the permanent stain on your record over a football? Sorry if I don't think that's teaching anyone a lesson. Unless you're trying to show people how not to handle conflict. JMO. Gresham was clearly giving the ball to the female Bengals fan, the jerk clearly knocked her aside and took the ball from her. Legally I think the ball is hers.
November 20, 201411 yr Gresham was clearly giving the ball to the female Bengals fan, the jerk clearly knocked her aside and took the ball from her. Legally I think the ball is hers. If I'm remembering the video correctly, only after the saints fan had the ball did Gresham point to her. I don't think anyone could legally claim ownership of the ball while it was in the air. :idunno:
November 21, 201411 yr If I'm remembering the video correctly, only after the saints fan had the ball did Gresham point to her. I don't think anyone could legally claim ownership of the ball while it was in the air. :idunno: So according to you no criminal case can ever be proven unless there is indisputable video and audio of the event? Moving forward, it is a pretty easy case to make, all one would have to do is ask Gresham. And wouldn't you know it, Gresham is already on the record: OU's Jermaine Gresham sending autographed ball to Bengals fan who had TD ball 'intercepted'
November 21, 201411 yr Man, I can't tell you how many baseballs were snatched from my kids' grasps over the years. People just do stuff like that. I can't believe it's this big of a deal. Did the guy clearly see that the ball was being thrown to someone else? I can't tell.
November 21, 201411 yr I would go to jail. If he was dumb enough to not simply give it up. Period You're willing to go to jail in New Orleans over a ball?
November 21, 201411 yr Man, I can't tell you how many baseballs were snatched from my kids' grasps over the years. People just do stuff like that. I can't believe it's this big of a deal. Did the guy clearly see that the ball was being thrown to someone else? I can't tell. Yeah, opposing teams players always walk over to opposing fans on the road and give them the football after they score...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.